Constipated/cat Doesn't Poop Often?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I make sure to brush him a lot as he was shedding a lot when he was stressed out with the medication. I'll talk to the vet about natural and herbal medicines too as he does really well on those types.
Good on ya! Once he stabilizes after the aftereffects of the antibiotics, his own healthy systems should maintain him without the need for supplements. In this society, people are brainwashed into believing that anything short of perfection means everyone has to be "taking something" all the time. This is rubbish! and actually makes things worse. We have a nation of sick addicts and it seems a lot of people want to transfer this onto their cats, most of whom do not need anything besides healthy food, fresh water, a safe place, play, and lots of love! *PRAYERS* for him!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope! He s been off of it for about almost three weeks I think?
That's good!
I can't do Pepcid stuff. It tears my stomach into shreds, I don't know why, and it doesn't go away quickly either. Hopefully his stomach is still just trying to get back to where it was before this whole thing started.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I make sure to brush him a lot as he was shedding a lot when he was stressed out with the medication. I'll talk to the vet about natural and herbal medicines too as he does really well on those types.
It may be something as simple as adding a fish oil or some other type of "oil" supplement to make things move a little easier. This won't harm him, good quality oils with Omega 3's can really help with inflammation (I've no doubt his entire system is experiencing some kind of inflammation) and make shedding a little more manageable (good for him if he's hair-balling everywhere)!