DELAYED, prolonged vaccine reaction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jstie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi - I'm sorry to find yet another cat going through this. I'm the original poster on this thread. The Zoetis Felocell 4 webpage (Zoetis) describes this:

5. The use of this product has been associated with fever, anorexia, and lethargy in 1% of vaccinated cats, often occurring in clusters in association with multiple concurrent vaccinations. The onset is typically delayed 7-21 days after vaccination. Symptoms may persist for 3-30 days with an average of 12 days after onset. Veterinary intervention may be required. When treatment is necessary, supportive care, steroids, and antibiotics have been utilized.

This is EXACTLY what happened with our Pawnee. It took her a month to recover. She was given prednisolone (steroid), buprenorphine (pain medication), appetite stimulant (mirtazapine), and plenty of fluids (I gave some fluids at home subcutaneously, but she also visited the vet clinic a couple of times for half a day to get them intravenously). We did everything we could to coax her to eat - the fluids really helped by reducing her fever, and when the fever went down, she'd eat like crazy - she even stole a chicken breast out of my husband's sandwich when he turned his back for a second! It was a long, expensive month, but she did get better. I am so grateful that my vet recognized this, because the emergency vet we saw when she first crashed dismissed it too - "oh, no, vaccine reactions don't take that long to show up." If nothing else, see if they'll let you give subcu fluids at home (it's not hard to do, and they can show you how to do it - LOTS of people with kidney failure cats do it) to keep your boy hydrated and to help get the fever down. And the appetite stimulant to keep him eating. Wishing you all the best, good luck, and let us know how it goes.

**EDIT to add about the limping someone else mentioned... my vet told me that a high fever - just like in humans - can cause severe body aches and joint pain. Poor Pawnee would just hobble around the house like a cripple. But the steroids, pain meds, and fluids pushed her temperature down and she moved around much more and didn't limp unless the fever started going up again.

Last edited:

Randomized99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for replying. I can’t see any limps, also vet told us that he has no fever. But he’s just moving slowly to get his favorite food or use the litter box. He always had gum issues (he was stray). I called vets today, because he had no improvement after metronidazole, even though he’s gums are well now. So they asked to do ultrasound, to found out what’s going on and exclude liver/kidney issues, but mostly thinking about FIV (even blood test was good). I would definitely change vet clinic 😣 thank you so much for help!

Randomized99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!!
I’ve just read whole topic, I'm so sorry you had to go through all this 😕 it’s really so hard.

I have three other cats, we vaccinated all of them together, but they’re doing great. But this one, has always weak immune system. He
doesn’t eat dry food this days, so I give him chicken breast and broth to keep him hydrated.
he's still getting his antibiotics for gums, I will find out if it’s okay to combine with prednisolone or stop giving him medications at all.
Thank you very, very much! I’m more calm now when I found out what’s going with him and know how to help :(

Hi - I'm sorry to find yet another cat going through this. I'm the original poster on this thread. The Zoetis Felocell 4 webpage (Zoetis) describes this:

5. The use of this product has been associated with fever, anorexia, and lethargy in 1% of vaccinated cats, often occurring in clusters in association with multiple concurrent vaccinations. The onset is typically delayed 7-21 days after vaccination. Symptoms may persist for 3-30 days with an average of 12 days after onset. Veterinary intervention may be required. When treatment is necessary, supportive care, steroids, and antibiotics have been utilized.

This is EXACTLY what happened with our Pawnee. It took her a month to recover. She was given prednisolone (steroid), buprenorphine (pain medication), appetite stimulant (mirtazapine), and plenty of fluids (I gave some fluids at home subcutaneously, but she also visited the vet clinic a couple of times for half a day to get them intravenously). We did everything we could to coax her to eat - the fluids really helped by reducing her fever, and when the fever went down, she'd eat like crazy - she even stole a chicken breast out of my husband's sandwich when he turned his back for a second! It was a long, expensive month, but she did get better. I am so grateful that my vet recognized this, because the emergency vet we saw when she first crashed dismissed it too - "oh, no, vaccine reactions don't take that long to show up." If nothing else, see if they'll let you give subcu fluids at home (it's not hard to do, and they can show you how to do it - LOTS of people with kidney failure cats do it) to keep your boy hydrated and to help get the fever down. And the appetite stimulant to keep him eating. Wishing you all the best, good luck, and let us know how it goes.

**EDIT to add about the limping someone else mentioned... my vet told me that a high fever - just like in humans - can cause severe body aches and joint pain. Poor Pawnee would just hobble around the house like a cripple. But the steroids, pain meds, and fluids pushed her temperature down and she moved around much more and didn't limp unless the fever started going up again.

BtwnStars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So glad to find this thread...My little guy is experiencing this now.

Had shots 9/19, I didn't think much when he was being fussy about eating a few days later. By 1 week later he was not eating and acting different. The fever set in more by day 9. My regular vet didn't have any availability, I took him to the hospital. The tech took his temp of 106 and went to get the vet quickly. Vet was baffled. No other symptoms, he felt all thru his body. He had been hobbling a bit, but of course didn't show that at the vet hospital. Vet didn't say it but basically FUO. Decided to send him home with Onsior and said if he gets worse bring him back or isn't better in 3 days reevaluate.

When we got home he ate a little which was encouraging, I figured the Onsior was starting to work. The next day he seemed better, but then slept the whole day, very lethargic. I had to get him up, but he did eat/drink when I did and seemed to perk up a bit after the next onsior dose. My guess is it was helping relieve fever then he would feel better.

Thought maybe we were in the clear, but then fever seemed back and he seemed more miserable. He's normally such a happy energetic guy, just over 1 year old - i think that's what's keeping him going bcz he is young and otherwise healthy (vet even said so at his vaccine appt).

Last night I start scouring internet and found the article about the vaccines, I sent a message to regular vet to let me know the name, manufacturer and lot, and that I want to bring him in for fluids. Onsior is done, I was worried he was still feverish, seems to be coming and going. I am syringe water and broth, he will lick broth, eat churu and dry nibbles. I didn't really want to give him the dry, but I figure anything is better than nothing. He is going to the bathroom, just like pee once a day. I think he may have had a bm (hard to tell with two other cats).

I almost was ready to take him again tonight, but trying to hold out for my regular vet. It's closer and I would like to start the process of alerting that he had this reaction to the vaccine. But if he feels too hot, I will take him.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.... one thing I wasn't sure on, is it the steriod/prednisolone that works or an anti-biotic? Or just one or the other to help keep symptoms at bay? I really want to just get him some fluids to help flush his system a bit. And anything to help increase appetite, he def lost a pound, maybe more by now in like 10 days.... I feel so bad, it has been very difficult.

jstie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m the original poster on this thread. I am so sorry to keep hearing about cats undergoing this, but hope our shared experiences can help. To answer your specific question about antibiotics vs steroids… antibiotics only help when a fever is caused by an infection. The antibiotics knock out the infection, and the fever subsides. But this kind of vaccine reaction is the body’s immune system overreacting to the stimulus of the vaccine, not an infection. Steroids are used to suppress inflammation, which is what’s happening. Fever is part of the immune system’s revving up in this situation, and the steroids tamp it down. The fever goes down, and Kitty feels better. We also had a couple of vet visits where Pawnee was put on an intravenous fluid drip for several hours. Hydrating her like that brought the fever down too, and she would feel MUCH better for a few days after that, and would eat like she was starving. Since going through this, my vet told me they suspect it may not be the vaccine itself that causes the reaction, but *other* ingredients in the injection that some cats are sensitive to. She now ONLY gives “unadjuvanted” vaccines without those ingredients (Purevax is the brand), and we never stack vaccines together - the FVRCP and rabies are given separately, a week or so apart. Anyway, I hope your vet can help you through this with supportive care as needed. It took Pawnee a month to recover, but she did - and I don’t EVER want to go through it again, OR see anyone else have to. Best of wishes to you and your little guy - hope his youth and your loving care will get him through this! Julie and the Late, Much-Missed Pawnee (passed away from kidney failure some years later)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
It possably is a suspension ingredient common to all vaccienes. Not my cat that had a delayed reaction but myself. After recieving COVID 19 vacciene i was fine for a few days then felt like I was hit by a truck the third or fourth day. I couldn't stand at one point. Had fever and chills too.

Not sure if its related but might be worth meantioning.

BtwnStars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
jstie jstie thank you so much for checking back in. Your info has been very helpful.

He seemed better this morning, still not much of an appetite. My regular vet got me in early, but I was seeing a new (younger) doctor. I could tell they were not comfortable with my info and lines of questioning. I made it clear I was not blaming them for anything, just trying to get info to 1) get my guy better 2) make sure other kitties don't go thru this. I wasn't going to debate about the next time for vaccines now.

They administered sub-q fluids, his temp was still high 104. Sent me home with appetite stimulator. No other meds yet. I am ok with seeing how he does, since like i said he is young, strong normally, is eating a little bit. Hopefully more eating/drinking/pottying will help improve his symptoms. If he's not getting better then hopefully they will consider a round of steroids. But having another cat on IBD, I am all for seeing if he improves. Praying no lasting damage or organs or anything like that.

His vaccine is a different manufacturer, but same contents. Purevax/Boehringer Ingelham. Like the article said, I wonder if it is something to do with the Chlamydia felis being included. I sent them a message, the vet was unfamiliar with claims. I told her frankly about getting reimbursed for hospital costs and she said she would be ok if she needs to do something. Although at end of day, I'm not concerned about the money but the accountability.

I am a two-time cancer survivor and I have had more than my share of medical ppl not listening. It can be infuriating. Why as patients or caregivers we have to fight to be heard is unfortunate. I would hope the goal is always to help and improve the process for the next time.

Again, thank you for the info and hope my story can help others.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I could tell they were not comfortable with my info and lines of questioning. I made it clear I was not blaming them for anything, just trying to get info to 1) get my guy better 2) make sure other kitties don't go thru this. I wasn't going to debate about the next time for vaccines now.
I have never had one vet outright agree with me that my animals have had a reaction to a medication or a vaccine. Convenia, the FeLV vaccine, the ingredient sarolaner, for a few, are all off limits for my cats. However, as you are doing, we just move on from there after I have stated my case. If you want reimbursement, that is very reasonable and I would not drop that issue too quickly. With my very young cat who reacted to Convenia, the vet basically "discounted" everything that they had to do for him to snap him out of it, so it was like being reimbursed.

styledbycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
jstie jstie thank you so much for checking back in. Your info has been very helpful.

He seemed better this morning, still not much of an appetite. My regular vet got me in early, but I was seeing a new (younger) doctor. I could tell they were not comfortable with my info and lines of questioning. I made it clear I was not blaming them for anything, just trying to get info to 1) get my guy better 2) make sure other kitties don't go thru this. I wasn't going to debate about the next time for vaccines now.

They administered sub-q fluids, his temp was still high 104. Sent me home with appetite stimulator. No other meds yet. I am ok with seeing how he does, since like i said he is young, strong normally, is eating a little bit. Hopefully more eating/drinking/pottying will help improve his symptoms. If he's not getting better then hopefully they will consider a round of steroids. But having another cat on IBD, I am all for seeing if he improves. Praying no lasting damage or organs or anything like that.

His vaccine is a different manufacturer, but same contents. Purevax/Boehringer Ingelham. Like the article said, I wonder if it is something to do with the Chlamydia felis being included. I sent them a message, the vet was unfamiliar with claims. I told her frankly about getting reimbursed for hospital costs and she said she would be ok if she needs to do something. Although at end of day, I'm not concerned about the money but the accountability.

I am a two-time cancer survivor and I have had more than my share of medical ppl not listening. It can be infuriating. Why as patients or caregivers we have to fight to be heard is unfortunate. I would hope the goal is always to help and improve the process for the next time.

Hi, unfortunately my cat, goose is going through this ordeal :( she also received the Purevax/Boehringer Ingelham. Do you have any updates on what the company said when you reached out to them to take accountability?

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, After finding this thread it will hopefully save my cat Rico. Went in for his rabies vaccine and Zoetis FVRCPC vaccine (both given at the same time) had the expected next day sleepiness and appetite loss and then was his normal self 48 hours after vaccines. Well, fast forward 10 days after his initial vaccine appointment, I noticed he was extremely lethargic, decreased appetite and had feverish symptoms. After 2 days of him not acting like himself I took him to the ER where they ran a plethora of tests including bloodwork, x-rays only for them to all come back normal other than a fever of 103.8. No infections were present in the blood and had no good explanation for his fever so they gave him fluids, a cautionary antibiotic injection and sent him home with prednisolone. After two more days of his symptoms not getting any better and numerous calls to the vet with no explanations, I started to dig deep on the internet and found this Thread. I knew there was a correlation to his sickness and the vaccines because it was just too coincidental timing-wise. I called the Vet and had them call Zoetis and Zoetis in fact admitted this was an adverse reaction to their vaccine (specifically the Chlamydia medicine in the vaccine) and that with supportive care (fluids, steroids and antibiotics) he should recover in up to 30 days. They started a case # for him and should pay for vet visits per the vet. I hope he has a full recovery soon because it's hard to see my 4 year old rambunctious cat not move in 5 days. I hope his fever breaks soon. Please report if your cat is having these symptoms after a vaccine because it's obviously underreported or wrongly reported that only 1% of felines have this adverse reaction. No more vaccines for this boy, I feel so guilty that he's having to go through this for that length of time.

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, unfortunately my cat, goose is going through this ordeal :( she also received the Purevax/Boehringer Ingelham. Do you have any updates on what the company said when you reached out to them to take accountability?

Hello, Zoetis admits that it is indeed the Chlamydia felis being included in the vaccine that is causing this adverse reaction in cats. My cat is having adverse reactions to it and will hopefully recover since he is a younger strong boy but he is putting up a good fight. Whatever is in that vaccine is awful and has really made my cat sicker than I've ever seen him. I filled a case # with zoetis and since I have pet insurance haven't asked about reimbursement yet but the vet said they would.

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m the original poster on this thread. I am so sorry to keep hearing about cats undergoing this, but hope our shared experiences can help. To answer your specific question about antibiotics vs steroids… antibiotics only help when a fever is caused by an infection. The antibiotics knock out the infection, and the fever subsides. But this kind of vaccine reaction is the body’s immune system overreacting to the stimulus of the vaccine, not an infection. Steroids are used to suppress inflammation, which is what’s happening. Fever is part of the immune system’s revving up in this situation, and the steroids tamp it down. The fever goes down, and Kitty feels better. We also had a couple of vet visits where Pawnee was put on an intravenous fluid drip for several hours. Hydrating her like that brought the fever down too, and she would feel MUCH better for a few days after that, and would eat like she was starving. Since going through this, my vet told me they suspect it may not be the vaccine itself that causes the reaction, but *other* ingredients in the injection that some cats are sensitive to. She now ONLY gives “unadjuvanted” vaccines without those ingredients (Purevax is the brand), and we never stack vaccines together - the FVRCP and rabies are given separately, a week or so apart. Anyway, I hope your vet can help you through this with supportive care as needed. It took Pawnee a month to recover, but she did - and I don’t EVER want to go through it again, OR see anyone else have to. Best of wishes to you and your little guy - hope his youth and your loving care will get him through this! Julie and the Late, Much-Missed Pawnee (passed away from kidney failure some years later)
Hello, I wanted to personally thank you for Pawnee's journey with adverse vaccine reactions and for making feline medicine and care more of a priority. It's underreported and it's up to us as pet parents to do our due diligence and get to the bottom of our cat's symptoms because clearly the 1% affected by vaccines as the claim is BS!

jstie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad I posted Pawnee’s story here. It was so scary, and it lifts my heart that we might have helped so many kitties and their people get through this experience. I’ve had cats for over 60 years, and only had this happen one time - but with pharma companies always tinkering with their formulas, you just never know. The vet practice who gave Pawnee her injections (nearly ten years ago now! How did THAT happen?!) now stocks only Purevax unadjuvanted vaccines, so hopefully fewer cats will have this happen, and if it does, there’s more knowledge out there. It’s good that Zoetis is helping people out with the bills - but it would be even better if they reformulated their vaccines! Best wishes to everyone and their kitties - I hope Pawnee can see how she has helped others from her sunny spot in that meadow by the Rainbow Bridge. Happy holidays and good health to all!

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad I posted Pawnee’s story here. It was so scary, and it lifts my heart that we might have helped so many kitties and their people get through this experience. I’ve had cats for over 60 years, and only had this happen one time - but with pharma companies always tinkering with their formulas, you just never know. The vet practice who gave Pawnee her injections (nearly ten years ago now! How did THAT happen?!) now stocks only Purevax unadjuvanted vaccines, so hopefully fewer cats will have this happen, and if it does, there’s more knowledge out there. It’s good that Zoetis is helping people out with the bills - but it would be even better if they reformulated their vaccines! Best wishes to everyone and their kitties - I hope Pawnee can see how she has helped others from her sunny spot in that meadow by the Rainbow Bridge. Happy holidays and good health to all!
Hello Jstie,
I know it has been 10 years but I’m hoping you can recall some information for me, since my cat is in the thick of it right now any help I can get is appreciated. How long was Pawnee on steroids for and roughly how long did the fever persist? I’m trying to stay strong for my cat but I’m feeling defeated today. It’s my cats 6th day since onset of symptoms and day 3 of steroids. He’s had some what of an appetite until this morning, he won’t eat, drink and barely moving and when he does it’s a painful hobble. I’m hoping once this mornings dose of prednisolone takes affect he will get an appetite back. Vet won’t prescribe any pain meds because he’s on steroids. I just feel hopeless and defeated. I don’t want to take him into the ER again because they had to sedate him last time and it’s such a stressful experience for him. Thanks again for any help you can offer us.

jstie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It took Pawnee about a month to recover. She stayed on the steroids throughout, and was then tapered off them over a week or so. It was not a steady, gradual slope, but rather ups and downs of better and worse days. On a couple of occasions, when her fever spiked, she would visit the vet for half a day and get an intravenous drip of fluids over several hours. This brought her fever down significantly, and she would EAT like crazy and feel MUCH better, and buy a few more days of relief. She got buprenorphine for pain relief, and her steroid dose was pretty small, so my Vet was okay with giving them both. She also got mirtazapine for appetite stimulation as needed. It was a weeks-long haul of good days / bad days, with the good slowly overtaking the bad. As my vet explained it, it was the inflammation that created the fever and the pain, so the steroids were intended to address that main engine of inflammation, which then reduced the symptoms. If we got the fever down by that and the fluids, then she didn’t hurt, and so didn’t need the pain meds. It is so hard to watch our beloveds suffer, and for so long. But they can and do get better, with patience and love and all the supportive care options you and your vet can muster. Wishing you all the very best…please let us know how you get on. -Julie and the late Pawnee

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It took Pawnee about a month to recover. She stayed on the steroids throughout, and was then tapered off them over a week or so. It was not a steady, gradual slope, but rather ups and downs of better and worse days. On a couple of occasions, when her fever spiked, she would visit the vet for half a day and get an intravenous drip of fluids over several hours. This brought her fever down significantly, and she would EAT like crazy and feel MUCH better, and buy a few more days of relief. She got buprenorphine for pain relief, and her steroid dose was pretty small, so my Vet was okay with giving them both. She also got mirtazapine for appetite stimulation as needed. It was a weeks-long haul of good days / bad days, with the good slowly overtaking the bad. As my vet explained it, it was the inflammation that created the fever and the pain, so the steroids were intended to address that main engine of inflammation, which then reduced the symptoms. If we got the fever down by that and the fluids, then she didn’t hurt, and so didn’t need the pain meds. It is so hard to watch our beloveds suffer, and for so long. But they can and do get better, with patience and love and all the supportive care options you and your vet can muster. Wishing you all the very best…please let us know how you get on. -Julie and the late Pawnee
Thanks again! Any steroid doses that worked best? My cat went from twice a day down to one and seems to be doing worse. I’m asking the vet if I can up the dose.

jstie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I *think* she was getting 5mg of prednisolone once a day, as I recall. Looking back at my reports, I see that my vet did increase her dose at one point, but I don't remember how much - maybe to 5mg twice a day? And then reduced it when she started to do better. If his fever is up, maybe one of those half-day visits for *intravenous* (rather than the bolus subcutaneous dose) slow drip of fluids would be helpful? It REALLY helped Pawnee feel better when we did that. I also remember that when we stopped the steroids after getting down to 2.5mg every other day, she got a bit slow and sore, so we kept it at that another few days before discontinuing. Good luck! :catrub:

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I *think* she was getting 5mg of prednisolone once a day, as I recall. Looking back at my reports, I see that my vet did increase her dose at one point, but I don't remember how much - maybe to 5mg twice a day? And then reduced it when she started to do better. If his fever is up, maybe one of those half-day visits for *intravenous* (rather than the bolus subcutaneous dose) slow drip of fluids would be helpful? It REALLY helped Pawnee feel better when we did that. I also remember that when we stopped the steroids after getting down to 2.5mg every other day, she got a bit slow and sore, so we kept it at that another few days before discontinuing. Good luck! :catrub:
Rico update: Day 15 after onset of symptoms and 26 days post vaccine. He started to slowly get better around day 12 and we have weened him off of his steroid. He was getting prednisolone; 2.5mg twice a day for 3 days, 2.5mg once a day for 3 days and 2.5mg every other day for 3 days. He’s doing ok for not having the steroid in his system but definitely not his full playful self yet. The steroid was the only drug we’ve had him on during this, no pain meds, no appetite stimulants. Zoetis told the vet (because they wouldn’t directly give me a treatment plan) that Doxycycline could help but since his blood work didn’t show any active infections I decided to not start him on the antibiotic. I’d say he’s about 75% back to normal and the missing 25% being his rambunctious, playful, jumping all over the house self is still not back. He seems to get winded pretty quickly right now, I’m sure from the almost 2 weeks of sleeping off this inflammation/fever haze will do that? I’ve ordered a hemp+turmeric oil on Amazon that’s supposed to naturally help aches, pains and inflammation so we shall see. I’m trying to be hopeful that he will make a full 100% recovery and this will soon be behind us. Best wishes, Miranda & Rico (4 yrs old)

Natalieanne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our 4 month old Maine coon kitten Mukset just received rabies, leukemia and distemper shots all in one day on Friday. His reaction wasn’t delayed as at 24 hours he threw up and has not eaten since. We brought him in Monday for fluids, ani inflammatory shot and onsir to take home. Two days later still hasn’t eaten and ever since the shots is very lethargic and can barely move. He was in patient all day today in IV and being force fed every hour with an appetite stimulant. We are now home, with instructions to force feed him every hour hoping his appetite returns to normal.

I’m not sure what brand of shot he received but it is definitely related and we are just hoping he pulls through at this point and starts eating, he was only 6 pounds and has already lost a pound . He does not have a fever and bloodwork was normal. We are very scared and feel hopeless and it hasn’t even been a week. He is normally so happy and playful but just looks in so much pain.

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our 4 month old Maine coon kitten Mukset just received rabies, leukemia and distemper shots all in one day on Friday. His reaction wasn’t delayed as at 24 hours he threw up and has not eaten since. We brought him in Monday for fluids, ani inflammatory shot and onsir to take home. Two days later still hasn’t eaten and ever since the shots is very lethargic and can barely move. He was in patient all day today in IV and being force fed every hour with an appetite stimulant. We are now home, with instructions to force feed him every hour hoping his appetite returns to normal.

I’m not sure what brand of shot he received but it is definitely related and we are just hoping he pulls through at this point and starts eating, he was only 6 pounds and has already lost a pound . He does not have a fever and bloodwork was normal. We are very scared and feel hopeless and it hasn’t even been a week. He is normally so happy and playful but just looks in so much pain.
Hello,
Sorry to hear you are going through this, it is very scary with so little information available. Trust your instinct that it is related to the vaccine. My cat had an initial 24 hour reaction and he had a delayed reaction with a fever but who knows what else these stacked vaccines can cause. I would recommend buying Virbac Rebound recuperation formula for cats on Amazon to help him recover faster and hopefully stimulate his appetite. It’s packed with vitamins and nutrients, if he doesn’t eat it by itself mix with a cat food broth or syringe it into his mouth. With rest, prednisolone and fluids your kitty will hopefully recover with time. It took 2 weeks for my cat to get back to 50% himself and 6 weeks for him to fully recover. I now give him Homescape daily thrive hemp and tumeric oil in his food (also on Amazon) to help naturally fight what inflammation is still lingering in his system. Keep us updated on your cats recovery.