dipping paws in water bowl??

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well today yet again a sopping wet placemat and a mess. So I guess I will have to get used to changing the place mat every day before I leave for work. Obviously Ally does not like to lick and wash but wet and wash. She has been such a joy to have around but she is so different from Opie yet has traits of Tigger. Such a girly girl until she decides to wrestle him to the ground. She can look so sweet one second all purring and go to a growl (deep throated growl) in half a second. She can be all content sitting in my lap, then take off like a jet from room to room. Got 2 little lace pink bows in her fur the other day, she looked so sweet but one head shake and out they came, just wanted a photo, but she could not stand it that long..   ahhhh the joys of a tortie....

xisare

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of our cats, Akodo does that. But not from the water bowl. He does if from my mug of Green Tea!. I drink it very light and I think he like the slightly bitter taste.

On the other hand, Soshi sometimes takes out some kibble from his plate and eats it from the floor. We thought it was because the dish was too narrow and his whiskers felt uncomfortable, but he did it also when we put his meal on a saucer. So we just let him be :)

Silly (and lovely) cats

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of our cats, Akodo does that. But not from the water bowl. He does if from my mug of Green Tea!. I drink it very light and I think he like the slightly bitter taste.
One of my parents cats used to do the same thing with my peppermint tea xD
And every cup/bowl of water he could find. Goofball.

Ruby doesn't dunk her paw in her water, but she does it with every cup of anything she can find. Usually ends up tipping them over.

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great idea a rubber may. Sounds like a good idea. I had about 15 placemats same design (cloth). Used to the dollar tree had really nice cloth ones, not so much anymore. I have one on eac dining chair since cats sit there sometimes

vane4474

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Loki is driving us mad! She'll put her paw in the water and scoop it out onto the floor and drink from the floor or her paw. I have tried all kinds of bowls and even a water fountain but she continues to do this. My partner is getting really annoyed with this as we are having to dry the floor 4 or 5 times a day! We are at our wits end. Does anyone have any tips or advice please.