Corona Virus Now Spreading

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Their have been 8 more cases of covid showing up here. They closed the dinning room and we have to stay in our rooms. We won't get the booster utill Jan. 5. I guess senior citizons don't matter any more.
My mother is in Assisted Living and she didn't get her booster until last week. I was really surprised by that. I got mine in October. They had an employee test positive the week after Thanksgiving. My mother was a close contact. They called me right away to let me know and to tell me they all tested negative on a rapid test but were going to have a PCR test the next day. What I found ridiculous was that they weren't shutting down visits. They said it was at your own discretion. I certainly didn't visit until they got the all clear. My mother is in Memory Care and the residents in that area do not wear masks. All employees and visitors must wear masks though.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's definitely the managements fault. The Executive Director here was asked to resign two weeks ago and several of the staff here has quit since the new company took over in August. There has been 17 new cases of Covid since Thanksgiving. Now we all have to stay in our rooms and everything has been canceled until we go 2 weeks without a new case. If we got the booster back in September all of this could have probably been avoided.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio reported over 10,000 new infections today. They even cancelled the OSU basketball game against Kentucky because of the number of players on the OSU team that tested positive.

COVID-19 Hospitalizations Up In Ohio, Hitting Younger Groups

Hospitalizations are as high as they have ever been and patients are younger. Ninety-five percent of those hospitalized are not vaccinated. That is probably why the percentage of patients hospitalized that are younger is higher, older people are probably more likely to be vaccinated.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Heard that we now hove our first case of Covid, since September--in my building....

This person had the 2 vaccinations, but not the Booster--Foolish! They had a booster clinic in here a month ago.. and you can easily get them at the pharmacies.
No reason not to get it...

I have never taken my mask off, in public areas.. many people have not been wearing masks...

Now, on the news they are saying that it is better to double mask... wow.. That would mean that with the blue thin masks, that would be 4 layers of protection.. The KN-45 offer 5 layers..

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some KN-95s. They're more breathable than I thought they would be, really quite nice. They have a weird duckbill look but we aren't in it for the fashion, lol.

I'm out shopping and very very few people are wearing masks.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some KN-95s. They're more breathable than I thought they would be, really quite nice. They have a weird duckbill look but we aren't in it for the fashion, lol.
They were giving those mask out here and one of the residents put it on and rode her wheel chair around in a circle quacking like a duck. It was funny but I guess you had to be there.

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
True, not flattering, but on the other hand, they keep their shape and don’t plaster to your nostrils when you breathe in! We use our KN-95s whenever we go to the grocery store and Costco where we’re more likely to see people without masks (despite the governor’s mandate).

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been using KN-95 masks since Delta started. They aren't mandatory in Ohio but most people in the supermarket I go to do wear them and Kroger made them mandatory for employees. Some businesses have made them mandatory. Most salons they are mandatory. The vet clinic started letting people come in, with this latest spike they may go back to owners staying outside. Masks are required and only one person can come in unless it is for a euthanasia.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
If it ever gets cold here, I won't mind the mask so much. I actually got used to it as an alternative to a muffler in cold weather.
My husband said the same thing. When it gets into the 20s, it keeps his face warm when he walks in the morning.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out who the resident is, that has CoVid.
She runs kind of an Uber-like taxi business in here; taking people anywhere, charging only $10.

IMO, I think it was foolish for her not to have the booster shot; yet still be chauffeuring.
I do not know if she also works for Uber or Lyft.

I am sure a lot of people got infected from her.

The Holiday Party was held in here last night!! Foolish

They are holding a CoVid Testing clinic in her, on Tuesday.
About time.

Yet, so many people are walking around maskless! 🤮🤬

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tested postive for Covid this morning. I'm not upset about it, I'm just surprised it took me so long to get it. The past 2 years I've been in 3 hospitals, 2 PT places and almost 20 months in assisted living. I don't know if any body else tested postive today. I pretty sure I'm not only one. We have not gotten the booster yet. Some of the staff have not gotten any vaccines. The servers in the dinning room and the nurses do not wear gloves when handing out food and our pills.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tested postive for Covid this morning. I'm not upset about it, I'm just surprised it took me so long to get it. The past 2 years I've been in 3 hospitals, 2 PT places and almost 20 months in assisted living. I don't know if any body else tested postive today. I pretty sure I'm not only one. We have not gotten the booster yet. Some of the staff have not gotten any vaccines. The servers in the dinning room and the nurses do not wear gloves when handing out food and our pills.
I hope it's a super mild case for you! :alright:

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, gosh. I hope you’re asymptomatic. Please let us know how you’re doing. :hugs:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's a super mild case for you! :alright:
Oh, gosh. I hope you’re asymptomatic. Please let us know how you’re doing. :hugs:
Thanks for your post, Tobermory, Lari and Gem.I must have a mild case of Covid. I'm coughing, sneezing, nausea and I have a sore throat and I'm congested. They are all mild symptoms.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to remind everyone, MASKS DO NOT PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING COVID! Viruses are so small, they can travel through many layers of masks. It really depends on how long you are exposed to the virus, and which variant. Masks help with the transmission of it. That is why people are not wearing masks now, they are tired of them. The new variant is mild, we better hope it takes over as being the one to get. This is most likely the new 'flu' that will appear every year, just like the regular flu. If they kept track of the regular flu, the hospitalizations, and the deaths, as they do with this one, we would be appalled with it too.