Do These Toys Look Safe For My Cat?

geercom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

What toys at these links (Amazon.com) look safe for cats and what toys do not? Links are to a cat tunnel, and two collections of assorted cat toys. Thanks!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
They all look like pretty standard cat toys ... nothing seems like it would pose a problem. I’d take the wand away if you aren’t there just in case, and I’d keep an eye that your cat doesn’t eat the feather toys.

In general, just observe how your cat plays with the toys and if they do anything you think might be harmful then only use that toy if you are watching. Most of these toys we have - including the tunnel - and they have been safe to leave out for our cats

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woulds say the cat tunnel is safe. Cats love to hide in things like tunnels and boxes under blankets and so on.

When it comes to the second picture you posted (going by the first photo on the Amazon site), I personally have some issues with a few of them. But every cat plays with toys differently, and one of my cats likes to really destroy some toys making them unsafe for him.
The ones I would avoid are the blue and green "puffy" toy balls. They have a tinsel woven thru it, which if ingested, can cause blockages. And the tinsel pulls out VERY easily. (at least the ones I've ever had.)
When it comes to the small mice with feathers as tails, I will let my cat play with them when I'm home but remove them if I'm gone. I also check those types of toys regularly for loose pieces and eventually I end up cutting off the feathers as they are the first things my cat tries to eat.
All the toys that are "wrapped" twine (mice or balls) my cat will play with but over time they start to unravel, at that point I throw them out as my cat does like to eat strings. And even if it's just a small little bit that is sticking out, he will gnaw and pull at it that in no time until he has a long string that could potentially be dangerous.
Any cat toy mouse with a string tail, I keep checking it to make sure it's still securely attached.

As for the third picture (it seems to have the same type of toys) so I won't repeat myself.:D
But when it comes to wand toys, I put them away if I'm not playing with them with my cat, due to the string parts of them. The one specifically in the photo, because it's made from sewn material, I don't think my cat would try to eat it the way he does ribbons or string, but I wouldn't take a chance just leaving it out.