Diarrhea Not Eating

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today Allie has diarrhea, she’s been in the pan 5 times and mostly hardly nothing comes out just a little diarrhea...

She also threw up today twice and isn’t eating or drinking...I have given her a pro biodic this morning...

She had a bigger bowel movement yesterday and was mostly solid with a little soft wet stuff....

Anything I can do, is this a stuck hairball? She’s indoor and had normal meals prior...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You will need to handfeed her - she can't afford to lose any more hydration and she needs nutrients to fight whatever she has.

Try a pate' style food on a spoon or popsicle stick. This sounds like more than a hairball - can you talk to your vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You will need to handfeed her - she can't afford to lose any more hydration and she needs nutrients to fight whatever she has.

Try a pate' style food on a spoon or popsicle stick. This sounds like more than a hairball - can you talk to your vet?
Yea i’ll call vet tomorrow, maybe i should go to the store and buy baby food?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gerber Stage 2/Sitter is the one you'll be looking for if you're in the US, there are a couple other brands as well, just be sure there aren't any onions or garlic :vibes::goodluck:

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok, i’m going now to foodland

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I syringe some in her mouth, went on her mane, i ended up putting it on her paws....I hope this gets out of her system, I hate going to the vet, so many times this year with the other one.... I dont know what caused this, maybe she ate a lizard, she was stalking something in the bathroom last night for hours...

She did eat some canned last night too, wonder if it was that

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she just threw up the baby food, sigh i’m worried

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I gave her water from a syringe, I pray she improves come morning, poor allie...

Well low and behold she’s drinking from her fountain as i type this

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How are things?

she was stalking something in the bathroom last night for hours...
It could have been whatever this was that upset her tummy and caused the vomiting, but the runny poop is a concern.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
D9916FF8-428C-4066-B98D-4FDE9D0587B1.jpeg
Waiting for the vet to open, she threw up little liquid this morning twice, went to the litterpan in a bm position, stomach contractions but nothing comes out..She frequents the pan but nothing comes out...Still not eating, gave her probiotic on her paw

Appointment in a hour, happy they had morning openings, wish Allie Luck she’s giving me anxiety worrying about my white tornado

Last edited:

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
923082E3-4A68-42C4-8EBD-1EE529BB3145.jpeg
She’s still not eating, I gave her some baby food just now via syringe, hoping she eats dinner..

Vet visit was $420 big ones, x-ray, blood, sub q fluids with anti nausea, took home anti diarrhea meds

I’m hesitant on the metronidazole if it takes away appetite

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She ate a little on her own this’s morning, i have not administered the metronidazole