Defecating Outside The Litter Box

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suzie bee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another thought--
Our cat with IBD like problems would pee in a box but would poop right next to it. He MUCH prefers pelleted litters to clumping litter..
He later developed asthma, which I seriously think he was having problems with earlier as he would hop in the box, pee, cover it, and jump out and poo.
I think any litter that had any kind of dust (even the 99% dust free litters still stir up dust!) caused him issues. JMO.
Covered boxes were worse.
If this guy is declawed and has been having this issue since he was little living at your Moms, I wonder if it's a problem with remembering declawing discomfort after his surgery as occasionally declawed cats develop some aversion to the litter box after surgery.
Thanks but Jax has all his claws (my furniture is proof!!). Ive tried different litters including crystals with no dust, and in boxes with and without lids. I've tried pretty much everything short of getting an animal behaviorist in now at a cost of over $300 - that i don't have!!!!

Suzie bee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't you wish cats could talk, and tell us what's on their minds. :sigh:

I'm not sure what else to suggest, other than when you clean up his "accidents" put it in the litter box, and then put him in the litter box, and use his paw to cover it.
Yep. Tried that too!!! He's possessed!!!

Suzie bee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't you wish cats could talk, and tell us what's on their minds. :sigh:

I'm not sure what else to suggest, other than when you clean up his "accidents" put it in the litter box, and then put him in the litter box, and use his paw to cover it.
Hi. Not sure if my retook well post twice but I've seen some of my replies were not posted so don't think im ignoring you! I've tried that too. I'm sure he's possessed!!!