Devastated

Katty5499

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This week has been one of the hardest ones ever!
I lost my sweet simease baby to fip!
I put her down yesterday after a long grueling day of wait on the results of her blood work!
In my heart I knew she was a sick girl, it just happened so fast! Days on fluids and antibiotics and hopes for the best.
So sad!!!
Now I worry about her sister and my older cat too!
I can only pray that my other 2 will be fine and fip does not effect anybody else!
Just grieving as if I lost a child or my best friend.... Missing her sweet face!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. It's always difficult to say goodbye.

I hope your other cats stay well.

RIP sweet kitty! :angel:

Last edited:

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Such a difficult disease. My thoughts and prayer are with you. I know FIP seems to be more and more common at the shelter I volunteer with. Have you talked to your vet about how best to deal with your remaining cats to keep them the safest?

Again - thoughts and prayers are with you - - losing a family member is beyond difficult. You might look in your area - - - ours actually has several pet-loss/grieving groups. It might help you to deal with such a difficult loss.

We're all thinking of you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, please accept my sincere condolences. Mere words will never ease the pain in your heart, but I hope you will feel the comfort your sweet little one is sending your way, because she would never want you to be overly sad because of her going.You have a bond with her that will never be taken, she wants only happiness in your future as you would want for her if you were the one to go.
It's so very painful to watch a loved one get so sick, even more to find the strength to end that future full of more pain and suffering. But somehow you did, and she thanks you for that. When there is no cure there is no living, just existing, and you spared her that. You took on her pain as your own broken heart, let your beautiful memories of happier times bring you comfort, don't dwell on the end, or what the future may bring, right now it is one day at a time.
Try to celebrate having her in your life, and what loving her brought into it, it is priceless. Live in the present, hold on to those two who mourn with you, they need you so very much right now, as much as you need them. We never know what tomorrow might bring, so it is never good to bring more pain and sadness into what might be, you have enough in your broken heart right now. Look to the future with joy and happiness, because you are alive and you have two little ones to share it with you, and that is what that sweet little girl would want for you. You will never forget that sweet little face, and the love you feel will never die. She left you a legacy of love and wants you to share it, to spread what she taught you about love, because love is eternal and will never leave you, it is a part of your very soul. Take care of yourself, give that dear sister and her mom a kiss from me, I'll say a special prayer to protect them and to bring you peace, my heart breaks for your pain......RIP precious little girl. The world became a little darker with your passing, but your pure, bright light will shine down from above from that new star. It will bring your comfort and love once more to the one who loves and misses you so very much, it will shine for eternity. Goodnight, sleep tight, sweet Princess!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So very sorry for your loss, it hurts so bad we feel like we too will die and don't care if we do, but we trudge on, a step more each day, she had a great life I am sure but of course it is never long enough that they are with us, but she is fine now, no pain or sickness, and you will see her again one day.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
This week has been one of the hardest ones ever!
I lost my sweet simease baby to fip!
I put her down yesterday after a long grueling day of wait on the results of her blood work!
In my heart I knew she was a sick girl, it just happened so fast! Days on fluids and antibiotics and hopes for the best.
So sad!!!
Now I worry about her sister and my older cat too!
I can only pray that my other 2 will be fine and fip does not effect anybody else!
Just grieving as if I lost a child or my best friend.... Missing her sweet face!
Losing a kitty member of the family is one of the most difficult and painful experiences one can feel, especially having to make that aweful decision to release our little babies out of their pain...<sigh> I have mixed feelings about this, but I beleive that God looks kindly on us for doing those hard things for our little kitties.

My heart to you in your pain. Know that the little one (has same Tree-Of-Life as that of Humans), will be drawn to you through your pain, and that the little one is near you to aid you through your sorrow. Will appear in your dreams, via the Astral-plain.

Sincerely

AlphaKitty

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Little One, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on losing your cherished girl to such an awful disease. It seems to strike the youngest and those with weakened immune systems. Prayers and vibes that the rest of your crew stays healthy and that you find comfort and strength to carry on.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for you loss. My condolences!

Prevention measures against FIP do exist (but not a vaccine). In my opinion, it would be advisable to screen the environment of the cats to spot risky circumstances.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss and the anguish of even having to consider putting your baby down. I went through the same thing and there is not one day that I don't regret doing what I did.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Losing a furry friend to such a terrible and evil disease is really devastating, because no matter how hard you and your cat fight, you know that nothing will work and the end is near and fast, I know that because my Tom died from the same disease.
Hopefully your other cats are safe.
I'm sorry for your little girl :(