Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I may need that second cup of coffee sooner rather than later since I feel a migraine coming on from the weather. 🤢 Coffee really helps alleviate the pain for me.
Huh… my hubby gets ocular migraines every so often. He’s more of a coffee fiend than I. I should ask if it correlates for him.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Thrive Market Oat Milk, 1/8 Cup Nuts .com Vanilla Cappuccino, 1/8 Cup Lipton Horchata, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, added powders last 40 seconds. Meh, not my best work.

I think I'm gonna try rubysmama rubysmama Swiss Mocha in my next Walmart order. I see they have it in stock. I'll give chocolate another try, since I liked the Cookie Butter Creamer even though I hate cookies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I'm gonna try rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Swiss Mocha in my next Walmart order. I see they have it in stock. I'll give chocolate another try, since I liked the Cookie Butter Creamer even though I hate cookies.
The Swiss Mocha is way less chocolate-y than hot chocolate, so you may like it.

As for actual chocolate, I'm a huge fan of Lindt. If you decide to try chocolate again, I'd suggest this:
Lindt Lindor 3 Flavors Assorted Chocolate Candy Truffles, 8.5 oz Bag

It includes an assortment of milk chocolate (my fav), dark chocolate (it's ok) and white chocolate (which I don't even consider chocolate. LOL) It is a bit expensive, but so worth it.

1651674832875.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for actual chocolate, I'm a huge fan of Lindt. If you decide to try chocolate again
Thanks. I seem to prefer desserty drinks over actual dessert, but you never know, they could grow on me.

Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Thrive Market Oat Milk, 3TB Nuts .com Vanilla Cappuccino, 1TB Lipton Horchata, 1Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, added powders last 50 seconds. It was nice and hot this time! You have to use at least 2TB of this Horchata powder though to be able to get it thick and tasty. That's what the directions say- 2TB, but I was experimenting with different amounts.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my regular at Dunkin today before going to a park this morning.
J is a future coffee drinker I think. Or maybe start her off with a smoothie. This little girl Bridgette that I watch videos of on Facebook is drinking smoothies at about J's age. No coffee yet, but she does eat hot sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, and spices. She goes and gets them from the cupboard herself and puts them on her meals. So cute. Plant Based Gabriel on Facebook if you want to watch.

Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Thrive Market Oat Milk, 3TB Nuts .com Vanilla Cappuccino, 2TB Lipton Horchata, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, added powders last 50 seconds. Better! Not perfect yet though.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J is a future coffee drinker I think. Or maybe start her off with a smoothie. This little girl Bridgette that I watch videos of on Facebook is drinking smoothies at about J's age. No coffee yet, but she does eat hot sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, and spices. She goes and gets them from the cupboard herself and puts them on her meals. So cute. Plant Based Gabriel on Facebook if you want to watch.

Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Thrive Market Oat Milk, 3TB Nuts .com Vanilla Cappuccino, 2TB Lipton Horchata, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, added powders last 50 seconds. Better! Not perfect yet though.
Lol, it was empty when I let her play with it. She just wants to be like mama and dada. She gets the same way about my husband's Mountain Dew Zero cans.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it was empty when I let her play with it. She just wants to be like mama and dada
Oh I knew it was probably empty! Glad she is interested in coffee though. :thumbsup:

It got cold on you? Or you wanted it that way?

Finally finished up the French Roast Instant Coffee. Now back to my Espresso. Yay!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No coffee for me until after my workout this afternoon. If I drink it before, I get jittery and sometimes nauseous during my workout. 😬😬
I'm the opposite I had black coffee and breakfast before my workout this morning. Stopped for an Americano this afternoon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used 1/4 cup of Horchata Powder in my coffee this morning and it was way too much! It was so thick that it was hard to drink. Must be the rice in it. I'll stick to the 2TB on the directions next time. It's almost gone anyway.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made an unexpected Dunkin run this morning. Someone spiked a high fever and we had to run to the pediatrician before I could make my coffee. By the time we left, I just wanted coffee right away so bought some, then made my second cup at home.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone spiked a high fever and we had to run to the pediatrician
Is she okay?...I'm just playing around with my Horchata powder today, will make another cup in a few minutes with espresso and cappuccino added. I really want to try this Banana Almond Milk, but it comes in a huge half gallon. I don't want to be stuck with it if I hate it. I wonder if it comes in a smaller one somewhere?

1651862883387.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she okay?...I'm just playing around with my Horchata powder today, will make another cup in a few minutes with espresso and cappuccino added. I really want to try this Banana Almond Milk, but it comes in a huge half gallon. I don't want to be stuck with it if I hate it. I wonder if it comes in a smaller one somewhere?

View attachment 419391
She's acting okay now. I need to take her temperature again, but she doesn't feel.s warm to me as she did earlier and it's been 5ish hours since I gave her medicine. We have to wait for covid results, but I'm just disappointed that I shouldn't take her to the big trucks event I was planning on tomorrow.

I bought that once! I didn't put it in coffee, though, just drank it separately. I think it would be weird in coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.