Collars and microchips: What does your cat have?

What does your cat have?

• Collar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microchip

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Collar and Microchip

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

lo-botomy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kittens are both collared. They have very simple, matching thin kitten break-away collars. They're a little annoying because they take them off a lot, but one of them likes to run out of the apartment door when I get home, so I feel better having them. They just have my name, apartment number and phone number as well as the cat's name so that if they get out and I don't realize, someone in the building will know where they belong. I would like to get them both micro-chipped also just for safety in case somehow they were ever able to get out.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whisky has a mauve collar and blighty a red one which looks lovely against his shiny black fur.

lunariris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very nice tags. :) If you don't mind my asking, where did you buy them and can you customize them?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They're very pretty designs.

I can't decided what to get my cats for Christmas, new tags for everyone or a big climbing tree they can share.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver is microchipped (by the shelter from which I adopted him) and wears a breakaway collar. The tags are his rabies tag and the microchip tag. I'm planning to get a customized one with his name and my number on it soon.

We live in a third floor apartment in a secure building, so I don't worry about him getting out through the windows. And if he ran out of the apartment, he'd just end up in the hallway of our secured building. Someone would have to open the outer door. While possible, he shows no interest in going outside.

I also have him insured and the policy covers not only the cost to advertise him being missing but also a reward, which is pretty cool.

Last edited: