Do I need to play with my kitten all day?

leii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I recently got a kitten, he's 2 months old (if you've seen my previous post - I guessed these things wrong at first haha) and very active. I play with him already 2 times a day 30min-1h and yet he still has energy each time after he wakes up.

Should I play with him whenever he wants? Sometimes I don't feel like it, but I don't want to make him feel bored (I live in an apartment so there's not much to do.. I also still can't tell when he's bored or when he just wants to relax). He also has plenty of toys but he wants real play.

Can I just leave him be from time to time? Thank you!

P.S. I attached a photo of him, he's really changed a lot in such little time❤❤

Attachments

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
noope you gotta play with the lil guy all day(just kidding) :flail: you belong to him now. kittens are like that most cats are they eat sleep play litter box at 2 months he is like any other kid ready to go soon as he wakes up. you can buy some ping pong balls and try tossing em around your apartment he might go crazy for em chasing em around or other small soft type toys i do that with graycie she loves running fast as she can to chase stuff i throw around in my apartment its ok to leave him be though humans cant keep up lots of times keep in mind a bored kitten will find ways to amuse themselves in ways we dont always likeclimning onto places they shouldnt be/chewing on stuff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
noope you gotta play with the lil guy all day(just kidding) :flail: you belong to him now. kittens are like that most cats are they eat sleep play litter box at 2 months he is like any other kid ready to go soon as he wakes up. you can buy some ping pong balls and try tossing em around your apartment he might go crazy for em chasing em around or other small soft type toys i do that with graycie she loves running fast as she can to chase stuff i throw around in my apartment its ok to leave him be though humans cant keep up lots of times keep in mind a bored kitten will find ways to amuse themselves in ways we dont always likeclimning onto places they shouldnt be/chewing on stuff
I'm so glad to hear this! I was worried because it can get tiring playing with him all day😅 I'll try to get ping-pong balls and other small toys so that he can entertain himself. Thank you for the advice❤

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your welcome just remember the lil guy is just like a lil kid just easier to have them go to sleep :lol: have patience best of luck to you another bit of advice avoid letting him play with plastic bags risk of suffocation paper bags are ok just remove the handles risk of strangling himself on them

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't drain the ocean with a bucket, and trying is just asking for a world of frustration. Play for as long as you feel like it, and then maybe a little extra, and your doing fine.

Young kittens get bored very easily and can drive the humans a little crazy especially in a small space. But they grow up, adapt very well and there are millions and millions of happy cats in studios.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can always get a second kitty. That way, one keeps the other occupied and they don't pester you so much. It's actually easier to have two cats than one, provided the extra expense isn't a problem.

Ping pong balls are an excellent inexpensive toy. Kitty will lose them around the house, but what the hey, they're cheap. A ping pong ball in the bathtub is good for a half-hour at least. Kicker toys are good for burning off energy and save your wrists. You can make them for almost free out of a couple old sweat socks tied in knots if you don't want to buy one.