Cool Markings

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great half stach on her. And she had very interesting coloring, with the cream and black.
Yeah, she was a smoke! The base of her coat was pure white. I’ve seen a couple smoke torties but I have yet to see another shorthaired calico smoke like her. I hope someday I can get another one though because (I’m biased :)) it’s easily my favorite coat color. She was such a pretty girl and velvety soft. The cream was almost a peachy color.
DEA51FEB-6B0D-4806-8197-B98C4B5FD378.jpeg

When her coat was ruffled or in motion:
37C7C426-4C6A-44D5-8843-6F1EB0AF0903.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, she was a smoke! The base of her coat was pure white. I’ve seen a couple smoke torties but I have yet to see another shorthaired calico smoke like her. I hope someday I can get another one though because (I’m biased :)) it’s easily my favorite coat color. She was such a pretty girl and velvety soft. The cream was almost a peachy color.
View attachment 268142

View attachment 268143
Yes, some refer to her coloration as being dilute calico because the black and orange are not "full strength". What a beauty!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 268142

View attachment 268143
Whoa, Clove looks just like her, and will more so when she matures. Not that it will make you miss Chai any less but make you think of her and smile every time you see Clove.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, some refer to her coloration as being dilute calico because the black and orange are not "full strength". What a beauty!
Oh, do you think dilute in addition to the smoke? I’m not sure. I think the above photos make her look a little more dilute than she did IRL. The orange appeared mellowed/cream like a dilute, since only very the tips of the hair were colored, but her black was still very dark black without any bluish tone. You can especially tell on her head. Some of the orange on her sides and hips was quite dark and nearly full-color as well. And then in some places (like her tail) the black and white hair sort of mottled together for another interesting effect. She was an interesting little watercolor of a kitty. :)
A20C2645-CD19-42CB-8CF1-BDE97F547AB9.jpeg
975D459A-6B0C-4B27-9DF3-85F26580A15E.jpeg
097D07D8-C57C-403E-9C2B-B3C8BC8B5BEF.jpeg

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whoa, Clove looks just like her, and will more so when she matures. Not that it will make you miss Chai any less but make you think of her and smile every time you see Clove.
Yes, when I saw how much she resembled Chai I had to have her! Clove is definitely her own distinct personality, but I like to think Chai sent a little piece of her youthful spirit along with this crazy kitten so she could live again with us. :hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, do you think dilute in addition to the smoke? I’m not sure. I think the above photos make her look a little more dilute than she did IRL. The orange appeared mellowed/cream like a dilute, since only very the tips of the hair were colored, but her black was still very dark black without any bluish tone. You can especially tell on her head. Some of the orange on her sides and hips was quite dark and nearly full-color as well. And then in some places (like her tail) the black and white hair sort of mottled together for another interesting effect. She was an interesting little watercolor of a kitty. :)
View attachment 268240 View attachment 268241 View attachment 268242
Well, I don't know the "official" terminology but usually when a cat has buff instead of orange/red, and grey instead of black, in addition to white, that cat is generally referred to as a dilute calico. I see cats whose undercoat is white but whose appearance is smokey referred to as "smoke", but again, I'm not an authority on what "experts" would call these cats. Whatever the case, Chai was a beauty, and so is Clove (and Chilli, as well!):winkcat:

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Juniper heard y'all discussing dilute torties and wanted to share....

She has 'eyeliner' in tan around her green eyes. It's hard to capture in photos, but you can kind of see it here. She also has beautiful but subtle dapples down her back, a tan chin spot, and a little collar above her breastbone.

I don't have a good photo of her tail, but its tip is auburn.

Her markings really pop in natural sunlight.

20180817_105927.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Juniper heard y'all discussing dilute torties and wanted to share....

She has 'eyeliner' in tan around her green eyes. It's hard to capture in photos, but you can kind of see it here. She also has beautiful but subtle dapples down her back, a tan chin spot, and a little collar above her breastbone.

I don't have a good photo of her tail, but its tip is auburn.

Her markings really pop in natural sunlight.

View attachment 276919
Juniper is a lithe and lovely little beauty!!! :goldstar: