Complete the following sentence: I know I'm a cat parent because......

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am teaching my daughter's.......don't date anyone allergic to cats!

I know I'm a cat parent because whenever my friends see a kitty, they say "Cute cat!"; whenever I see a kitty (very much including my own!), my heart literally melts and I want to hug every single one of them and shower them with kisses (except they probably wouldn't let me) 
 And when people ask me if I'm "embarrassed" by that, I don't understand what they're saying.

trevandbur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the first thing I say when I come up the stairs is "Trevor! Bur-bur! Mama's home!"....even though Burlington is deaf and can't hear me anyway!

My interest for a guy I was talking to the other day quickly went away when he mentioned being deathly allergic to cats. 

One of the first things I ask a guy is if he likes cats, because I can't date anyone who can't accept my kitties as a package deal with me.

I instinctively don't move much in my sleep because I don't want to hurt or disturb the cat by my head (Trevor) and the cat by my legs (Burlington).

I felt bad about having to go to work today because Burlington was sleeping in my lap, and I had no choice but to wake him up so I could go. But somebody has to buy the cat food, and I don't see either of them looking for a job...LOL

If someone could hear what is said in my apartment, they'd be sure I was talking to people who never answer me LOL

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I felt bad about having to go to work today because Burlington was sleeping in my lap, and I had no choice but to wake him up so I could go. But somebody has to buy the cat food, and I don't see either of them looking for a job...LOL

If someone could hear what is said in my apartment, they'd be sure I was talking to people who never answer me LOL
These last two are hilarious 

trevandbur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well when I found out I had to pay extra rent to have cats, I told Trevor he needed to get a paper route or something, but he refuses! LMAO

I also refer to them as "my boys" and everyone who knows me knows I am talking about my kitties. Other people are just surprised when they find out that I only have one human child, and she's a girl. :p

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well when I found out I had to pay extra rent to have cats, I told Trevor he needed to get a paper route or something, but he refuses! LMAO
We keep telling Abby that she needs to earn her keep. :lol3:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  I'm thinking maybe Mouse should get a job, but I'm not sure what he could do.  Does anyone know if there is an international law against us putting our kitties to work like there is for children? 

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I'm thinking maybe Mouse should get a job, but I'm not sure what he could do.  Does anyone know if there is an international law against us putting our kitties to work like there is for children? 
 No matter how much I'd try to send in some job applications for Miki, she refuses to go to all of the interviews... just gives me this blank stare, and then when I walk away she does her little evil laugh 
 (At least that's what I'd pictured!)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

No matter how much I'd try to send in some job applications for Miki, she refuses to go to all of the interviews... just gives me this blank stare, and then when I walk away she does her little evil laugh 
 (At least that's what I'd pictured!)
Can you post a video clip of her laugh? 

Just been thinking, maybe as Mouse managed to bring me a gift of a still warm but very dead rodent mouse the other night perhaps I could rent him out as a mouse catcher.....   not that he'd earn much coz I think his prize must have died from exhaustion or heart attack  (no sign of any puncture wounds, or any other trauma for that matter)....

I now know I'm a cat parent because I didn't scream and leap out of bed when I turned over in response to Mouse scraping and scratching beside my pillow in the middle of the night, and yes I did stupidly reach over to touch that small brown mouse shaped thing to find that that was exactly what it was, and it was still warm  
 - I said well done and smothered my boy in kisses and cuddles, congratulating him enthusiastically on being a fully fledged mouser! 

armina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I now know I'm a cat parent because I didn't scream and leap out of bed when I turned over in response to Mouse scraping and scratching beside my pillow in the middle of the night, and yes I did stupidly reach over to touch that small brown mouse shaped thing to find that that was exactly what it was, and it was still warm  
 - I said well done and smothered my boy in kisses and cuddles, congratulating him enthusiastically on being a fully fledged mouser! 
Wow- was it alive?! 
 Emilia loves dropping off little "gifts" at the foot of my bed- when I congratulate her she refuses to be petted, wears her smug look and simply walks out of the room.

I know I'm a cat parent because when I was a kid, I dearly loved dogs and wanted one when I grew up- when I ended up going to my local shelter to adopt a dog I ended up adopting my fuzzball instead, and I sacrificed my wish to get a dog because Emilia is terrified of them. When I receive invitations to parties, sometimes I say "I have to send my kid somewhere."- then they always think I have a real kid who goes to school and they start asking me his/her age, etc. and I end up saying "My kid is a cat- but a kid nevertheless 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I know I'm a cat parent because when I was a kid, I dearly loved dogs and wanted one when I grew up- when I ended up going to my local shelter to adopt a dog I ended up adopting my fuzzball instead,...........

Maybe one day she will mellow and you will find a little puppy she can fall in love with.

Oh, no worries, my little gift was quite dead - otherwise there's no way I would have carrie off the calm congratuations! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Can you post a video clip of her laugh? 

Just been thinking, maybe as Mouse managed to bring me a gift of a still warm but very dead rodent mouse the other night perhaps I could rent him out as a mouse catcher.....   not that he'd earn much coz I think his prize must have died from exhaustion or heart attack  (no sign of any puncture wounds, or any other trauma for that matter)....

You are a better Meowmie than I! 

One winter's night, many years ago, when Hydrox, The Old Coot, was an only child, he brought a mouse to bed. A live mouse. We were in bed and Hydrox jumped in and came up between Rick and me. I didn't think anything of it and patted the area around my stomach for him to lie down. He was just a-purring away, such a happy kitty. And then.....the mouse squeaked.

Graham said he heard me screaming and ran over to the bedroom to see me leap on top of the bureau....backward. Lest you forget, I'm the one who found a dead mouse in Graham's jeans when he was about 7 or so. I hate mice, dead or otherwise. But I will say that it was rather funny (now) to see dear Richard trying in vain to squish said mouse with a work boot. While in his underwear. That boot was hitting the bed everywhere, right behind the poor mouse, who was probably scared to death as it was.

Hydrox finally caught the mouse again. Rick picked up the cat and carried him out of the bedroom, through the hallway, into the living room and out to the kitchen; Hydrox was not giving up his snack and he held onto his mouse for dear life the whole time. I opened the kitchen door, Rick held the cat outside and the cold was enough to make Hydrox gasp. He gasped, dropped the mouse, and the mouse scurried off into the night. Rick brought Hydrox back into the house, I changed the bedsheets and we went back to bed.

But it was a long time before I went back to sleep.

Want another Hydrox-mouse story? One morning I came home from third shift. I was really tired and flopped down on the couch for a quick nap before heading off to bed. I was lying there and I saw this....thing....on the rug in front of the couch. Well, that thing was the hind end and entrails of a dead mouse. Evidently his breakfast wasn't enough for Hydrox that morning, a mouse came up from the basement and he figured "snack!". I very calmly went out to the kitchen, got two paper towels, placed said paper towels over the mouse's butt, grabbed the cat, and went back to the bedroom to sleep. And locked the bedroom door.

Rick came home from work, came into the house, and cleaned up the mouse. (What, you think I'm gonna touch that thing?
) He came back to the bedroom and the door was locked. He knocked on the door and I woke up and opened it. He looked at me and said, "It's dead! It's not coming back here! Why did you lock the door?" I had no answer, other than "I don't like mice!"

Ok, the reason I know I'm a cat parent is because, this morning, I was sorting clothes for laundry tonight. I purposely put dirty sweatshirts and pants in the clothes basket and put the clothes basket in the hallway. Why? Because I know that Muffin dearly loves to sleep in dirty laundry in the clothes basket and I figured that the sweat pants and shirts would be the most comfortable for her. And when I left for work, she was sound asleep in the clothes basket with a sweat shirt covering her. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm a cat parent when I've got a million things to do, but when I look down at my lap and see that sweet little sleeping face with his paw stretched out towards my face, hearing the soft rumble of his purr, I sit a little longer telling him what a sweet boy he is.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

You are a better Meowmie than I! 

One winter's night, many years ago, when Hydrox, The Old Coot, was an only child, he brought a mouse to bed. A live mouse. ......

Graham said he heard me screaming and ran over to the bedroom to see me leap on top of the bureau....backward. .... But I will say that it was rather funny (now) to see dear Richard trying in vain to squish said mouse with a work boot. While in his underwear. That boot was hitting the bed everywhere, right behind the poor mouse, who was probably scared to death as it was.

Hydrox finally caught the mouse again. Rick picked up the cat and carried him out of the bedroom, through the hallway, into the living room and out to the kitchen; Hydrox was not giving up his snack and he held onto his mouse for dear life the whole time. I opened the kitchen door, Rick held the cat outside and the cold was enough to make Hydrox gasp. He gasped, dropped the mouse, and the mouse scurried off into the night. Rick brought Hydrox back into the house, I changed the bedsheets and we went back to bed.

But it was a long time before I went back to sleep.

Brilliant! 
  Such a great vision of you guys with the cat with the mouse!   I still can't believe I just carried on sleeping while Mouse was chasing this little rodent around my bed covers 
 ,  and your description makes me think even more that the death was far more likely to be shock or exhaustion, my poor little Mouse... 

...........Evidently his breakfast wasn't enough for Hydrox that morning, a mouse came up from the basement and he figured "snack!". I very calmly went out to the kitchen, got two paper towels, placed said paper towels over the mouse's butt, grabbed the cat, and went back to the bedroom to sleep. And locked the bedroom door.

Rick came home from work, came into the house, and cleaned up the mouse. (What, you think I'm gonna touch that thing?
) He came back to the bedroom and the door was locked. He knocked on the door and I woke up and opened it. He looked at me and said, "It's dead! It's not coming back here! Why did you lock the door?" I had no answer, other than "I don't like mice!"

and the locked door was going to keep a mouse out how? 
  Do you have really huge mice?

Ok, the reason I know I'm a cat parent is because, this morning, I was sorting clothes for laundry tonight. I purposely put dirty sweatshirts and pants in the clothes basket and put the clothes basket in the hallway. Why? Because I know that Muffin dearly loves to sleep in dirty laundry in the clothes basket and I figured that the sweat pants and shirts would be the most comfortable for her. And when I left for work, she was sound asleep in the clothes basket with a sweat shirt covering her. 

What a sweet moma you are!  Good that it's not the clean ironing Muffin likes though. :-D                       
Comments in red above.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know I'm a cat parent because.................................................
- This is the first website I come to when I go on the internet, even before email, weather & news!

- I became "Mommy" the minute I knew Ruby was going to be mine

- I have overcome my "gross" phobia and now can clean up cat vomit and litter boxes

- I went in to work late because I had to take Ruby to the vet

- I have a picture of Ruby on my desk at work

And lastly:

- When confessing I sometimes block out Ruby's constant meowing for food when I'm in the kitchen cooking, a co-worker said "you're becoming a Mom"

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...I have a picture of my Zoey on my desk at work, and I always can't wait to get home to see her :)