Day-Old Abandoned Litter of Five

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustytiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@catwoman707,

Thank you! I'm going to slowly get them up to 5ml. It shouldn't take very long for them to reach it. 

Also, so I checked the kittens and from what I can tell,

Big Tabby, Little Tabby and Black-and-white are all girls,

and Big Black and Little Black are boys.

@keyes,

It WAS a surprise! Well, for most of them, anyway. For some reason I'd pegged Big Tabby to be a boy, but maybe that was just because she's really pushy, loud and appears more dominant than the others.

@Reba,

Ikr?? Little did I know!

I guess it was because I expected it to be as easy as it was with the other kittens and I trusted that the vet had steered me on the right course from the start, so I wasn't too worried about anything else. As far as I could tell, the kittens were active, eating well, pooping and peeing well, and everything was fine. It was just Juliet peeking around the corner of the door and sulking just outside it that was worrying me.

Side note, I tried to take some pictures of them but they mostly turned out a little blurry. I wanted to show everyone them anyway, though!

Here's all of them in a kitten pile! (I just CAN'T get over the fact that it's called a Kitten Pile. It's just TOO cute.)

Here's Big Black

Here's Little Black

Here's Little Tabby (Making a funny face)

And I tried to take a picture of Black-And-White but then Big Tabby launched herself into her!

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cannot stand it, they are too, too, cute.  Thanks for posting the pics!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looking at the pic highest up, isnt one of them a spotted tabby? - the lefty one.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG!  Just to cute for words.  Yep, I'm hitting up this thread for my fix.  Really though, just looking at the pictures, they are looking good, I think.  Yay babies!!

dustytiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the pictures were so well received! It really warms my heart to see how many people are interested in these babies! 

Also thank you for all the praise, omg, you're gonna make this go straight to my head! 

To answer some questions,

@StefanZ,

Nah, Big Tabby looks a little like a spotted Tabby at some angles and has a kind of spotted tummy, but she's really just a regular tabby. My camera just doesn't know how to take a good photo of them....

Well, I blame my camera but I'm really just a horrible photographer when it comes to using my phone for pics.

@Riley1,

If you're asking for more pictures, I'm going to be borrowing a proper camera off a friend to take some less crummy pictures soon!

That aside, the kitten's weights today are looking really good! Even Big Black is gaining weight!

Their current weights are,

Big Black-- 132g

Big Tabby-- 143g

Small Black-- 130g

Small Tabby-- 145g

Black and white- 126g

I'm really happy with how well they seem to be going along! 

I'm a little concerned that their diarrhea came back, though. I have no idea what could possibly be causing it this time. I haven't made any changes to their diet aside from slowly raising it bit by bit each meal to 5ml. Maybe I should lower it a bit again? Though, honestly the increased amount of food seems to have done wonders for their weight. The diarrhea itself doesn't seem to be especially severe and all the kittens seem energetic, vocal and very affectionate (their purring sounds like itty bitty motor bikes!), but I still find myself worrying about dehydration.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are so precious!! You are doing an amazing job with these sweet babies!! The Cat Goddess knew what she was doing when she put them in your path!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Again, those kittens are lucky to have you as their mommy!! I am by no means an expert, but I would say keep on doing what you are doing. The fact that they are gaining, have a healthy appetite, are playing, responding to the world around them, acting like normal kittens, I wouldn't change a thing. Sounds like you got the formula they are thriving on, gaining weight, let them eat, eat, eat. The diarreha, I can understand the concern, but as long as it doesn't get any worse, don't be too concerned. We are reading that everything else is falling into place. Remeber, things have a way of working out, as long as we keep the course and you most defineately are!!! We know this is a very stressful time for you, but please do allow yourself to relax a bit now that it looks like those baby have made that turn for the better. We know you will keep vigilant, but do allow these pats on your back thru the internet to reach you. Looks like now you can start enjoying those kittens instead of constantly having to look at them as a "life and death" situation. We know they still need more constant attention then most litters who are blessed with a feline mommy, where nature takes over. You, my dear are their "nature" along with higher power and are making this miracle come true!! Wow, that's enough, now I will shut up. Again, Koodos to you!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Again, those kittens are lucky to have you as their mommy!! I am by no means an expert, but I would say keep on doing what you are doing. The fact that they are gaining, have a healthy appetite, are playing, responding to the world around them, acting like normal kittens, I wouldn't change a thing. Sounds like you got the formula they are thriving on, gaining weight, let them eat, eat, eat. The diarreha, I can understand the concern, but as long as it doesn't get any worse, don't be too concerned. We are reading that everything else is falling into place. Remeber, things have a way of working out, as long as we keep the course and you most defineately are!!! We know this is a very stressful time for you, but please do allow yourself to relax a bit now that it looks like those baby have made that turn for the better. We know you will keep vigilant, but do allow these pats on your back thru the internet to reach you. Looks like now you can start enjoying those kittens instead of constantly having to look at them as a "life and death" situation. We know they still need more constant attention then most litters who are blessed with a feline mommy, where nature takes over. You, my dear are their "nature" along with higher power and are making this miracle come true!! Wow, that's enough, now I will shut up. Again, Koodos to you!!

I couldn't agree more. You are a wonderful mommy to these babies. Hearing about their progress bring so much light into a world where there is so much darkness these days. 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm glad the pictures were so well received! It really warms my heart to see how many people are interested in these babies! 

Also thank you for all the praise, omg, you're gonna make this go straight to my head! 

To answer some questions,

@StefanZ,

Nah, Big Tabby looks a little like a spotted Tabby at some angles and has a kind of spotted tummy, but she's really just a regular tabby. My camera just doesn't know how to take a good photo of them....

Well, I blame my camera but I'm really just a horrible photographer when it comes to using my phone for pics.

@Riley1,

If you're asking for more pictures, I'm going to be borrowing a proper camera off a friend to take some less crummy pictures soon!

That aside, the kitten's weights today are looking really good! Even Big Black is gaining weight!

Their current weights are,

Big Black-- 132g

Big Tabby-- 143g

Small Black-- 130g

Small Tabby-- 145g

Black and white- 126g

I'm really happy with how well they seem to be going along! 

I'm a little concerned that their diarrhea came back, though. I have no idea what could possibly be causing it this time. I haven't made any changes to their diet aside from slowly raising it bit by bit each meal to 5ml. Maybe I should lower it a bit again? Though, honestly the increased amount of food seems to have done wonders for their weight. The diarrhea itself doesn't seem to be especially severe and all the kittens seem energetic, vocal and very affectionate (their purring sounds like itty bitty motor bikes!), but I still find myself worrying about dehydration.
This is so GREAT!! 

You're getting some very nice gains here now!! Woohoo! LOVE seeing this!

That mini motor bike sound, oh how I adore that, it's so non-smooth if you know what I mean, like newly learned purr sounds that they haven't mastered yet, but purring is WONDERFUL!!

NO! Don't lower their intake, the diarrhea I expected to return somewhat, but let's not worry about that now, getting them caught up and stronger is the number one thing here for their survival.

Remember too, it takes a few for their digestive systems to react to yet another formula. It should settle down on it's own, but if not, not a big deal, we can focus on that soon enough.

Yay!! LOVE this :) Very happy to see!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, let them eat as they apparenthly thrive on this formula.  If you shall experiment with something, so perhaps add some nice probiotic.

Had you sought if there are some good probiotics to get?   I mentioned two, there are others too, more or less useful.

quiltingkate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Dusty Tiger, hope the kittens are continuing to thrive!  You've done a great job with the little ones, hope it's less stressful... keep posting, I've been enjoying watching your progress.

Take care,

dustytiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry! I went to stay at my sister's house for two days (with the kittens, of course) to help her look after the kids so it was a little tough to find free time between kitten babies and human babies. 

The kittens, I'm glad to say, are doing well!

Their current weights are

Big Black-- 150g

Big Tabby-- 165g

Small Black-- 152g

Small Tabby-- 169g

Black and white- 150g

so they're all gaining nicely! 

Currently my only concern would be Black-and-white sucking on her forearm between meals. The fur there isn't looking so great 'cos she keeps getting it matted by sucking on it. I'm hoping she'll grow out of that, though. Aside from that, everything seems to be going smoothly! Their diarrhea is slowly going away, they're eating well--I was thinking maybe it's about time I increased the amount again? Maybe to 6 or 7ml?

The KMR seems to have gotten delayed, possibly due to it being Chinese New Year, but thankfully they seem to be doing fine on this milk. Side note--while I was rushing to see if a new petshop near my sister's house might have the KMR and get back before it was time to feed the kittens, I ended up running past this awesome lion dance which was really beautiful to see!

Side-side note-- if a video goes viral on youtube of a girl running past two Chinese lions, and squeezing her way through the crowd while apologizing profusely and saying something about kittens waiting back home, that's me. 

Do you think it could be that the formula I'm giving them right now IS the powdered KMR, though? I mean, I don't know what it is because it's just powder in a clear package, but seeing as they're doing so well on it, could it be a possibility? 

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@DustyTiger-Oh my gosh, I can't believe the increase of their weights!  I can't do it but please give your self a pat on the back for never giving up hope and doing all that you have done for these little ones.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

@DustyTiger-Oh my gosh, I can't believe the increase of their weights!  I can't do it but please give your self a pat on the back for never giving up hope and doing all that you have done for these little ones.
Actually you can, by giving purrpoints - ie purr-raises.   Even if they arent intended for this, but can by used so anyways.    :)

Said and done.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Actually you can, by giving purrpoints - ie purr-raises.   Even if they arent intended for this, but can by used so anyways.    :)

Said and done.
I know I forgot and then when I left the site I remembered and so now I'm back and I'm gonna.  Thank you.  I get so busy typing my mind falls behind my fingers!!