Companion of the Elite, but really

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Behavior unknown
My Awssul, A lit'l wild cat. Is resting in her clean litter box.
She has a soft cat bed , a large wooden box, carpeted and vinyl floor. A couple of white cotton floor throws. I played the litter box out of reach temporarily , then it fell and I had to sweep up with a broom, I never use a loud vacuum. I think she is too skidish to handle the noise.
What is she trying to say by napping in the litter box. Also, I have a resident very playful Gentle-Giant. Awssul wants to go bother and hiss at to scare him. And he the GG jumps around her, let's her eat from his bowl , he lays belly submission toward her. He is cool with his new resident. He coos (let us play) They were introduced properly. Her safe room, Then, gate visits, etc,
She always occasionally rested in the litter box ? But she will urinate and poop as appropriate. I notice since she had free supervised visit of whole apt. She knows GG has a box, do you think I need to ask her resque family was she doing that there in NC?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've seen lots of instances of shelter cats sleeping in the litter box.. I think it seems like a 'safe space' for them.

Could you find a box that is around the size and shape of the litter box, put it somewhere safe and with something a little comfy in the bottom?

It is the type of thing that cats grow out of, once they feel safe and secure with you