Delivery Question

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That would be great! But can they have false pregnancies when they have been spayed? And that's another problem, IS she spayed? I guess I might have to shave her belly and look for a scar. Lol. I might have a few after that.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From my reading, it's highly unlikely that cats have false pregnancies but I'd just keep an eye on her and see how she acts in the next couple of weeks. You will know for sure then.

Carly has no signs of giving birth. She wants to break the record for longest cat pregnancy.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From what i'm reading it says it's uncommon in cats but it can happen. Most seem to be caused by mating with a neutered male. All I can do is watch her and see what happens.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

From what i'm reading it says it's uncommon in cats but it can happen. Most seem to be caused by mating with a neutered male. All I can do is watch her and see what happens.
I've never seen them in cats, but my golden retreiver did have one once after she was bred.
If she's showing signs of being pregnant, she most likely wasn't spayed at all. An odd thing that happened with my first foster cat (the shelter told us about this), was that she was spayed, and then, about a month later went into heat!. I suppose something went wrong in the opperation. I'll just say the shelter was not too happy with the vets. Maybe something like that happened...I don't think this cat could have gotten pregnant, but some of the hormones were obviously there!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by CuteKittenKat

I've never seen them in cats, but my golden retreiver did have one once after she was bred.
If she's showing signs of being pregnant, she most likely wasn't spayed at all. An odd thing that happened with my first foster cat (the shelter told us about this), was that she was spayed, and then, about a month later went into heat!. I suppose something went wrong in the opperation. I'll just say the shelter was not too happy with the vets. Maybe something like that happened...I don't think this cat could have gotten pregnant, but some of the hormones were obviously there!
If they do a partial spay and leave the ovaries, a cat can, and probably will, go through heat cycles.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She hasn't shown any signs of heat at all while I have had her. But the rescue female I have didn't either and she got pregnant (I know, I was late getting her Spayed, it was my fault even though it was an accident). Ashes never wondered farther then our shed until a few weeks ago. Then she would disappear through the day and come in at night. There was a couple nights we had to catch her to bring her in (one night she ended up out all night). She is back to her typical behavior of staying on the porch or patio right outside the porch. So it's possible she was having a silent heat and I didn't think twice because I was told she was spayed.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I was going to say I know it's rare but some have silent heats and you never know she was ever in labor.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also would think that she would have gotten pregnant last year if she wasn't spayed. I have also read that a spayed cat can produce milk with it being brought on by suckling of a kitten, but she has not been near the kittens so there's no chance of suckling. The kittens barly cry. Baby Girl leaves the nest and does what she wants through the day but before the kittens have a chance to wake up and cry she goes and wakes them up to feed them. She keeps them very clean and I have watched her stimulate them to potty. She's a great mommy.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All I can do is wait and see if she's pregnant or not. I tried to look at her belly and she bit me, hard, she didn't break the skin. She doesn't like her belly touched and she doesn't like to be held, but she will steal your pillow at night. Lol. So I'm back to the waiting game.

Carly needs to have those babies already! Lol. I want to see them.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You and me BOTH! I told my husband tonight that she's never going to have them. They are just going to stay like that forever with her being huge and they will never be born. That's how it feels for sure.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bet. I told you she's torturing you. Lol

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

I bet. I told you she's torturing you. Lol
Yeah and she keeps nesting and making nests inside her boxes. I'm sick of her leading me on. I'm just going to ignore it all and then come in when she's done having them one day.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is pretty odd...did you're vet say if he could see any spaying scar? Some vets can tell, but apparently it's harder to see if they were spayed young. It is quite odd that she wouldn't have gotten pregnant yet if she's been playing outside for a year, although the staying away for longer does sounds like a cat in heat...
I suppose it is a waiting game!
And come on Carly, you can do it!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ashes is normally a very calm cat but when she goes to the vet as soon as they touch her she wiggles and squirms until she gets free. I tried earlier to try to see and got bit. I will have a few people over (my oldest son-16 and my daughters boyfriend-17) this weekend so i'll get them to hold her for me to check.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Carly will be sooo much happier when she has those babies. She'll get to cuddle them, Baby Girl sure does love to cuddle with hers.

How's Zoe and her babies doing?

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read this thread tonight. I am in similar boat-Got a pregnant cat 4/26 and no clue how far along actually the lady tried to tell me shes not pregnant her nipples are swollen from her last litter. Mines yet to nest and is so sweet (only pregnant cats I have seen were always a bit testy towards the end) This cat has spirit tho-wants no other cats around and has attacked my 40 lb pit mix.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She wouldn't be a Tortieshell would she? My tortie attacks my pit bull mix. Lol My Baby Girl just had her kittens on the 3rd of May.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol no all black I think its more of a I am pregnant leave me the heck alone. My torti girl Holly is nuts tho. She has to have her paw pads cut cause of callus like growths(2 vets said same thing-cut them off as they grow) She never really liked me but now its such a lost cause