Complete the following sentence: I know I'm a cat parent because......

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's official. I am a cat lady. I know this because it's my birthday and most of my cards have cats on them and my gifts have all had a cat theme!!.
Happy birthday! Now all you need is another real cat!

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh just go lay next to him he will adjust and probably cuddle on one one of your sleeping curves!

So.... because....
1. I cancelled trips and was almost going to quit a job to stay home with mt recovering cat.
2. I am now out of thr country for the first time since I rescued my 3 orphaned fosters, I call my mom many times a day make sure they are eating drinking playing sleeping, getting a cleaned up litter box and having cuddle time, and constantly checking weather temp. To alert my mom if the heater is needed.
3. My orphans live on our balcony because our old cat attacks them viciously and because family members don't welcome them inside. So at night I take them all to my rokm, close the door and play and sleep.

4. I watch them sleep and wonder what they are dreaming about

5. When they were newborns I used to hold them and walk with them in my arms uunti they sleep....for some reason it used to worj and they liked it..

6. My fTher doesn't call them cats... he says " your babies"

Ah....my list is long I guess....
BUT I do not perceive them as babies but rather baby family members....

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!
I understand about holidays. We would come home from our annual summer holiday to visit Ruben and we would get the cat sitters to face time us ( like Skype) so we could see him and he could see us. We will do the same with the kittens. We will have to come home to give them a birthday party!! My big worry is that we are going away in April - with our cat sitters! I am already trying to decide who I can trust.

chloeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I  love this site because I dont feel ridiculous sharing with like minded people,my love for my kitties.

i know I'm a cat parent because,

I talk to them like my children

Im content to spend all my time ,taking care of their needs and playing with them.

I went on a holiday for the 1st time in 3 years and cut my holiday short because I missed them terribly.

Left a long crazy list for my 'catsitter' friend.

called him twice everyday to find out if everything was okay.

Would not think twice about spending  any amount of money on them for anything that would enhance and make their lives happy.

And lastly but sadly,no human,other than my son.gives me this overwhelming sense of love that i feel for  my kitties.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week is the first week that I've come home from school between classes. I have a 30-minute commute, so I normally don't want to blow the hour on the road, so I spend it in the library or wherever. But this week I come home so I can play with Oliver. 

I'm also really looking forward to Thanksgiving with my sister (who lives about an hour and a half away), but I'm dreading leaving Oliver for the day. :( I wish I could take him with me!

lunariris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 I answer them when they meow at me and sometimes "chirp" back in acknowledgement. Yes I'm crazy lol, like a cat whisperer. They all come running when I get home and they hear my voice (I live with multiple people, but they know when mom is home) and all come when I call their name. I understand the native tribal language of 'blinks of trust' and when I pick each of them up, they lean in for me to kiss their foreheads, then they give me a lick on my forehead, like our initial group greeting. They all come over to get kisses and if I'm not quick enough they give me sad puppy-dog eyes and mew because they think I forgot them. We also have a secret acknowledgement when another human is being 'dumb', the cats actually understand this and will look at me and half-close their eyes then look back at the other person and put an ear back in disbelief, and I nod back. It's like a secret laugh. We give each other 'the look', and I think I communicate better with them than most people. Whenever I decide to lie down, we have a group of cats decide to pile up just to be part of the moment lol. They have their own room, and their own photo album, because, well, they're my kids, and they're the coolest. Whenever I lose a cat it's like losing a part of my soul, a kid. They're each unique, irreplaceable, family, and that's not meant to be a metaphor, it's literal. My favorite art always includes cats and I think I've read more books on cats than our vets have, including some that they must have read, just because I wanted to know about them. I find myself thinking about cats more than any other topic on this planet, and it's well worth it. Funniest part is, I'm allergic. =^-^=

Last edited:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Then why didn't you gently move him over? He probably wouldn't have woken up and if he had he would have made a few turns and gone back to sleep.
Nah, not my Jed. He wakes up at the slightest sound of Daddy moving, like "omg are you doing something fun now?"

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not a cat groomer and yet I have two grooming coats, one hanging at each end of the house! (these things are life savers for handling
kitties when I'm going to work or someplace and wearing clothes I don't want covered in cat hair!)

sandra86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know I'm a cat parent because when I come home I always pick my cat children one by one and greet them, then eventually I say HI to my boyfriend.

ayeshajae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At night my kitties have taken to sleeping on my pillows. I have surrendered both of my pillows to the kitties :3

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I am a cat parent because:

I cant change a baby diaper but have spent an hour cleaning diarrhea off my long haired boys behind.

fyreflair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Because when lose one it's like losing a family member.

Because every night I give them kisses and tell them goodnight and that I love them.

Because right now I'm doing everything in my power to keep one four week old baby alive, and it's heartbreaking.

Because when one of them starts to meow I know right away why they're meowing. (Except Rascal, but that's because he's always meowing for no reason lol)

Because the only room that no cats go in is the bedroom (they like to lay right on my face =P) the rest of the house belongs to them.

There is so much more to it but these are the first few that come to mind lol I love my kitties!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I know I'm a cat parent because when I come home I always pick my cat children one by one and greet them, then eventually I say HI to my boyfriend.
Yes, but is that because your cats greet you at the door and your boyfriend does not? 

When I open the door, Mollipop, Muffin, and Tabby are all right there at the door; Tabby is usually behind the door, ready to pop out and say, "Boo!" I have to get past them to get up the steps and the only way to get past them is to put all my stuff on the floor, pick each one up and say, "Hello, baby! How was your day?" Then I pick my stuff back up, go up the steps to Ms. Pepe, say "Hello, Pepe-girl!" to her and give her a pat. And sometimes Amber is at the top of the steps, too. Only then do I get out to the kitchen where Rick is sitting at the table. Cats greet me at the door; husband does not. Case closed.

It's like a feline obstacle course around here sometimes, especially trying to get up the steps to the living room.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's as it should be. Not funny at all. Ask how many others do the same.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm a cat parent because I think I love them more than my people.
I mourned my gentle more than I did my mum.
I let them do whatever they - within reason. I will let whisky sit on me until I just about burst and put him back on my knee when I come back.
I bless them if they sneeze and sorry if I bump them.

sandra86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They do greet me at the door, but I guess it would be the same if my boyfriend was at the door and the cats would be lying on the couch, I would rush to the couch to greet them first 

animal lover 16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You know you are a cat parent when:
They do something bad and your anger melts away when they make themselves cute and try to love on you. (They know my weakness...)

You want to so badly move a yet won't so the cat or cats on or around you won't be disturbed. Even if not moving makes you really want to.

Stay up all night because your worry for your baby's vet visit the next day kept your mind winding.

You get sad because your baby is upset with you.

Not to mention you spoil them rotten.

My friend and I have this weird thing with our cats. When I am over at her place her cats come to me. When she is over at my place mine go to her. When usually they only go to us when other people are around.