Clicker Training And Treats?

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would a pill cutter work to cut temptations?
Don't think a pill cutter would work. I use a pair of scissors. Cut them about an 1/8" thick. Sure a knife would work.

May I ask where you got yours?
Is this question for me?
I think I've seen them in all the pet stores I've been to. Some grocery stores carry them as well.

Shebas website has a where to buy search. Bottom right of page.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HAH! A pill cutter did work on a Temptation! Now, it will depend on the pill cutter, and a plastic bag and a hammer is certainly faster, but SOME pill cutters will cut them.

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HAH! A pill cutter did work on a Temptation! Now, it will depend on the pill cutter, and a plastic bag and a hammer is certainly faster, but SOME pill cutters will cut them.
The one I have I'm pretty sure would not work, at least to make the pretty pieces I make by cutting them with scissors. LOL
food.jpg

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha silly me. Read what the person is saying....
I thought you were cutting up SHEBA Meaty Tender Sticks. You clearly say Temptations.... :dizzy:

Yes I can see how a pill cutter would work on them.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm a little in awe...you cut those treats up so uniformly! I'd never have managed that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These days I just break them up with my hands and if I'm too lazy she gets a whole treat. She's pretty active so the extra calories aren't going to kill her.

She follows the guide stick pretty well now. I can lead her around my apartment and get her to jump on whichever piece of furniture I want. I'm starting to use the clicker to harness train her, too. Maybe she can see the great outdoors soon if it goes well.

I wish I could think of a way to use her lure toy in training, because that motivates her like nothing else; she'll chase it until she's panting with exhaustion and still won't want to stop. Still, I can't think of a way to harness that much manic energy. Amelia's play sessions are Cirque du Soleil meets Exorcist levels of intense.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please bottle and send some of Amelia's excess energy to Hekitty. Unless I goad her to movement, that cat would stay in one place until she turned into primeval ooze. SIGH...she's beginning to resemble a furry soccer ball, and no longer has a primordial pouch...she has a primordial duffel bag. Sadly, she is very like her mama.