Corona Virus Now Spreading

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK what it's like in the rest of the country, I live on the New York City border, everyone in town is assigned 2 days a week we can go to our local grocery stores and they only let in 10 people at a time. They've set a limit on essentials per visit we can buy; 5lbs of meat, 4 dairy items, 2 bags of frozen vegetables, 2 cartons of eggs, 2 loaves of bread.
Every time I've driven there the line wraps around the entire strip mall. I don't need anything badly enough to stand on that line even if there was no pandemic.

View attachment 330728
I live in miami, so far we can go to the store whenever we need to. they just limit the amount of people that go in. the lines are long, but they move fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IDK what it's like in the rest of the country, I live on the New York City border, everyone in town is assigned 2 days a week we can go to our local grocery stores and they only let in 10 people at a time. They've set a limit on essentials per visit we can buy; 5lbs of meat, 4 dairy items, 2 bags of frozen vegetables, 2 cartons of eggs, 2 loaves of bread.
Every time I've driven there the line wraps around the entire strip mall. I don't need anything badly enough to stand on that line even if there was no pandemic.

View attachment 330728
I feel your pain! I'm in northern nj as well and have had to ask my boss if I could take toilet paper home (child care provider taking care of children of essential workers). Luckily I was able to get both food and litter for Neko-chan.

Last edited by a moderator:

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain! I'm in northern nj as well and have had to ask my boss if I could take toilet paper home (child care provider taking care of children of essential workers). Luckily I was able to get both food and litter for Neko-chan.
Perfect segway for the next group question,.

1) Where are you? (state is fine)
2) Do stores have toilet paper there?

Our town FB group posted a store restocked toilet paper. It was was gone in an hour and the police had to get involved.
93096532_10159600618444167_5646128951798530048_o.jpg
|

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio won't begin reopening anytime soon. Over 1300 inmates in the state prisons have tested positive. That means all visitors including lawyers and their contacts will have to be checked. All of the people who work there will have to have their contacts checked. I wish we had an accurate antibody test to test the inmates that were negative to see if they have had it. The county with the largest prison has went to the top of the list ahead of Cleveland and Columbus. Columbus has some type of rehab facility that is associated with the prisons and there were a 100 positives there so it went ahead of Cleveland in number of cases. That will be the same thing everyone who works there will have to have their contacts checked, visitors and their contacts will have to be checked.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perfect segway for the next group question,.

1) Where are you? (state is fine)
2) Do stores have toilet paper there?

Our town FB group posted a store restocked toilet paper. It was was gone in an hour and the police had to get involved.
View attachment 330861|
Florida
No idea. I bought a 45 roll pack from Sam's not long before this mess began so I don't need any. There's only 2 of us here.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every Walmart in Sioux Falls has had at least one employee test positive. There are probably a lot more but they aren't doing mass testing like the meat packing plants are.

Walmart Corporate is now requiring every employee to wear a mask at all times while at work. So that's Walmart, Sam's Club, etc. It's probably too late to help but better than nothing.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom is throwing fits that none of the stores have ground sirloin. She refuses to adapt and get ground beef. It has to be ground sirloin or "she'll just die of starvation" (her words not mine). And of course I'm the cause of all the stores worldwide having a shortage of items. It's all my fault. I'm tempted to get a tent and pitch it outside in our backyard.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Illinois, and no idea on toilet paper. My mom normally keeps a surplus and buys on sale, and we still have at least 1 pack of 12 left.

We just picked up a humungous grocery order last night. We order for four people, plus our food supply was getting very low as we tried to wait closer to two weeks before putting in an order. The order was put in last Thursday, but pick-up was not available until Sunday night. Seems like Walmart has been having more online orders, although they are able to adjust how many orders they accept for each day/timeslot. Normally Walmart's pick-up times are not that far out, but I guess they started doing that to accommodate.

I always order extra because some stuff is normally out. So many treats were ordered, including ice cream, chocolate, chips, cookie dough... When the order was ready, many of the healthy items, like fresh fruit and veggies, were out (although we still did get a good amount), but none of my snacks were out of stock! 🤣 So now I'm going to have a lot of snacks!

Also, someone mentioned to me some places are pulling people over once they cross over state boundaries to ensure their travel is essential, has anyone else heard this and know where? I am hoping to clean out my rental by school in May and will be driving half way across the US to get there and back... I'm hoping receipts or something showing proof of renting would be enough to allow me to travel no hassel.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had heard that some states were pulling over cars with plates from states that had areas with large numbers of cases mostly New York. I don't know that they can legally do anything. I know that they were asking people from those areas to self quarantine for 14 days. I would try to get information from some place like the highway patrol.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how many of you have had celebration parades since the lock down. So far we've had 2 birthday parades on my street. Well for sure one "birthday" parade, as the leading truck had a huge "Happy Birthday" sign attached to it's antennae, and the other vehicles had balloons, the other parade could have been anything because it was just a bunch of balloons and honking horns and I couldn't specifically hear anyone yelling happy birthday.
My birthday is coming up next month, and I really hope my family doesn't give me a parade. I would appreciate the gesture but I don't like the attention. :running:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The towns around here keep having First Responder parades, a "dance-off" (everybody went out in their front yard and danced while the firefighters and first responders drove around), a "cruisin' Main" event (you'd have to be from a small town to know what that means!), birthday fire truck visits, "Honks=Hugs", etc.

It's nice, they should keep that kind of thing up even after this all settles down.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So how many of you have had celebration parades since the lock down.
My family drove around my moms' house with balloons and signs while honking last week on her birthday, she was pretty tickled but I haven't heard or seen any others yet. We normally get together for cake and haven't seen her or my stepdad up close for about six months now, they go south for the winter and came back once this outbreak started.