Could My Cat Be A Chimera? Snowshoe Siamese?

AshleySalv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So just recently I got a kitten named Tabitha ane she has very interestig marks. She seems to have snowshoe markings but only on one side. The other half of her is completely white.
We know her mother is a siamese, however the father is unknown. The rest of her siblings came out with different markings.

If any one could tell me what they think, id appreciate it. Oh yeah, and she’s 3 months old if that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AshleySalv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So just recently I got a kitten named Tabitha ane she has very interestig marks. She seems to have snowshoe markings but only on one side. The other half of her is completely white.
We know her mother is a siamese, however the father is unknown. The rest of her siblings came out with different markings.

If any one could tell me what they think, id appreciate it. Oh yeah, and she’s 3 months old if that helps.
Here’s some more photos:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
More likely she just has more white spotting on her right side. The only sure way to tell is to have tissue grown for chromosome analysis. I’m not sure you want to go that far.

AshleySalv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she just has a big white spot over that eye. The rest of her body will darken with age, on both sides. You can see how the white over her eye is a different color than the "white" on her body.

She's pretty! A snowshoe lookalike.
Thank you and yes I agree she is a snowshoe! This cat and her share the same markings. She has the brown on the side of her eye which I assume will darken.

AshleySalv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

Tabitha’s markings have developed a whole lot and I thought maybe everyone who participated in this forum might be interested in how much she’s grown

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Prettier and prettier for every day which goes. But today she reached the niveu she was supposed to reach first next months! :)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's adorable, but not a chimera.
A chimera has an even "split face", for instance, fully red on one side and fully black on the other.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A chimera has an even "split face", for instance, fully red on one side and fully black on the other.
That's a myth. A half-and-half face, with one side red and one side black, is a normal variation of the tortoiseshell pattern. It is very striking, but it doesn't indicate that the cat is a chimera. Although it is possible for a chimera to have a half-and-half face, most do not; most have random patching on the head and body.

Lots and lots of pictures of chimeras and mosaics here:
CAT CHIMERAS (MALE AND FEMALE)

When to suspect a chimera:
* Impossible combination of colors, patterns or hair lengths. For example, blue patches and black patches, or brown tabby and solid black.
* A male tortoiseshell may be XXY or a chimera.

AshleySalv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's adorable, but not a chimera.

Yes, I know. That became more apparent as she aged. (: