Do I need to supplement with whole ground prey?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thought i would give an update on how it's going. I decided to circumvent the whole problem with my hubby wanting commercial supplements by simply picking up the vitamins while grocery shopping. 

It has now been a few days since they have been getting full meat - and they love  it.  Sinbad actually tries to steal the little tub of meat for the day's portion every time I open the fridge. He climbs right onto the shelf if I don't kick him down, wraps his paws around it and starts pushing. When I am serving it, he is all over me, licking everything that touches the meat if I don't put it away immediately. 
  Tempest no longer requires cuddling/company while eating, she even tries to jump up and start eating as I am putting her food dish down for her before it's even hit the floor and she doesn't care if I leave in the middle of her meal. 

They lick their bowls clean down to the last blood stain and then beg for more. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were starving. Little gluttons. 

Sinbad has even stopped puking regularly. He's only had one vomit since they started on the full meat a few days ago, which is amazing. And it was super easy to clean up due to the different contents in his stomach. They also drink more water this way; I have discovered through experimentation and accident that they both prefer to have about a half cup to a cup of water poured over the top of their meat servings.

All in all it's been even more successful than I had hoped it would be. Thank you everyone for all the advice.