Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That would be a no. :flail::flail::flail:
Maybe Ruby is your secret admirer, I know Carleton is mine. :catlove:

Dark roast coffee this morning. Since I plan to donate pet food later at the animal shelter where we adopted Neely and our dog I think I'll treat myself to a hot coffee drink when I go out.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The usual for me, however, I have a new mug. :biggrin:

View attachment 364744
I love the mug!! I just have my huge Red, Baby It's Cold Outside mug...

Tried the Donut shop, Peppermint bark... a bit strong on the peppermint and low on the coffee flavor... Not one to buy again...

Thinking of opening up a bag of SB Peppermint Mocha ground coffee and using my Washable Keurig pod.... I have a ton of K-cups... I should use up some of them before I start the washable stuff..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dunkin has a new brew.
Is that coffee extract safe? I noticed a cappuccino with that in it, it said it was to boost the caffeine.

#1 Maxwell House Half Caff drank black
#2 Maxwell House Half Caff drank black
#3 Maxwell House Half Caff, Aldi pumpkin spice creamer, 1Tsp white sugar

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#3 Maxwell House Half Caff, 3TB Yankee Traders vanilla cappuccino

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have switched to doing pour overs. I had actually had coffee that way about 40 years ago when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis. A lady made a cup for me when I was visiting and 40 years later I still remembered how good that coffee was, it wasn't called pour over then wasn't trendy then. Over the years I had thought about trying it, looked simple enough. Pour overs became trendy here and I thought that was what she did. It takes a little longer then a Kcup but I can make one cup. It tastes much better then a Kcup and is a lot cheaper.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have switched to doing pour overs. I had actually had coffee that way about 40 years ago when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis. A lady made a cup for me when I was visiting and 40 years later I still remembered how good that coffee was, it wasn't called pour over then wasn't trendy then. Over the years I had thought about trying it, looked simple enough. Pour overs became trendy here and I thought that was what she did. It takes a little longer then a Kcup but I can make one cup. It tastes much better then a Kcup and is a lot cheaper.
What is a pour over?
I do not think I have ever heard of it...
~~
Boring coffee... regular coffee with almond milk.. sometimes sugar added..
~~~
Tried a Matcha Green Tea Latte yesterday, at SB.... not a fan of it... At least I tried it..
I prefer regular green tea, or TAZO green tea...
Just have to get back into the habit of drinking it..

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best coffee I ever had was "cowboy coffee" made in a percolater over a campfire. There were grounds in it but I'm sure someone could use a coffee filter if they didn't want to chew their coffee like a real cowboy :D. Maybe just being cold around a campfire made it taste better but it was pretty darn good.

But coffee is definitely better when made in a French press or pour-over, and it doesn't take any longer than a regular coffee maker, and not a lot longer than a Keurig.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is a pour over?
I do not think I have ever heard of it...
It is really simple. How to Make the Perfect Pour-Over Coffee at Home I don't do the weithghing and counting seconds. I just eyeball the coffee. I do wet the grounds, wait a bit then start pouring the coffee. You don't have to get expensive either. Since it is trendy there are fancy expensive things for it but there are also very reasonable priced things. I do have a gooseneck kettle with a thermometer but again I didn't pay a lot for it. I got these from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J96VMCA/?tag=thecatsite It looks like the kettle I bought is out of stock but there were others in the same price range, around $20. The gooseneck kettle makes it easy to pour a steady small stream of water.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z4134MG/?tag=thecatsite

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds good, but too complicated for me!

#3 Half cup Maxwell House Half Caff, Half cup Aldi vanilla almond milk, 3TB Yankee Traders vanilla cappuccino

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
It is really simple. How to Make the Perfect Pour-Over Coffee at Home I don't do the weithghing and counting seconds. I just eyeball the coffee. I do wet the grounds, wait a bit then start pouring the coffee. You don't have to get expensive either. Since it is trendy there are fancy expensive things for it but there are also very reasonable priced things. I do have a gooseneck kettle with a thermometer but again I didn't pay a lot for it. I got these from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J96VMCA/?tag=thecatsite It looks like the kettle I bought is out of stock but there were others in the same price range, around $20. The gooseneck kettle makes it easy to pour a steady small stream of water.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z4134MG/?tag=thecatsite
Thanks for the info.... It does sound intriguing.. Some day... not right now.. have to cut back on spending...

Today was boring.. just SB Veranda Blend with almond milk... Bobs Red Mill Oatmeal with flax cup... so so.. not a fan of the flax in it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#3 Maxwell House Half Caff, 3TB Yankee Traders vanilla cappuccino powder

Made the coffee super strong today with 1/2 cup grounds instead of 1/3 cup. I needed the extra caffeine power.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been experimenting with different brand Kcups for my Keurig. For a number of years I have been buying Keurig Breakfast Blend cups at Sams Club but they have a couple other brands of breakfast blends that are 30 - 50% cheaper. So I picked up some of the cheaper ones to taste test.

The Member’s Mark brand was the cheapest but the coffee tastes strangely strong for a breakfast blend with a slightly burnt under taste. The next I tried was Cameron’s breakfast blend which comes in a cup that uses much less plastic than regular Kcups. The first couple of cups I tasted were pretty good, strong but mellow. But unfortunately cup number three was unpleasant tasting. I couldn’t exactly identify why it tasted bad but maybe bad roasting. So, I guess I am going to stick with the more expensive coffee.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am having the Donut Shop peppermint Bark k-cup. I am finding it bitter, with an aftertaste.
Not for me...

Had a Veranda SB k-cup earlier.... much better.

Also had a bagel, sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich!! Yikes... so much to eat... especially for breakfast! Hopefully, this will hold me until supper...
Was up early and at grocery store at 6:30am....

Status
Not open for further replies.