Cone Free!

Bendz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted a thread earlier about losing an eye because I really thought my little Sasha would have to lose one. When she was about two months old, she came down with a terrible case of FHV (feline herpes). Her left eye rapidly got worse. Overnight, it had swollen to the point where her eye was almost completely covered.

By then, we had medicine, but her swelling kept getting worse. We took her to a vet who said point blank she'd have to lose an eye which prompted me to make the thread (and my first post here). He said her cornea ruptured and that he'd need to perform surgery, but I sought out a second opinion who referred me to an EXCELLENT (and new) ophthalmology clinic in North Carolina.

Turns out, she didn't have to lose an eye, and her baby blue is practically back to normal!

So glad to have asked for a second opinion! Sasha was never in any pain and never behaved any differently, so when the original vet told me what he thought was happening, it just didn't sound right. Sometimes, the first opinion is the best but not this time. Had Sasha been in pain, I would've gone for it, but she was a trooper and bought us both time.....AND I'M SO GLAD!!!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We are so happy to hear this!
IMG_3252.GIF
IMG_3321.GIF

Thank goodness that you seeked a second opinion that saved Sasha's eye.

She's so pretty! :lovecat::lovecat4:

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww I'm so glad to hear :) She's gorgeous and such great news!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is excellent news and I'm sure you are relieved she did not have to sacrifice an eye. :clap: I'm so happy for Sasha and you! :hugs: