coworker rant

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK this guy says at the beginning that anything I don't want to do to pass to him. What a joke. For one thing I sort the mail in the morning and we have a lot of general office mail that is not addressed to anyone but that someone needs to follow up on. Well since I sort the mail I get stuck with piles of crap that comes in and when I try to hand it to him (not even half of it, more like 1/3rd) he either complains or ends up giving it back to me because he's "too busy." When he screws something up he will try to anything to get around properly resolving the issue, to the point where he will spend excessive time trying to figure a wrong or shortcut way out of it when doing it right will only take a minute or two. I usually end up fixing his mistakes. He also never admits when he's wrong, even though everyone knows that he's wrong, he is just full of excuses why he is not. It can be ANYTHING, he will never say "I made a mistake and I apologize" it's always, 'oh the computer must have screwed up' or 'i don't recall giving that information' or whatever to avoid the truth. We can sit here and watch him do something wrong, and he will NOT admit to it. It drives me crazy. He plays solitaire and net shops while I do his crap. Not that I'm employee of the year and I do do my fair share of time wasting, but not when he is bogged down with files (as if that ever happened) but if it did i would NOT be goofing off, I would assist him. But again, anything to get out of work.

UGH.

sorry just needed to get that off my chest.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sympathize with you. All of my co-workers think just because I "make more money then they do" that I should not only do my work, but theirs also.
Um, sorry that's not how it works. I worked my a$$ off to get where I am and granted I don't like my job, I'm not willing to let people walk all over me because they are to lazy to do their jobs.
I say, give him the envelopes, tell him that they are HIS responsibility and if he doesn't like it he can take it up with the upper management. That might knock a peg out from under his lazy a$$. If not, then you take it up with them and let them know what a moron he is, but in a nice way.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by annabelle33

sorry just needed to get that off my chest.
Oh Anna...
you don´t have to ask apologizes about to VENT something with us.....
... That´s why are the friends!

This is the unique place where we can express our feelings or our gladness about things...

Thanks for share with us!!!!