Complete the following sentence: I know I'm a cat parent because......

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As the kitties have gotten older and one has chronic issues I have the vet's number in my cell phone and the emergency vet clinic's number on a piece of paper on the refrigerator.  Kind of like when the kids were little especially my first one.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm a cat parent because at the moment I am boiling hot but I have both whisky and blighty on my lap covered by a fleece. Soooo hot.

wilsonsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I get up in the morning before my alarm because Wilson's hungry.  I talk to him about everything I'm doing, and listen and answer when he's talking.  He's a talker.  :-)

I know his meow's one from another, just like I knew my kids' cries one from another - his upset meow, his hungry meow, his attention meow, etc.

I miss him and talk about him all the time when I'm away from him and would rather be home with him than going out and doing many other things. 

I have/post so many pictures of him, a friend gave me a huge collage frame just for pictures of Wilson for Christmas!

Mostly I know I'm a cat mom because my human children actually get jealous over the love and attention I show Wilson, just like they used to do with each other!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I get up in the morning before my alarm because Wilson's hungry.  I talk to him about everything I'm doing, and listen and answer when he's talking.  He's a talker.  :-)

I know his meow's one from another, just like I knew my kids' cries one from another - his upset meow, his hungry meow, his attention meow, etc.

I miss him and talk about him all the time when I'm away from him and would rather be home with him than going out and doing many other things. 

I have/post so many pictures of him, a friend gave me a huge collage frame just for pictures of Wilson for Christmas!

Mostly I know I'm a cat mom because my human children actually get jealous over the love and attention I show Wilson, just like they used to do with each other!
That's a cat mom, welcome to our world. :-D

@wilsonsmom, your post just reminded me - I should fess up to having a 'baby album'. 
  I used this really lovely photo album a friend gave me from India, it looks like it could be for a wedding or something.  I filled it with photos starting with Mouse's mom and dad, then from the week to week pictures sent to me until I met him, to my visit photos, and then constantly from when I adopted him to when he was 6 months old!  I used to make other people look at it when they came round to my apartment (no wonder I don't get many visitors)!  

manu2honey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
...because I made an Instagram page just for my babies! [emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator:

schbunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I talk to them like they're my kids, and they all meow back and talk to me. I also call them my babies and give them kisses, and I freak out if I can't find all of them to make sure they're safe before I go to work.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The same as Schbunny and I more or less let them do what they like which is why they ignore me when I talk to them.

catlover1991

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know im a cat parent because I have tons of empty boxes all over my house.. atleast one in every room. Haha. Pikachu falls in love with each and every box he comes in contact with 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know im a cat parent because I have tons of empty boxes all over my house.. atleast one in every room. Haha. Pikachu falls in love with each and every box he comes in contact with 
Pictures clap clap clap pictures clap clap clap and again.
:clap:

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know I'm a cat parent because......

It's more like I know I'm Maia's mom because I raised her from a tiny tot, she is my baby! I spoil her beyond! She loves me unconditionally!

Ya know your a cat parent because......

Cleaning up kitty puke is no big deal

A stray kitty pooplet (a bottom clinger) isn't shocking to find

You feed them before yourself

No matter how uncomfortable you are you don't move if kitties are curled up on top of you

I'm sure people can add so much more

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know I'm a cat parent because......

It's more like I know I'm Maia's mom because I raised her from a tiny tot, she is my baby! I spoil her beyond! She loves me unconditionally!
    Ya know your a cat parent because......
      Cleaning up kitty puke is no big deal
      A stray kitty pooplet (a bottom clinger) isn't shocking to find
      You feed them before yourself
      No matter how uncomfortable you are you don't move if kitties are curled up on top of you

I'm sure people can add so much more:catguy:
That's just what I'm doing now. I need to go somewhere desperately but I can't. Whisky's fast asleep on my lap.

pezkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great thread!  My husband & I call that 'having a stuck', as in, "I need to pee/get up/go to bed/etc., but I have a stuck."

... I know all the vet employees by name.

Everything else I can think of has already been posted!

chenxiaoshuai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I remember the vet's number and burden him with questions three times a week.