Decided to put my cats on a feeding routine. Can you check my schedule for me?

Tippy’sMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
🙋 We have a dry food addict over here too. After two days no dry, he will just not eat...not like he will give in if hungry, but actual refusal. Bit of dry and yup...will eat wet again.
This morning my husband saw her empty bowl and gave her dry; too much dry. So I knew it was going to be a bad day. I scored some Sheba chicken Alfredo. Ten packs. I was very excited. I know it’s not the best one to give her but last week it was her favorite!
To my dismay she decided today that she only wants to eat the gravy. I removed the dry food but not soon enough apparently. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This morning my husband saw her empty bowl and gave her dry; too much dry. So I knew it was going to be a bad day. I scored some Sheba chicken Alfredo. Ten packs. I was very excited. I know it’s not the best one to give her but last week it was her favorite!
To my dismay she decided today that she only wants to eat the gravy. I removed the dry food but not soon enough apparently. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Provide a table spoon or table spoon and a half from the dollar store as a scoop for your husband :)

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also consider a kitchen scale to weigh things to figure out how many calories you're actually giving.
This, a thousand time this. My 9 lb cat gets 160 calories a day in 4 meals. One of them is dry, because it's a midnight snack from the automatic feeder. Ounces and cans of cat food have very different calorie amounts, so you don't really know what you are feeding if you use those measures. You might be surprised when you find out what you are actually feeding them. You have to weigh out the food, but once you have a chart of calories per ounce of the cats' various foods it's really quite simple.

Put food dish on kitchen scale, look on handy chart saying what 40 calories (or whatever) of chosen food weighs, dish out that weight, turn off scale, add water if you do that, feed.