Collars

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in the city so even though I have my Mini microchipped I also keep a collar on her with an ID tag. She is an indoor cat, but I am worried that if she gets out she will get lost. She sometimes can get overly curious and has sneaked out on occasion. She does well wearing the collar and doesn't seem to mind it. The problem is she loves to scratch her head and ears and then gets her claws stuck on the collar and it gets frayed. I have to replace the collar often. I have taken her to the vet to make sure she doesn't have an ear infection or anything and she doesn't she just likes to scratch! I have also had her not use the collar for a few days to make sure it's not the collar that's irritating her, but she still scratches just as much. Is there any type of collar that is more fray proof. I use a simple cheap break away collar right now, I am willing to spend more if I can find a better one that won't fray, but I don't want to spend more on a collar if it's just going to fray like the cheap ones.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you find one made of plastic or leather or go on Etsy and get one of those cord ones?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow that looks awesome! Plus I think I could make that! I think I even have spare parachord lying around as I am an avid backpacker. I think I could use the break away clasp from one of her old collars. I am excited she will look so tough in it! Absolutely perfect! If it does end up fraying parachord is something I always have around! Thanks for the great idea!