Digestive Enzymes

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Psycho has been taking Dr Goodpet digestive enzymes for about a month. Recently his appetite has taken off and he s been eating really well.
Prior to the enzymes he was being really picky with his food but now he seems to really enjoy eating. I have not changed his food. He still gets Nutro wet 2 x a day and 1/4 cup of Orijen RR. Before he would leave some in his dish but now he licks his plates clean. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with giving digestive enzymes.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hmm, I try putting Prozyme digestive enzymes in my guys' food, but they apparently can smell it, because usually they balk at eating if it's in there. Dr. Goodpet must put something in his that smells appetizing. Something seems to be working, huh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I try putting Prozyme digestive enzymes in my guys' food, but they apparently can smell it, because usually they balk at eating if it's in there. Dr. Goodpet must put something in his that smells appetizing. Something seems to be working, huh?

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried Prozyme but Psycho would not eat the food with that mixed in but the Dr Goodpet is not a problem.

ofieldsteve

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been using Proviable Digestive enzymes for my cat I have noticed zero difference. Still has very soft stools and stinky poo. Will Good pet work better?

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Digestive enzymes have always kinda freaked me out. Alot of them have glucose reducers in them and I just can't figure out why you'd give that to a cat that's not diabetic or make it a main part of the formula.

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dr Goodpet is just plant based enzymes and acidophilus. I got it because it has so few ingredients. They make one that includes prebiotics but that is not the one I use. It s Dr Goodpet Feline Digestive Enzymes. It has made a positive difference in Psycho 's appetite and attitude.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll have to get a sample, I'd love to add something to my guys diet. I just don't want that glucose reducer to be in it.

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did not see that ingredient on Dr Goodpet but I ll look again. I think if you go on the web site you can read the ingredients there.

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just looked on the bottle and there is no glucose reducer. Just the enzymes and accidopholis.