Do I have a persian cat?

krystel68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I bought my new kitten 2 weeks ago and she's a cuttie I bought her as a blue colour point persian cat.
She is changing colour already and does colour point ( blue) normally have pure blue eyes ?
She's more on the blue green
Thank you
Ps also any tips to what brush should I use for her? And she hate when I.brush her tummy:wavey:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose she may be a colorpoint persian, often called for himalayan.   They tend to not be as flat faced as all other modern persians. Its maybe this touch of siamese inbreeding who makes them have somewhat protruding faces...

Point cats has blue eyes yes.  Although here I suspect her bluish eyes are mostly because she is still a young kitten.

I hope you are very mommy to her, she is awfully young to be already two weeks in her forever home..

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful kitten!!

The only other pointed cats l've seen with aqua green/blue eyes are Tonkinese. But they're shorthair - your girl looks like she'll be long haired.

Do you have a slicker brush? All mine like the slicker, but only one likes the Furminator. You could maybe try a glove-brush (usually for dogs) so she associates petting with grooming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krystel68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
StefanZ she's now 11 weeks old if had her at 9 weeks my vet say he was fine to have her at this age and she was already healthy.
I'm good mummy to her she's very spoiled can't believe all the toys I buy! 2 beds she's not using them she prefer my bed with me!

Andrya
Yes she's a long hair, for sure not short. I have a slicker brush. First days she loved it since I try the tummy she's bitting me and the brush. And now not easy to brush her! Trying to keep the same routine, so she's not getting knot I will try the glove brush hope it will help.
She got runny eye Anf she let me clean them

barbara van

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hate but love to tell you ( I am biased as I am owned by one) that looks like a Blue point Himilayan I have an apricot point and they have Persian in their bloodline so some look similar. I love my beautiful boy but they are really ticky about the belly as I have only one that likes his belly to be brushed but it has to be a really soft brush or the glove brush. Congrats on your new family member.

krystel68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definitely a blue point just doesn't have blue eyes her sister and 2 brother had blue eyes I took the last one with no blue eyes I wish she had the blue

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l love her eyes, in my opinion they make her more attractive 

krystel68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I won't be to disappointed as she's a cutie. With lots of crazy time!! Just thought when I bought her she will have gorgeous blue eyes. But they are still changing so let see in 1 month

Last edited by a moderator: