AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your post, Tobermory, Lari and Gem.I must have a mild case of Covid. I'm coughing, sneezing, nausea and I have a sore throat and I'm congested. They are all mild symptoms.
Let's hope it stays that way! Please keep us updated...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I tested postive for Covid this morning. I'm not upset about it, I'm just surprised it took me so long to get it. The past 2 years I've been in 3 hospitals, 2 PT places and almost 20 months in assisted living. I don't know if any body else tested postive today. I pretty sure I'm not only one. We have not gotten the booster yet. Some of the staff have not gotten any vaccines. The servers in the dinning room and the nurses do not wear gloves when handing out food and our pills.
I sincerely hope this is a mild case of Covid.. You will probably not know if it is Omnicron, or not.....
Omicron requires specialized testing; which is not being done routinely, for every case.. It is more of a sporadic PCR specialized testing program~~ just to get an idea...

Please rest... can you have someone drop some food off for you, to eat? You need to keep your strength up....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tested postive for Covid this morning.
Oh, muffy muffy , I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

I must have a mild case of Covid. I'm coughing, sneezing, nausea and I have a sore throat and I'm congested. They are all mild symptoms.
Those are still a lot of symptoms, which I'm sure aren't enjoyable. :alright:
Fingers crossed for you that your symptoms stay mild, and that you feel better soon.:crossfingers:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

cat-hug.gif

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pray that your case remains mild. You are vaccinated, even without the booster your chances are good this will remain mild. No fun but it certainly could be a lot worse.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you feeling today muffy muffy ? If you don't mind me asking...how long have you had symptoms/been sick?
Hi Jem, thanks to you and everyone here for your well wishes. I started having symptoms last Saturday. Coughing, sneezing, congestion and fatigue. I stayed in my room Saturday and Sunday and I started feeling better. They tested us on Tuesday and I tested negative but quite a few people tested postived and they started making everyone stay in their rooms. They tested us again on Friday and me and another resident tested postived. This is my 3rd day knowing I have Covid and the symptons are about the same. They did not tell me which variant I have. On Monday I went over to see my sisters new house and I got a chance to see Tommy after a period of 2 years. I just hope I didn't give Covid to my sister or to Tommy. My sister and her husband had both vaccines and the booster shot.

A nurse here got Covid after getting the 2 vaccines. She said it was the worse pain she ever had.

They bring our meals to our room for now. If I don't like what they bring then I can opened a can of soup. Last night they brought me a grilled cheese which I did not really want. I opened a can of tomato soup and it was delicious.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, that booster really hit me last night in the middle of the night. Chills, aches, headaches. Still not feeling great.

Thankfully J got the message to sleep somewhat decently last night.

I have to go back to Walgreens sometime today because I was a dum dum who left her vaccine card at home so they said to bring it back so they can fill it out. Hope I'm feeling better soon so I can do that.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at 8 AM morning Mass, Today.... I help with the collection---as being an usher.
I did not know it, until the end of the collection, but the Main Usher, was sick!!! OMG!!
I did have close contact with him.. He had the mask below his nose!!!!!! :livid::livid::livid::livid:

He had all his shots, including booster (October); went home after the collection... But still...
Very unsure about this...

Good thing we are having a testing clinic in here, on Tuesday....

A couple of the guys said he was 'ok' because he had all his shots... No Way! I disagreed.. saying
Even withe booster, vaccines do not PREVENT you from getting Covid or Omicron!! It just causing the symptoms to be less severe!!

OMG... what is it with these people who do not properly wear masks????

muffy muffy Hope you start improving, very soon!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="artiemom, post: 5457484, member: 7
OMG... what is it with these people who do not properly wear masks????

Some men were painting here yesterday and one them kept pulling down his mask when ever he had to sneeze. I was surised that no one said anything to him.

A resident here tested positive for Covid last week. Her family took her to Walmart and they did not wear mask. What the hell were they thinking?

muffy muffy Hope you start improving, very soon!!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I do feel better than I did yesterday.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overall good news...as a whole.
In Ontario, we have exceeded our records for daily case counts reaching over 10,000 for the first time since the pandemic started.
However, although our case counts have increased a whopping 157.1% over the last 7 days, with an average of 4,922.7 per day. At the same time our death rate has decreased by 7.1%, with an average of only 5.6 deaths per day over the last 7 days.
They estimate that something like 96% of cases now are from the Omicron variant. And the vast majority of deaths and severe illness are among the unvaccinated.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know about the death rate in Ohio because we still have the remnants of Delta here. New hospitalizations and admissions to ICU are down from past surges even though we are setting records for new infections.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got my booster, waiting my 15 minutes now. I got Pfizer again; I was thinking about getting Moderna this time but right now they're arguing about whether the half-dose booster is effective or if the booster should be a whole dose so I just decided to stick with what I know. One study shows that the booster protects against Omicron for at least 10 weeks so hopefully that'll get past the worst of it.

Not sure why they decided to have a Sunday morning vaccine event. There's hardly anyone here. They're doing one next Sunday too.

They put me in a kid's room since there aren't a lot of kids here, and I barely felt the shot---I bet pediatric nurses are better at giving shots, lol.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the death rate in Ohio because we still have the remnants of Delta here. New hospitalizations and admissions to ICU are down from past surges even though we are setting records for new infections.
This time last year (I pulled the data from December 26th 2020), even though our average daily case count was only around 2200, our average daily death count was 32. In January 2021 at the peak of our daily average death rate (63), our average case count was only about 2500.

They put me in a kid's room since there aren't a lot of kids here, and I barely felt the shot---I bet pediatric nurses are better at giving shots, lol.
You lucked out! LOL! Did you get a lollipop?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ten weeks would only put me to the middle of January. As fast as this is spreading, I think we will peak quickly. That is what they found in South Africa, there was a quick fast rise then an equally quick drop off.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You lucked out! LOL! Did you get a lollipop?
No :bawling:. I should have asked for one!

The numbers for last Tuesday (the last day they posted; someone must have taken a long weekend) were 766 new cases and 11 new deaths. So that seems about the same percentage as before. But I'm not sure Omicron is the dominant strain here yet. I've only heard about one confirmed case. So we might still be dealing with Delta.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got my booster, waiting my 15 minutes now. I got Pfizer again; I was thinking about getting Moderna this time but right now they're arguing about whether the half-dose booster is effective or if the booster should be a whole dose so I just decided to stick with what I know. One study shows that the booster protects against Omicron for at least 10 weeks so hopefully that'll get past the worst of it.
I thought about getting Pfizer this time because they said mixing them added some extra immunity, but I was able to get an earlier appointment at Walgreens and they don't let you mix and match, so Moderna again it was. I was surprised how hard I was hit by that half dose.