Do People Have Hobbies Here?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the truth. A buddy of mine is still into it and the prices he pays for some of the stuff is insane. He can afford it as he works as an engineer for a local RR and gets a lot of over time. But 40$ for a single freight car now? Pass. If I get back into it at all it'll be with what I have left.
Yeah. I used to buy the Gould- later Tichy- models and paid 7 or 8 dollars for tank cars and flats, although the Brownhoist crane was around $15. Now? I don't even want to hazard a guess. I still have several kits left, though, including 2 of the Ambroid 'one in 5000' steel coil cars.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember if I answered this thread or not. But my #1 hobby is collecting hot sauce obviously. I have at least 50 bottles. I also like collecting hot pepper powders & flakes.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make crocheted toys. These are my most recent creations. I don't use patterns anymore because I've been making them for so long that I just kind of do what I want. I made the unicorn for my cousin's daughter in 10 hours on Christmas Eve night until 6 am the next day. The penguin I made for my penguin-obsessed niece for Christmas.

EMog3zCX0AEQw3m.jpg
EMh6a6-WwAAH4Pu.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 : Those are adorable! :redheartpump: Do you ever sell them? Or are they too time-consuming to be able to price low enough that they'd sell.

I love them both, but LOVE the penguin! Do you make cat ones?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 : Those are adorable! :redheartpump: Do you ever sell them? Or are they too time-consuming to be able to price low enough that they'd sell.

I love them both, but LOVE the penguin! Do you make cat ones?
I have an Etsy store with a couple of animals for sale, but they've never sold in the year I've had them up there. I've started to write patterns though and I plan on putting them up there eventually. I've made one cat for my friend, but haven't made one recently.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have an Etsy store with a couple of animals for sale, but they've never sold in the year I've had them up there. I've started to write patterns though and I plan on putting them up there eventually. I've made one cat for my friend, but haven't made one recently.
I'm surprised no one has bought them, as they're so cute. Must be that just the right buyer hasn't seen them.