Complete the following sentence: I know I'm a cat parent because......

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and TGIF! 

This morning, my co-worker called me as I was on my way out the door to come into work. When I said "Hello," he said two words: "Charlie pooped!" He was so happy that he just had to tell somebody that the boy pooped....so he called me. And we woohoo-ed and cheered as Charlie, his cat, has been having some blocking problems and spent the weekend at the ER vet. He finally came home on Monday night, but Bob was keeping a close eye on the litter boxes and didn't see much in the way of bowel movements, so he was getting worried again. Anyway, after our cheering, I asked Bob what the poop looked like....and yes, I wanted to know. So we talked about that, too. And I thought, good grief, I know I'm a cat mom when I spend time on the phone talking about what the cat poop looked like! 

So for our Question today, complete the following sentence:

I know I'm a cat parent because.................................................

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
....I felt an intense sense of loss and couldn't stop from crying when we thought Cocoa had gotten out of the house; both times she went missing for many hours (one I wasn't home for most of it and I think she just kept moving while my BF was searching her out - the 2nd time she got up into the attic).  

Honestly, I never realized just how much love one could have for a pet until those moments.  I didn't have them growing up - my parents were NOT animal people at all.  I had no idea I'd react that deeply.  Of course, there's a ton more but that's the one that popped out at me first.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone calls me the crazy cat lady IRL. I just laugh, it doesn't bother me. It's been a positive thing, actually. Many of my friends have researched nutrition and now feed their cats and dogs better foods by learning to read labels. Some are transitioning to raw and home-cooked as well (I've stressed that it must be balanced). They're all so excited to report to me about how much better they're pets are doing, so I rock on as the crazy cat lady!

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get as offended when someone calls one of my cats stupid as I would if someone called my kids stupid. Yep, I come UNGLUED RIGHT NOW!!! lol.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because I worry like mad when one of them gets out of my sight outside and I scold them just like a kid. Then they roll over and I'm lost!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get as offended when someone calls one of my cats stupid as I would if someone called my kids stupid. Yep, I come UNGLUED RIGHT NOW!!! lol.
You know, when someone says "They're just a cat!" or" why do you treat that cat like a kid" I get the same way as you. I really believe that if a human is mean to an animal or even just doesn't like them I don't like THAT person either, there's just something missing. I honestly had a person that I work with that said " an only good cat is a dead one"
I couldn't believe it! The only thing I could think of saying is "you know, I don't particularly care for dogs but I would NEVER wish one dead!" And I lied with that because I do like dogs and owned many!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am a cat meowmy because...

1. I throw them birthday parties (yes, I invite people over with balloons and cake.. and they bring the cats gifts!)

2. I can't sleep at night if they're not in bed with me

3. I get offended when my sister refuses to try my food because she feels there's cat hair in it (what, fur adds flavor!)

4. I don't mind cleaning up their barfs/hairballs when I throw up changing a baby's diaper.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
because I will take off from work in a heart beat if Ritz is sick. But if I am sick, I'll come in to work.
because I am berefit if Ritz doesn't sleep with me at night.
because I cut a vacation short because I missed Ritz so much

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Because I've found myself giving advice (not unsolicited!) in the pet aisle at the grocery store!  
:lol3::lol3::lol3: I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I know I'm a cat parent because................................................. >95% of the pictures on my camera/phone are of cats.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my avatars  -  here, on Facebook, and my email accounts  -  are pictures of my cats.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a cat lover. When I was a child I was terrified of cats and dogs so my parents introduced them into the house. I've obviously got over my fear as over the last 20 odd years I've had 7. First one soon joined by two and soon after the third. The first one crossed the bridge just over the age of two. The second age 15 and the last one last May aged 18-1/2
years. I had two babies from the shelter who were glorious but came to me with FIP. I only had them a month. But they had the best month of their lives. After lotto died I became very ill and shortly after I was better I started to vomit blood. Of to hospital in an ambulance. 2nd time in nearly 70 years. When I came out after a week with my hemoglobin at 7-1/2 I was very weak so I wouldn't have been able to care for them but now I have s nearly year old abandoned siamese and a nearly 5 month black and white street cat. They love each other and I love them and I'm their mummy and they are my children

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LvMyParker,

I don't know what I would do without Bella cause she was our first kitty. She will be 4 next month. I treat her like a child.And I try to give her everything I can. She is one special spoiled cat.  

Then we have Thunder.which is hard to love cause she doesn't want anyone to hold her but believe me I love her too.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You know, when someone says "They're just a cat!" or" why do you treat that cat like a kid" I get the same way as you. I really believe that if a human is mean to an animal or even just doesn't like them I don't like THAT person either, there's just something missing. I honestly had a person that I work with that said " an only good cat is a dead one"
I couldn't believe it! The only thing I could think of saying is "you know, I don't particularly care for dogs but I would NEVER wish one dead!" And I lied with that because I do like dogs and owned many!
Yes, me too!

My roommate knows better than to do this, but his girlfriend is an obnoxious person who likes to insult Jed whenever she can. Once I said to her, "Maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror first before you call Jed names." She was not happy, and I didn't care. She was in MY house. COME AT ME, BRO. 

I don't like her for precisely that reason. Another friend who visited asked about the "gunk" in his bowl (raw food). "That doesn't look like cat food." I explained to him what it was, and he was surprised - "All that just for a cat?" I was offended, but I politely said that the cat is family.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I just spent a week bottle-feeding and wiping a kitten's rear end (in order to stimulate her to pee and poop).

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

...I couldn't imagine my life without a kitty in it.
Me too. 

I just spent a week bottle-feeding and wiping a kitten's rear end (in order to stimulate her to pee and poop).
Now that's a cat mamma! 
 I'd do that but I've never had the oportunity.   I must be a cat mamma coz it makes me feel like I'm missing out, and I get so excited when I see and hear about tiny kittens as they develop day by day..... 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
  • I think the way Nilah puts her bottom in my face is endearingly cute
  • I have deep and meaningful conversations with the two of them about  being kind to each other (one-sided, although they do look at me intently)
  • When I leave 'cat instructions' for house-sitters they're about the same length as War and Peace
  • I'll sit for ages with a full bladder because Nilah has just made herself comfortable on my lap
  • when cat loving friends come around we spend ages talking about what our cats have been up to... and how gorgeous they are.

Last edited: