Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4:30pm drink same as this morning- 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer, 2Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast instant coffee, microwaved all together for 2 minutes 20 seconds.

I wanted to try making it with milk instead of water, but I forgot. Maybe tomorrow. Do you guys ever use milk or almond milk with your flavored creamers?
I can't say that I have because I boil water in my kettle and brew the grounds in my coffee press and I just can't see that working with milk. It might work with instant coffee, though.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
brew the grounds in my coffee press
I've never had pressed coffee. Sounds interesting.

I read on the internet that some people use a full Tablespoon of instant coffee. That seems like a lot, but I tried it and really enjoyed it! That could get expensive though. I'm already halfway through this jar after a couple weeks.

1TB Nescafe Dark Roast instant coffee, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer, 1TB Honey Acres Cinnamon Honey Spread. Microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. Reduced the creamer amount a bit and added cinnamon honey. This was really yummy!
1637769689696.png

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never had pressed coffee. Sounds interesting.

I read on the internet that some people use a full Tablespoon of instant coffee. That seems like a lot, but I tried it and really enjoyed it! That could get expensive though. I'm already halfway through this jar after a couple weeks.

1TB Nescafe Dark Roast instant coffee, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer, 1TB Honey Acres Cinnamon Honey Spread. Microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. Reduced the creamer amount a bit and added cinnamon honey. This was really yummy!
View attachment 402391
That does look good. I love cinnamon. I'd probably use it on toast or a biscuit though.

Dunkin dark roast for me today.

I got an Americano at Dunkin yesterday so I earned a free espresso drink from that purchase and a free drink from my points

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I wouldn't suggest using 1TB of instant coffee in each cup. I'm really sick and shaking from all that caffeine. I couldn't even do my nightly dishes, I was shaking so bad. Hopefully it will wear off by morning. I'm glad anyway, because that would have been too expensive, using that much every day.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I wouldn't suggest using 1TB of instant coffee in each cup. I'm really sick and shaking from all that caffeine. I couldn't even do my nightly dishes, I was shaking so bad. Hopefully it will wear off by morning. I'm glad anyway, because that would have been too expensive, using that much every day.
M maggiedemi You really should cut back on your caffeine intake for a couple of days. If you are shaking so much from coffee, it is a sign that you are having too much.

I am not saying cold turkey but, at least half the amount you have been consuming..

We worry about you.....

This morning: Peet's Holiday Brew, with Bourbon Maple Syrup---aged in Bourbon oak barrels...
and a thick slice of the Pumpkin bread that I made, yesterday.

The Bourbon Maple Syrup is so good!! Nice and dark, thicker, with a nice aged surprising flavor..

Glad I picked up the bottle... it adds another flavor to plain coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not saying cold turkey but, at least half the amount you have been consuming..
It was so scary. Like a panic attack. I couldn't even do my dishes or make my hands work, I was so hot & shaking. I went outside, but that didn't help. Finally just went to bed. Hopefully that's over. I want to try different maple syrups, those sound so good!

Today I'm back to 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer, microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. I want to try mixing vanilla creamer with the pumpkin spice.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really sick and shaking from all that caffeine. I couldn't even do my nightly dishes, I was shaking so bad.
I've had something similar happen a few times, not actually shaking like you but definitely got the jitters. It's only happened at Starbucks when I got greedy because I had a reward and got a larger size drink which means 3 shots of espresso instead of 1 or 2. I think I've learned my lesson. 😉 I hope cutting back on your caffeine will help with the shaking and you won't feel like you're having a panic attack. I don't know if this would help but I always drink a lot of water if I think I've had too much caffeine, it flushes out your system. Hope you're feeling better today.:hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you're feeling better today.:hugs:
Thanks, I am feeling better today. I guess I just had to sleep it off, because there was no fixing it last night.

Drinking 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup International Delight Pumpkin Spice Creamer, microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. I think I liked it better with less creamer and the cinnamon honey. I'll experiment tomorrow.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Cuban aunt who makes the best coffee when she visits. So my mom and I wanted to try to make it and she recently bought an espresso machine from a coworker. My aunt had described how to make the coffee last summer but I wanted to check with her on the brand (Cafe Bustelo). She ended up having my uncle record her making her coffee for me. I think she was just tickled that I wanted to make her coffee. She told me to enjoy her roots. :lol:

We tried with dessert today and it went ok. It probably didn’t help that the machine is new to us. It wasn’t as creamy as my aunts but it tasted good. We just need to practice I think.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Cuban aunt who makes the best coffee when she visits. So my mom and I wanted to try to make it and she recently bought an espresso machine from a coworker. My aunt had described how to make the coffee last summer but I wanted to check with her on the brand (Cafe Bustelo). She ended up having my uncle record her making her coffee for me. I think she was just tickled that I wanted to make her coffee. She told me to enjoy her roots. :lol:

We tried with dessert today and it went ok. It probably didn’t help that the machine is new to us. It wasn’t as creamy as my aunts but it tasted good. We just need to practice I think.
Cafe Bustelo is really good coffee. Especially for the price. I've gotten it for $2.50 on sale at Publix. They also had a digital coupon which made it $2. I like that it's vacuum sealed. Good stuff.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Cuban aunt who makes the best coffee when she visits.
My friend told me that Cuban coffee is the absolute best. But then she never answered me when I asked her where to buy it! So is Cuban coffee the same thing as Espresso? I noticed that Espresso does taste better than other coffees. I really miss it since I ran out.

Today I opened up a new creamer. 1/3 cup Great Value Hazelnut Creamer, 2/3 cup water, 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee.
It's kind of boring, but I'll play around with it and see if it grows on me.
1637942525098.png

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend told me that Cuban coffee is the absolute best. But then she never answered me when I asked her where to buy it! So is Cuban coffee the same thing as Espresso?
You want this brand if you can get it.
image.jpg

Its strong and so good! I’ve never tried the pods. I bought the canister for Thanksgiving so mom sent it home with me and gave me the pod one to try. I normally mix half regular and half decaf grounds because I don’t want too much caffeine. It looks like I can use it in my regular single serve machine too.

I’m not sure how to describe the Cuban Coffee. Basically my aunt had sugar in a metal mug and then put the first bit of espresso in it and whipped it with a spoon. So not a lot of espresso. It was sticky like a batter; not runny. She said start with a little and add if you need more. And she whipped the heck out of it. :lol2: It helps it get creamy. She also had heated milk on the stove. So she put like a tablespoon or so of the sugar mixture in a mug, then the espresso, then milk. She has a hand milk frother but I’ll have to watch the video to see if she did that before or after the milk. I think it was before. I’m not sure of the quantity of espresso and milk but the mug was full when she made it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the one I get
1637945090050.png

I don't like sweetener in my coffee so I just make it the same way I make any other coffee. It's very good. I think anyone who likes dark roast would like it a lot. Publix has a $1 off digital coupon for it this week. I will be getting one when I go shopping later. :hyper:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was sticky like a batter; not runny. She said start with a little and add if you need more. And she whipped the heck out of it.
Oh, I think I know what you're talking about now. I think I saw that coffee in a video a while back. It's really thick and creamy, almost like whipped cream. It looks too desserty for me. It's a fine line for me, I don't like anything too sweet or desserty, but then I don't like it if it's not sweet enough.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It takes a while to get espresso right. Things like how much the grounds are tamped affect how it tastes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had the Great Value Hazelnut Creamer again, with Nescafe dark roast instant coffee. It's not growing on me yet, I still don't really like it. Maybe I can mix something with it tomorrow.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I think I know what you're talking about now. I think I saw that coffee in a video a while back. It's really thick and creamy, almost like whipped cream. It looks too desserty for me. It's a fine line for me, I don't like anything too sweet or desserty, but then I don't like it if it's not sweet enough.
Hmm... It was definitely sweet but I'm not sure I'd call it dessert sweet. I think it depends how much milk and coffee you add to it. The sugar/espresso mixture was thin enough to flow off the spoon in a ribbon; but not quickly. If that makes sense. I don't know how adjusting it would go. I'll have to ask her sometime.
It takes a while to get espresso right. Things like how much the grounds are tamped affect how it tastes.
I noticed in my Aunt's video that she tamped it quite a bit. But the machine's instructions said to only tamp it lightly. We definitely need some practice. I'm thinking of just buying a moka pot for myself since they seem to be less expensive than the machines out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.