Crossword Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Debbila, so far as I know "Graves" does not exist as a SINGULAR word.* Are you giving us a word in plural as a clue for a singular
word such as "memory"? Gloomy" Droopy? Will you kindly clarity, please.

* unless as the third-person singular of to grave i.e. he graves.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Debbila, so far as I know "Graves" does not exist as a SINGULAR word.* Are you giving us a word in plural as a clue for a singular
word such as "memory"? Will you kindly clarity, please.

Drina, I took graves to be a noun. I guessed watery as an adjective.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M mia said: "Drina, I took graves to be a noun. I guessed watery as an adjective."

Mia, my question to Debbila remains unanswered. Graves cannot be a noun unless it is in the plural form.

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm repeating my question to Debbila:

noun such as "memory"? or an adjective such as "gloomy"? Will you kindly clarify, please.

Last edited:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes of course Graves is a plural clue to the answer, but telling you if the answer is a noun or an adjective would be too easy. :evilgrin:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes of course Graves is a plural clue to the answer, but telling you if the answer is a noun or an adjective would be too easy. :evilgrin:
[/QUOTE

I WASN'T asking to know if THE REPLY is a noun or an adjective but if the clue "graves" is a noun or a verb. It seems to me that a correct reply corresponding to a noun in the plural form has to be also in the plural form, ending with s or x not y. Of course a cemetery has graves but "graves" is not a definition of "cemetery":flail:Seriously, I'm interested in words so I very much look forward to learning how a word in the plural form can be a definition of a word ending with y :headscratch:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina CEMETERY is the correct answer! :thumbsup: In this game the word given is a clue to the crossword not the definition, just like in a crossword puzzle.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not Rosemary.
I'm going to be away from home for most of the day. I just add tat the reply is also the name of the berry produced by the shrub in question.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Not Rosemary.
I'm going to be away from home for most of the day. I just add tat the reply is also the name of the berry produced by the shrub in question.
Thanks. Drina! :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.