Coughing Feral I can't trap again

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kristin_Happy Texan Kristin_Happy Texan , Like I said, if the Lysine has any effect, you'll see it in 1-3 days.....your doing great on that kittymalt, sounds like the cat's been eating it and got use to it........I know you mention a trail-cam, But how often are you able to see this cat up close? I've always wondered about FHV marks on the face, and you'd have to watch for that over several days watching for an outbreak.......

Anyway, lets wait a couple days and see what that lysine will do, in the meantime, try to watch that face for a couple days.............

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
backwoodsvet backwoodsvet - I only 'mentioned' you in my post so that you'd be aware of the potential danger associated with Vitamin C causing excessively acidic urine in cats >>>> the result of which is the formation of a form of crystal which can only be eliminated with surgery and which, in accumulation, can cause injurious, potentially fatal urinary obstructions/blockages.

Other colony caretakers and rescuers visit this site to browse, search for solutions, to learn, and pick up 'tips' from apparent/seemingly well-informed experienced colleagues. Clearly, then, information posted here needs to be scientifically factual and found non-harmful before being promoted solely because of individual experience.

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
W whiteshadow , your correct, I should have mentioned that if you don't know what your doing with vitamin C, IT CAN BE a fine line between prevention/curing colds and hurting the cat.......I should have made that known when I commented about my use of vitamin C..

As far as "scientifically factual", as you call it, I don't read medical animal journals for my experience, I gain my "individual experience" as you call it, not by reading pet journals BUT by working in the field everyday, with between 12-20 strays/ferals AND all I can speak to is what I have seen and done with this colony for over 10 years now......I've dealt with fleas,ticks,ear mites,U.T.I.,FHV-1,asthma,colds/flus And sadly even a bow and arrow wound........and I know what works for me in all these cases....and I will always share with others members what I've learned "in the field" AND I ACCEPT that all will not agree no matter how many post they may have............

Could you provide your personal experience at working with a large colony when it comes to the use of vitamin C, you know, how often do you see feline colds?, whats the proper dosage of vitamin C, etc. etc., maybe I and others can learn some things that can't be taught in the field, which I always though was the best teacher................

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kristin_Happy Texan Kristin_Happy Texan , I want to apologize for myself in letting my emotions get the best of me when it comes to colony healthcare, like I expressed to that other member, I've learned a lot in the field and if it could help out one stray out there, that would make it all worthwhile for me, that's why I'm here, to share the knowledge that I've gained with what works for my colony........

Please don't stop commenting on your situation, that's not fair to the cat....Don't let the animal lover in me get in the way of his well-being, and that's the most important part here..........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't even notice. (Been busy around here).

None of that bothers me at all. I always take EVERYTHING into account. (Even right now I'm reading reviews and researching feral cat houses. I research the heck out of every little thing, no matter what it is I'm looking at; everyday products, vitamins, meds, etc. Everything). No worries. None at all. :)

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kristin_Happy Texan Kristin_Happy Texan , I'll be moving on to a different cat site soon, were my in the field knowledge with a feral colony would be more helpful, more useful to some colony caregiver out there that need help with any feral that's in need of care but un-touchable.......
I'm sorry I will not be around to hear of Verbena's progress But please take note to what I have posted in the past about feral care...
Thank you for being a person that takes in all information, good, bad and ugly, and you and you alone make the final decision after all research has been done, as I do the same.......
Thank you Texan for caring !!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not to hijack the thread, but
I'll be moving on to a different cat site soon, were my in the field knowledge with a feral colony would be more helpful, more useful to some colony caregiver out there that need help with any feral that's in need of care but un-touchable.......
why leave here? You can be on more than one site, and be helpful on more than one site, as I am. Your experience and knowledge is very appreciated.

No worries.
How are things? Have you tried seriously smelly things to try and trap her? Mackerel, sardines, kentucky fried chicken?

researching feral cat houses.
It might be a little late, but here's a list of threads that discuss cat huts;
Search Results for Query: heated cat huts

Last edited: