Contractions or braxton hicks???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bet taht kitten will fight for which nipple he wants, I remember wincing at all the clawing and pushing that went on!
He is actually! Some squabbling going on early this morning.
They’re favouring the top nipples which I found odd? Aren’t the bottom ones the heavier milk ones? They’re all right under her armpits lol

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help 😭 I treated mum 3 weeks ago with frontline as I found flea dirt and a couple fleas.
haven’t seen any since. Today I’ve found a couple fleas on the kittens.. I must have a slight infestation in the house! 😓 what do I do! I’m in the uk so I can’t get dawn dish soap! Vet said there’s nothing I can use other than frontline spray at 2 days old. No where supplies it so I’ve had to order but it’s going to take 2-3 days!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do NOT put Frontline spray on the kittens. You must not bathe them either. They are several weeks TOO YOUNG for either!

You need to buy a flea comb and comb the fleas off the kittens. Do not put the spray on mom either because it will be toxic to the kittens. Do not bathe mom right now.

You can put a tube of Advantage II or similar product on the back of mom’s neck between her shoulder blades only. Otherwise, flea comb mom.

Wash all bedding in hot water to kill eggs and larvae. This is all you can do besides vacuum the flooring right now with these tiny babies. They must be about 6 weeks old to get a kitten dose of flea meds on their necks.
@BellaMerlin

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do NOT put Frontline spray on the kittens. You must not bathe them either. They are several weeks TOO YOUNG for either!

You need to buy a flea comb and comb the fleas off the kittens. Do not put the spray on mom either because it will be toxic to the kittens. Do not bathe mom right now.

You can put a tube of Advantage II or similar product on the back of mom’s neck between her shoulder blades only. Otherwise, flea comb mom.

Wash all bedding in hot water to kill eggs and larvae. This is all you can do besides vacuum the flooring right now with these tiny babies. They must be about 6 weeks old to get a kitten dose of flea meds on their necks.
@BellaMerlin
The spray, the frontline is suitable from 2 days old? I’m UK I don’t know if that makes a difference to you? X

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

@BellaMerlin

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, it makes no difference. The ingredients that paralyze fleas can be toxic to kittens this young. I’m shocked that it says it can be used on kittens this young. Here in the U.S. it says kittens 1.5 pounds and above. Kittens attain that weight at 6 weeks. Please don’t take chances.

Jessbubz1802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay.. that was the vets advice too.. he even sourced some for me 😩