Delivery Question

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

So I guess there's still no sign of labor? I think she's torturing you. Well, Baby Girl was 64-68 days.
Nope she has no signs at all. If she goes past 70 days I'm going to fall apart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That would be awful. Well I guess that gives her the next 2 days to have those babies. Lol.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anything new with Carrly?

How's Zoe and the babies?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, she has a normal temperature today but she was nesting a lot in her two places because there was newspaper out of the crate and she had made another nest in her box. She's been doing this for weeks so it means nothing to me now.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess she's going to carry to the last possible day. Tomorrow is day 70 right? I definetly think that is she doesn't have them tomorrow she needs to be seen by the vet.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Remember I'm still guessing that it's day 70 because I honestly have no idea. I'm guessing based on the fact that most cats have their kittens by day 64 and if you back out 14 days (usually the start of when you feel kittens) that's day 50. So if I felt them at day 50 and it's been 18 days since I felt them then she's by a guesstimate 68 days actually. I don't know where I got the other number from. Since I have no way of truly knowing, there is nothing but guesses.

She was meowing at me a lot from the bathroom today. One time she kept meowing and it was a very odd meow, like low and almost a growl. So I went to check on her, she moved and then went to sleep. I thought I was imagining it but no way. I'll check her temp again tonight. The kittens were for sure boiling again today.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you are right. Maybe she'll have them soon. lol

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunatly, I am watching one of my other females to see if she is pregnant. I have my fingers crossed that she's not. I got her from the Humaine Society (over a year ago) and the paperwork they gave me said she was spayed. I have noticed lately that she hasn't been acting herself so I have been keeping an eye on her thinking she might be getting sick. She has been a bit chubby since I got her and lately she seemed to lose a little weight (not enough to worry about). I noticed yesterday that her nipples have turned pink and gotten a bit bigger (they were white and small before). I called the humaine society and they said she was spayed before they got her so there is no proof that she actually has been spayed.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no! She's probably pregnant. My friend that is a cat breeder said that the only time a cat's nipples get pink is when they are pregnant. I'd be willing to bet that someone lied to the humane society.

When did Baby Girl lose her mucous plug? How many hours before she went into labor? I think Carly is starting to lose hers because there is a white bit of stuff there and it looks like glue. I have to clean her often back there and comb out the stuff that gets caught in her hair and happen to notice it.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Baby Girl was already at the pushing stage when hers came out. That describes it perfectly. That is supposed to be the cervix plug. I bet she has them tomorrow if she doesn't have them tonight. Does she seem like she's having contractions?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its hard to tell about the contractions. She has milk in all nipples and I can feel the milk glands swollen. She seems a little restless tonight. I let her out to get some exercise and she's not laying around like she normally does. I hope tomorrow for sure. Her temp was normal earlier but my guess is hers won't drop until right before she's in labor and by then I will probably already know. She is definitly nesting a lot today.

Baby Girl was already at the pushing stage when hers came out. That describes it perfectly. That is supposed to be the cervix plug. I bet she has them tomorrow if she doesn't have them tonight. Does she seem like she's having contractions?

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has lost her mucus plug and is very restless. She may be in labor now. Baby Girl went from sleeping all day to walking and moving alot when she was in labor. Does she appear to be breathing harder? Her nose might flare with her breathing. Baby Girl never panted. Is she walking very slowly?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found this website that brings things into prespective a lot better. It said milk starts coming in day 60. So that would make her 65 days tomorrow. She's not really even close to 70 by that theory. She is walking slower. She is skulking all over the house and won't stay still long. I'm going to bed soon and will put her back in the restroom.

She has lost her mucus plug and is very restless. She may be in labor now. Baby Girl went from sleeping all day to walking and moving alot when she was in labor. Does she appear to be breathing harder? Her nose might flare with her breathing. Baby Girl never panted. Is she walking very slowly?

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's good. That would mean she's just a few days further then Baby Girl was when she delivered.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Carly this morning?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's fine I need to check her temperature. She's been more vocal the past couple of days.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't either. Is she showing any signs yet?

I have called the vet and they said that they don't know of anything that could make the cats nipples turn pink, other then pregnancy. I took her in and they said that they can't feel any babies, but when I took Baby Girl at that stage they couldn't feel them either that's why we did the ultrasound. I desided not to have one done on Ashes because she was REALLY stressed about the vet visit and I didn't want to add to it with them trying to hold her down to do the ultrasound. So they said she either is pregnant but too early for them to feel the kittens (she's also a chubby girl) or it's a false pregnancy.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't either. Is she showing any signs yet?

I have called the vet and they said that they don't know of anything that could make the cats nipples turn pink, other then pregnancy. I took her in and they said that they can't feel any babies, but when I took Baby Girl at that stage they couldn't feel them either that's why we did the ultrasound. I desided not to have one done on Ashes because she was REALLY stressed about the vet visit and I didn't want to add to it with them trying to hold her down to do the ultrasound. So they said she either is pregnant but too early for them to feel the kittens (she's also a chubby girl) or it's a false pregnancy.
let's hope for a false pregnancy