Corona Virus Now Spreading

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My state is supposed to be opening up to everyone soon, but meanwhile, I recently found out about and signed up at hidrb.com. The standby vaccines are still done in a priority order based on your info, but I figured it couldn't hurt to put myself out there on the slim possibility I get called up for one.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
My first Moderna shot gave me a sore arm for days, but that's all. The second shot made me feel tired and weak for a few days. I had no fever and after four days I felt fine. I got them at Walgreen's. I had an appointment, so no waiting.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was beginning to wonder if anyone else here got the Moderna vaccine. I got mine through the Kroger pharmacy.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got the Moderna. My arm was sore afterward but feels fine now. I was also quite tired, but I think that was because I took a Tylenol PM the night after I got it and it just really knocked me out.

I get my second shot April 16. I fully expect to feel poorly afterward so am going to pick up some comfort foods, drop my dog off with my parents, and have a lazy day.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got my first Pfizer almost 2 weeks ago. Had a sore arm for a couple of days but that was expected.
Nothing else...until 7 days later when I had one day where I just could not function. No fever. Didn't experience anything like headaches or stomach problems just extreme fatigue and muscle pains. Did not feel sick put was truly not able to function well enough to work.
Was totally fine the next morning.
I go for the 2nd vaccine next week and hear that one may be the one to pack a punch so at least I'm prepared for it now.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out how to get the Johnson and Johnson. I'm being told I'm trying to take the easy way but I can't leave my Mom alone for long and I know I have reactions to the others. And of course not having a phone makes it more impossible. But since I'm being shamed into taking this vaccine I just want to get it done and over with.

Just took an assessment. "Sorry you are not eligible for any of the vaccines."

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I got on the Walgreens list for Janssen (Johnson and Johnson). Unlike the other pharmacies Walgreens says I am eligible. Although I had to do all of this on the internet and chat because Fed Ex lost my phone. Mom will not find out. If I get a bad reaction I'm good at hiding it from her. She, at her age, should get vaccinated and I don't want her seeing me and getting scared. I'll do it now while I'm brave enough even knowing full well what it will do to me as I'm just one of the few who do have this kind of reaction. But anyway bull by the horns. Janssen and get it done and over with.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an appointment for next Wednesday at the clinic. They had earlier appts but that was the earliest for after-work hours (those probably fill up first). I suppose if I find a pharmacy that has an opening before that I'll cancel the clinic appt. No idea which brand(s) they're offering right now, but I put in the comments that I'd prefer J&J, whether that makes any difference or not we'll see. I won't refuse the other brands though.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, just got an automated call from the clinic saying that I can schedule an appt for the vaccine now. . .I've been checking vaccinefinder and the clinic app every morning so I'm way ahead of them I guess!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had my first jab of covid19 vaccine yesterday, and today my head feels like its going to burst open. I don’t know if its an after effect of the vaccine. My problem is always migraines, but today seems worse. :(

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my shot appt lined up for April Fools Day, hopefully I get the real stuff and not just the microchip! There's been a resurgence of Covid quite badly locally, kids went back to school and not all of them were healthy, both of my nephews have had to get tested and there's nearly 100 people QT'd. School is back to distance learning. I feel like waiting until at least the older kids and all the teachers are vaccinated would have been a safer idea. But everyone wants the sports stuff to go on, with all the kids in close contact, on buses, etc.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my shot appt lined up for April Fools Day, hopefully I get the real stuff and not just the microchip! There's been a resurgence of Covid quite badly locally, kids went back to school and not all of them were healthy, both of my nephews have had to get tested and there's nearly 100 people QT'd. School is back to distance learning. I feel like waiting until at least the older kids and all the teachers are vaccinated would have been a safer idea. But everyone wants the sports stuff to go on, with all the kids in close contact, on buses, etc.
? If they microchip count me out. That signals the entrance of the AntiChrist.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
? If they microchip count me out. That signals the entrance of the AntiChrist.
Just as a silly little aside---I'm not trying to criticize anyone's beliefs or be obnoxious or anything---try to find where it says that in the Bible. It's enlightening :).

Plus of course, microchips can't fit in vaccine needles. If they could, wow, they'd be making a ton of money from pet owners. AND (because I've heard some people say the microchips in question would be able to track people), tracking microchips would be extremely popular with pet owners. Can you imagine, no more lost pets!

Cases here are surging up again. I already said this is no time to get complacent, but human nature is human nature I guess.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
In my country its 8-9k cases a day! I worry for my family back home. I hate to be political, but it seems my government is not doing much for a small country such as ours. My kids and nephews/niece have been literally stuck at home for a year now with no end in sight. Even the dogs cannot get out for a walk. We are most probably the only country in Asia that has the longest lockdown. And the worst part is, until they have all been vaccinated, I cannot fly home for their safety. :(

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is rising everywhere. We tend to be about two weeks behind Europe and they have reinstituted lockdowns in some areas. We are further ahead in vaccinations here then in Europe. Hopefully enough older people and people with serious underlying conditions have been vaccinated to keep the hospitalization rate down. With the two shot vaccines it takes so long to be fully vaccinated. I am 65 and got my second shot of the Moderna vaccine this past Wednesday, I won't be considered fully vaccinated until a week from Wednesday. The whole process takes 6 weeks with Moderna and 5 weeks with Pfizer. People 70 and over started before I did so hopefully the hospitalization rate is lower this time.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think it is rising everywhere.
No not here in Australia. We get a few new cases and go into lockdown, and that hasn't happened in a while.
New Zealand is the same. It helps to be so isolated and to have very restricted overseas visitors.