Dealing With Food Allergies, Possible Ibs And Stomatitis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm nearly half way through my trip and Huxley continues to do well. I am ao relieved, but I miss him terribly.
The second person is taking over today so I hope he'll do well with her too. I don't know her as well as my friend who was there until now, but I'm sure she'll take good care of him.
In the meantime, this is Neige, my mom's cat. She keeps me company, but she is the complete opposite of Huxley. She's a real tornado! She's mischief and cuteness all in one! :)

Attachments

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm nearly half way through my trip and Huxley continues to do well. I am ao relieved, but I miss him terribly.
The second person is taking over today so I hope he'll do well with her too. I don't know her as well as my friend who was there until now, but I'm sure she'll take good care of him.
In the meantime, this is Neige, my mom's cat. She keeps me company, but she is the complete opposite of Huxley. She's a real tornado! She's mischief and cuteness all in one! :)
Great news! So glad to hear Huxley is doing so well. You will be back with him before you know it :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
:vibes: That Huxley continues to stay in good shape and keeps this new 'minder' in line for you.

Neige looks like she's having no problem getting you round her neat little paws - what a tease she is there, showing off her lovely belly and chin for us. :loveeyes:

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha. She is a tease! She also has the silkiest fur I have ever touched. Unfortunately for my mom, she breaks everything in th house. She is deaf so doesn't get scared when things fall and break, and my mom who is partially disabled cannot really play with her properly to get rid of some of her energy , but she is her baby so she just got used to living in aminimalist apartment! Lol

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All contiues to be well with huxley but I miss him terribly! :(
My friend who is looking after him says he will only let her pet him for a nano second. I'm not sure if she's playing with him much either. Poor thing must be in serious need of cuddles!

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad he is doing so good. I have no doubt you will make up for lost cuddles! Are you due back soon? Runt had a back slide and is back on his allergy meds. As long as he keeps taking them we plan to hold out until fall. If they don't clear up then we will proceed with testing, food trial, etc. My vet is still holding out hope it is seasonal as well. Poor guy!

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear Runtis experiencing a step back kittensx4 kittensx4 hopefully he'll get better in the fall. I'll be back home on Tuesday evening. I can't wait to get some serious Huxley cuddles!! ;)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Looking forward to hearing about how your return home goes - hope Huxley doesn't do huffing and gets straight in to pamper and cuddle time with you. :crossfingers::vibes:

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha. We shall see if he decides to be mad at me for a while or if he is so starved for affection that he jumps on my lap at once. I am very curious to see how he reacts!

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had an update from my friend and apparently poor Huxley puked whilr he was on top of his cat tree. The tree is a creamy white color and apparently it left quite a stain even if she tried to take it off with baking soda and water. Has anyone got any tips to clean carpet?
I am heading home on tuesday morning. I'll let you guys know if I get the brush off treatment or if he gives me some serious love when I get back!

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, hope the little guy is OK now. I've not had sicky stains on rugs or carpets here (mostly wooden floors thankfully) but hope you find some way to clean up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle work? Don't the enzymes break down stains? I could be wrong...

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am beyond mad! The last lady who was looking after Huxley (an ex colleague of mine who does home sitting in the area for the summer) did not exactly do much here.
First off all his litter box was almost filled to the top and had at least 6 or 7 old clumps of pee in there. She must have not cleaned it at all in a few days and just kept adding new litter to cover it. The thing stank when I cleaned it!
Second of all, the vomit did not just stain, whole clumps of dried vomit are still stuck to the carpet. Clearly she didn't kill herself trying to clean it off as she claimed she did. And lastly, his water fountain has not been cleaned as it is full of slime.
Needless to say she's never coming back again to take care of him!
My concern is how do I know she's actually been giving him all of his meds and if he's been to the bathroom regularly or not? I doubt she cared to keep an eye on that! He went straight to the box once I cleaned it, but only did a teeny tiny little bit of flap poop. That hardly counts as anything. I guess I'll have to monitor him in the next few days. I am so mad, she better hope I don't run into her before she leaves the area!!!

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh No! I hope at the very least he got his meds. So sorry. But I am sure your boy is ecstatic to have his mom home. Sure hope everything is good with Huxley, despite the incompetence of the last "caretaker".

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
So glad you and Huxley are back together and no brush-off when you got home. :catrub:

Poor Huxley though, having a nasty litter box to cope with and the house not being cleaned up for him. Mouse hates it if his furballs / sickies aren't cleaned up instantly when they happen. :alright: :vibes:

Hopefully she was more dutiful when it came to the med's and basic care like food. Can you tell from how much has been used, whether there might be a problem? All fingers and toes crossed that he is fine what ever has been going on - one thing is sure: he is happy to have you back by his side. The other thing likely is that silly woman is not going to get any more reccommendations for cat sitting while you are around. :angryfire: :headshake:

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I don't think she was. I also found out that he had an accident in one of his beds. She did try to clean it I guess as I only noticed the stain when I picked some toys out of it, but again didnmt try too hard. It stunk of poop even after I put it twice in the washer and had to get another bed for him.
Worst part is I think Huxley is constipated. He didn't go yesterday apart from that tiny flat poop thingy, and last night I heard him being in there for a long time. He scratched the box for muh longer than usual. When I went in there, he had done a small liquid poop and there was some clear liquid on the edge of the box. I think it's mucus, and I read that that is a symptom of constipation. If he doesn't go tonight I will bring him to the vet as I have no way of knowing how long this has been going for. I have a feeling she went away for a couple of days and left him with dry food and no meds. This would fit the amount of pee clumps in the litterbox, and the vomiting/constipation if he didn't get his meds.
This woman better hope I don't bump into her in town because I am not sure I'll be able to contain myself if I do!
And also, this took less than 15 minutes to clean! I read online that Hydroxen peroxide was a good option to clean vomit stains. It really was! I had some wipes and used them to clean most of the vomit stains, then put baking soda and a mixture of white vinegar and water on the top platform. It's pretty clean now, but god knows if he'll ever go on it again! :(

Attachments

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took him to the vet today as he has not passed anything since I came back. She says he is not constipated and that whatever is there is very soft so she told me to stop Miralax for a couple of days, and has given him metronidazole to help with infammation in his bowl (I guess because of the mucus that came out last time he went). Given everything that happened with the box, the vomit and everything, I think the "pet-sitter" left 48 hours before I came back and left him with dry food, which he probably ate in a few hours, puked everywhere and had no food to eat till I came back. The vet seems to think that's the most likely reason for him not going to the bathroom till now as he is clearly not constipated. I swear I could slap that woman silly for doing this to him. Did she do this several times during the 17 days she was with him? Did she actually give him his meds?
Bot sure how well he'll take this new pill as it is apparently very bitter and I have not managed to pill him so far. We shall see.
How's Runt doing?

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took him to the vet today as he has not passed anything since I came back. She says he is not constipated and that whatever is there is very soft so she told me to stop Miralax for a couple of days, and has given him metronidazole to help with infammation in his bowl (I guess because of the mucus that came out last time he went). Given everything that happened with the box, the vomit and everything, I think the "pet-sitter" left 48 hours before I came back and left him with dry food, which he probably ate in a few hours, puked everywhere and had no food to eat till I came back. The vet seems to think that's the most likely reason for him not going to the bathroom till now as he is clearly not constipated. I swear I could slap that woman silly for doing this to him. Did she do this several times during the 17 days she was with him? Did she actually give him his meds?
Bot sure how well he'll take this new pill as it is apparently very bitter and I have not managed to pill him so far. We shall see.
How's Runt doing?
I sure am sorry the poor little guy is going through all that. Hopefully with you back home things will turn around quickly for him since he can be at ease again. I understand how you feel about the woman thgast was to care for him. I want to smack her too! Everything is the same with Runt. Thanks for asking. Just anticipating Fall to see if we will be rid of these allergies. Please keep me updated on Huxley.