Cyproheptadine Hcl 4mg As An Appetite Stimulant

ChaoticEva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, so my girl Sassy-Minoue is now on 1/4, twice daily as an appetite stimulant. Has anyone had luck with this? She can't take Mirtazapine because of her neurological issues. So my vet is starting her on this new med, at a very low dose, just to be sure it doesn't cause any issues. She is also on Gabapentin, amlodipine and cortisone.

Has anyone had issues with hyperactivity? She seemed to be more vocal and more wobbly last night, which worries me. So I decided to try giving her only 1/8th of a tablet. Not sure if that will do anything, but I can only hope!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
69962813_10162207332810524_1623700476308488192_n.jpg

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat was on Cyproheptadine, occasionally, to boost up her appetite on days when she was bit off due to her disease.
I remember she started eating again, though the pill didn't work every time, but most of the times it was useful.
I also remember that on some occasions she was more vocal or active than usual, but they were temporary effects.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have used cyproheptadine and myrtazapine and felt that both did what they were supposed to do. Yes, I noticed a little more activity but it seemed to me that once the appetite was stimulated it encouraged the cat to ask for food.