Corona Virus Now Spreading

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid question and please do not laugh: But is it harmful to drink an energy drink after being vaccinated. My past history with vaccines, I know I'll be down for 48 hours. However that will do my Mom no good at all if she falls and I'm too weak or tired to get up. So I have made a decision that to keep her from being infected I'll go through with it if I can take an energy drink (not a lot at one time, just enough to function). The shot will HAVE to be in the arm that I suffer frozen shoulder. Reason is I need at least one good working arm and I'm used to pain and swelling the the frozen shoulder side anyway. What's a little bit more. Second, I know I can't do the Pfizer because I'm allergic to one of the ingredients (the one with the long word beginning with A.) The other two I have no idea but I'd rather do the Johnson and Johnson. If I'm going to be down, let's do it all in one trip instead of going through it twice. Also I will not vaccinate at the same time Mom does. Won't do any good if both of us are down as she WILL call the police on anyone coming over to help her. Ugh. Also if I can find a secondary feeder (I think the lady across the street may help). I know it's a long shot and a lot to ask but I'm not getting answers from doctors or nurses around here (why does that not surprise me?).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks. I just didn't want to be down and out if needed because I know of my allergic reactions to a lot of ingredients in these vaccines and due to my history. Can't be down at the same time as Mom though. And I'll still have to move the cat stuff. I have my biofreeze for if my arm hurts as I can't take any kind of pain medication. Even baby aspirin lands me in ER. It's a shame that I was unknowingly a guinea pig for new migraine meds back in the 80s that caused the reactions I have now and to the point I fear for my life a meal put in front of me. But maybe I'll lose weight from the side affects which I know I'll have and I know from past history I'll be near death but oh well. This way people will get off my back about it regardless of what it does to my health. If I expire oh well I expire from the side affects. I'm tried and weary of arguing that I can be rushed to ER.

Last edited:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any side effects from the Pfizer shot, either first or second? I doubt I'll get any, but I'd just like to be prepared.
I did, I got it this past Thursday and yesterday I had a flu-like reaction- low fever, aches, sooo tired until yesterday evening. I just had to lay around, and slept for 10 hours last night. Today I feel fine.
I'm in my 60's and my daughter is in her 20's and had the same reaction.
Pfizer and Moderna both can pack a punch with the second dose.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid question and please do not laugh: But is it harmful to drink an energy drink after being vaccinated. My past history with vaccines, I know I'll be down for 48 hours. However that will do my Mom no good at all if she falls and I'm too weak or tired to get up. So I have made a decision that to keep her from being infected I'll go through with it if I can take an energy drink (not a lot at one time, just enough to function). The shot will HAVE to be in the arm that I suffer frozen shoulder. Reason is I need at least one good working arm and I'm used to pain and swelling the the frozen shoulder side anyway. What's a little bit more. Second, I know I can't do the Pfizer because I'm allergic to one of the ingredients (the one with the long word beginning with A.) The other two I have no idea but I'd rather do the Johnson and Johnson. If I'm going to be down, let's do it all in one trip instead of going through it twice. Also I will not vaccinate at the same time Mom does. Won't do any good if both of us are down as she WILL call the police on anyone coming over to help her. Ugh. Also if I can find a secondary feeder (I think the lady across the street may help). I know it's a long shot and a lot to ask but I'm not getting answers from doctors or nurses around here (why does that not surprise me?).
No it wouldn't be harmful. I had coffee with caffeine, and Gatorade.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any side effects from the Pfizer shot, either first or second? I doubt I'll get any, but I'd just like to be prepared.
I had Pfizer number 1 on Friday around 11;45am. I was tired all day, arm was sore as well. Yesterday my arm was very
sore, couldn't lift it up but I have an entrapped ulnar nerve and other probs in that arm so I think that was part of it.
I's not as sore today, Sunday.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The soreness was the only side effect I had with the first Moderna shot. I will find out if I am lucky with the second shot on Wednesday. I read that having no side effects doesn't mean that the shots didn't work, in fact the majority of people in the trials had no side effects other then the soreness at the injection site. Some people didn't even have the soreness, I think that has to do with different pain tolerances among people. Even though they had no side effects they had the antibodies in their system.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you read about the rashes from the first Moderna? LT posted a link in the positive thread

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you read about the rashes from the first Moderna? LT posted a link in the positive thread
I hadn't heard about that. I would be concerned about a rash with the first shot because that sounds like an allergic reaction. People often have a more serious reaction the second time they are exposed to something. I didn't have a rash, the only thing I had was the sore spot like I have with a flu shot.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read an article that is saying that "they" think the reason some people have strong reactions to the first shot is because they may have previously been infected (knowingly or not). It's like the first shot is really their second due to being already having some antibodies due to being infected. They are also suggesting that this could mean that moving forward, only one shot will be necessary. The studies have shown that the immunity that the body produces after only one shot in those who have been previously infected is very high.
Strong reaction to first COVID-19 vaccine may signal previous infection, experts say

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only had the usual soreness at the injection site so if this true then I was not previously infected. I live at home, work at home the majority of the time and have been very careful when going out only for necessity so it makes sense that I was not previously infected.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had the usual soreness at the injection site so if this true then I was not previously infected. I live at home, work at home the majority of the time and have been very careful when going out only for necessity so it makes sense that I was not previously infected.
I'm curious as to how my vaccination will go as I think I was infected last year before testing was being done. But it's been a year now so I may not have any antibodies in my system anymore if I didn't hold any immunity....I'm also not going to get the vaccine until the end of the summer. I presume anyway, due to my age group and lack of pre-existing conditions, I probably won't qualify for a while.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The U.S. has given some of their AstraZenica vaccine to Canada and Mexico so they may speed things up. They are calling it a 'loan' but I think that term is for domestic consumption. That is the first real sign that the government is comfortable with having enough vaccine to vaccinate everyone in the U.S.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The U.S. has given some of their AstraZenica vaccine to Canada and Mexico so they may speed things up. They are calling it a 'loan' but I think that term is for domestic consumption. That is the first real sign that the government is comfortable with having enough vaccine to vaccinate everyone in the U.S.
And thank you from this Canadian. :thanks:

I'm in the age range that we're administering the AstraZeneca vaccines, so once they arrive, I will hopefully be able to get an appointment to get my first shot.

From what I understand, the AstraZeneca isn't approved for use in the US yet, and they have a supply that might expire before approval is given, so since Canada and Mexico already have approval, the US is loaning us 1.5 million vaccines. and Mexico 2.5 million, and then when we get our large supply in a couple months, we'll give back the 1.5 million we borrowed.

It makes total sense, if they are soon to expire. But also makes sense if we are hoping to open the borders between US/Canada and US/Mexico sooner than later. The US is going great vaccinating people, but Canada is struggling importing vaccines. And until most of us in Canada are vaccinated, I don't see the Canadian government opening our border, or stopping the 14 day quarantine for anyone entering Canada. So the sooner all of us in North America are vaccinated, the better.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vaccines open up to essential workers tomorrow. According to vaccinefinder, the pharmacy in the town closest to my house has the J&J vaccine available. I'm gonna call them on lunch break tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment.