Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been posting about them for months. Holden, the 10 year old black feral brought us 3 tiger kittens Gracie, Harlow, and Frasier. The two boys are still outside.
Somehow I've missed all that news! Sounds like you've got a full feline house now. :petcat::catlove::lovecat:

Drinking the same thing as this morning and I'm feeling so pukey, sniffly, head hurts, and both my knees hurt!
Sounds flu-ey. Hope you feel better soon. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnamon Dolce, Peppermint Mocha, White peppermint mocha, Gingerbread... International Coffees, or CoffeeMate... These are what I would look at...
I usually look at the plant based creamers.. but, if I want a special treat, I will try the others..I look at carbs, sugar content. I do not not care for sweet coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should I start getting the flu vaccine? I'm really sick. But I still have to do all my work. Did my morning routine, now gonna lay in bed til 11am. How many days does the flu last? I need to get better fast, so I can weigh the cats and make their spay appointment.

Drank 4TB Hills Bros Vanilla cappuccino, 1/2TB Tasters Choice French Roast instant coffee, 1/4 cup Vanilla liquid creamer, in a cup of warm milk. My ears and head hurt, chills all over, hard to type. Throat is killing me. Coffee made me feel pukey.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does sound like the flu M maggiedemi . Unfortunately not much to do about it, though there is Tamiflu. Not sure how soon you have to take it to be effective.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I've decided that splurging $3-$4 on a fancy creamer is still a much better deal than buying a bunch of holiday coffees out (though I'll still get some). Honestly, I go to the store and look at the holiday creamer display and pick based on sales. But I'd do something pumpkin spice for Thanksgiving and something pepperminty or gingerbread for Christmas. I want to try the frosted sugar cookie international delight next, I think. I have the gingerbread cookie dough now and it's pretty good.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Yeah, unfortunately, it does sound like the flu.. In order to get Tamiflu (prescription) you need to see a Doctor, or at least call one.
The best thing to do is rest, drink plenty of fluids, not go out.. Tylenol, if you can tolerate it. take it easy.. There is always ginger ale ordeal Coca Cola to drink.. I usually take the bubble out. I drink flat soda, when I am sick. Do not go out. You need to pamper yourself..
And, I would stay away from your dad. He can easily catch whatever you have, by living in the same house.

As far as the flu shot: You cannot have any vaccinations, if you are sick. So, you have to get over this, before you can get the flu shot.

Hope you feel better, soon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Yeah, unfortunately, it does sound like the flu.. In order to get Tamiflu (prescription) you need to see a Doctor, or at least call one.
The best thing to do is rest, drink plenty of fluids, not go out.. Tylenol, if you can tolerate it. take it easy.. There is always ginger ale ordeal Coca Cola to drink.. I usually take the bubble out. I drink flat soda, when I am sick. Do not go out. You need to pamper yourself..
And, I would stay away from your dad. He can easily catch whatever you have, by living in the same house.

As far as the flu shot: You cannot have any vaccinations, if you are sick. So, you have to get over this, before you can get the flu shot.

Hope you feel better, soon.
To add to that, if you can handle electrolyte drinks like gatorade or pedialyte, that would be good for staying hydrated.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In order to get Tamiflu (prescription) you need to see a Doctor, or at least call one.
:yeah: Your doctor would have to diagnose that you actually have the flu. Tamiflu has to be taken within 48 hours after the onset of symptoms. I had a terrible bout of flu my first year of teaching and my doctor prescribed Tamiflu which really helped a lot.

I completely agree. :agree: If you have flu it is very contagious so please be careful and avoid close contact with your dad. I know you are conscientious about cleaning so hopefully that will help.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OOOOH! I quite like the idea of the peppermint mocha! And either the Frosted Sugar Cookie or the Gingerbread Cookie Dough!

Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte creamer. Sold in stores like Target.
That sounds delightful, but unless it's at Walmart, I'm sunk. HA! Just checked, and THEY HAVE IT! I'm so happy! Target's is a $50 cab ride away! Then, I'd have to pay them to wait for me to shop or pay the same to get back home.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
The grocery store was out of Peets Decaf.. sigh.. Had to get Green Mountain Half-Caf... Very disappointing.. very weak.. I think. Peets is my brand.. sigh. If this happens again, I hate to do so, but I will order Peets decaf from Keurig, or go searching Walmart and Target for it. sigh.
animated-smileys-drinking-007.gif
I am also a Peet's decaffeinated coffee fan. As yet I find no other coffee co. that uses the water method. I wish my market stocked the medium roast .

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I was at the grocery store, looking at their creamers... I felt like a peppermint mocha creamer for my decaf... Nope-- all brands sold out... I settled on a SB White Chocolate. Tried it this morning. It is so sweet. Tests like a bowl of sugar in my coffee.. not for me. I will see if anyone wants the full bottle.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I was at the grocery store, looking at their creamers... I felt like a peppermint mocha creamer for my decaf... Nope-- all brands sold out... I settled on a SB White Chocolate. Tried it this morning. It is so sweet. Tests like a bowl of sugar in my coffee.. not for me. I will see if anyone wants the full bottle.
I'd take it if I lived by you! Sounds yummy.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’ve been suspecting my Keurig of underperforming for a while. The coffee has been coming out lighter than expected.
Granted, my current roast is medium as opposed to my usual dark, but it should not look like weak tea when brewed.

When I set the little pod to the side, it initially dripped into the little dish, but when I came back a few minutes later there was no water under it at all. This tells me the grounds reabsorbed the water, which means the Keurig was running too fast and not allowing the grounds to percolate.

I took those same wet grounds out of the pod, put them in a small french press with 4 more ounces of hot water and got some very nice brew out of it. Not only was the color more on point, the flavor was richer as well.

I cannot express enough how annoyed I am about this. We spent a pretty penny on that machine. :cloudy:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’ve been suspecting my Keurig of underperforming for a while. The coffee has been coming out lighter than expected.
Granted, my current roast is medium as opposed to my usual dark, but it should not look like weak tea when brewed.

When I set the little pod to the side, it initially dripped into the little dish, but when I came back a few minutes later there was no water under it at all. This tells me the grounds reabsorbed the water, which means the Keurig was running too fast and not allowing the grounds to percolate.

I took those same wet grounds out of the pod, put them in a small french press with 4 more ounces of hot water and got some very nice brew out of it. Not only was the color more on point, the flavor was richer as well.

I cannot express enough how annoyed I am about this. We spent a pretty penny on that machine. :cloudy:
I switched to reusable pods in my Keurig and got much more flavorful coffee. But if you haven’t descaled recently I would give that a try and also clean the little poke holes on the top. They can get a bit of grounds stuck in them and it affects the flow.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I switched to reusable pods in my Keurig and got much more flavorful coffee. But if you haven’t descaled recently I would give that a try and also clean the little poke holes on the top. They can get a bit of grounds stuck in them and it affects the flow.
I do use the reusable pods
And I grind my beans fresh each morning

We descaled very recently, but I’ll take a gander at the hole pokers. 🔍

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i am so boring. Starbucks's breakfast blend with milk and sugar
That makes two of us! :thumbsup: I'm boring too. I had 2 cups of my dark roast black coffee today.
Y'all aren't boring, you're just part cat, and love your little habits and patterns!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've already tried and liked the spiced cookie iced coffee at Dunkin. I wanted to try it hot today but not with their house blend. I looked at how it's made on the app. It has unsweetened vanilla and brown sugar cookie syrup with oatmilk. I went to the regular hot coffee and customized the midnight blend to add the flavors but with cream. I don't like oatmilk. It's good. The modnight blend gives it an extra kick. I'd reduce the syrup from the standard 3 pumps to 2 for a large. It was a little sweeter than I wanted but still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.