Chronic Pus/bloody Nasal Discharge

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kind of late for a reply on colloidal silver. Reputable people say there’s no evidence that it’s effective and it can make your skin turn blue; that can’t be good. Spend your money on something proven to work.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reputable people say there’s no evidence that it’s effective and it can make your skin turn blue; that can’t be good
That is so true! I will say thought that their are different forms of colloidal silver. And some people try to "make their own". There is actually a couple that live in my town who tried their own colloidal silver, not the right one or home made (I'm not sure which) and they are literally blue. And not a weird "off-ish" tint or tone to their skin. It's BLUE. And it is PERMANENT! So you need to be careful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmd12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I didn’t see the responses about colloidal silver until now. I tried Sovereign Silver on myself and Jack. It seemingly perked him up and since I’ve run out, his discharge and breathing have gotten worse. Maybe it’s a coincidence but I’m not here to debate about colloidal silver :) I think you have to ingest a large amount for a long period of time and be predisposed to turn blue. Anyway, Jack eats normal, gained his weight back and plays etc. His discharge and breathing were much better but now he’s back to “honking” and more discharge (although it’s back to only one side). I’m going to start rinsing his nose more often and hopefully that will help. He’s back on steroids because his asthma attacks are back. Other than that, his quality of life isn’t poor so I just ride the wave and try to help him how I can :) Thanks everyone!

kmd12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I didn’t see the responses about colloidal silver until now. I tried Sovereign Silver on myself and Jack. It seemingly perked him up and since I’ve run out, his discharge and breathing have gotten worse. Maybe it’s a coincidence but I’m not here to debate about colloidal silver :) I think you have to ingest a large amount for a long period of time and be predisposed to turn blue. Anyway, Jack eats normal, gained his weight back and plays etc. His discharge and breathing were much better but now he’s back to “honking” and more discharge (although it’s back to only one side). I’m going to start rinsing his nose more often and hopefully that will help. He’s back on steroids because his asthma attacks are back. Other than that, his quality of life isn’t poor so I just ride the wave and try to help him how I can! Oh and he can smell again so he’s on cloud nine! :) Thanks everyone!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it’s a coincidence but I’m not here to debate about colloidal silver :)
Not debating either:). I just wanted to confirm that you need to choose the right one, and that the turning blue thing is real. It can be great for health, but as for the blue couple in my town....I feel so sorry for them.

kmd12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not debating either:). I just wanted to confirm that you need to choose the right one, and that the turning blue thing is real. It can be great for health, but as for the blue couple in my town....I feel so sorry for them.
Totally!!! That would be awful!!! I did research brands carefully before I purchased :) I really do appreciate all input!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Although...given the choice between being healthy, hearty and blue, or being snotty, miserable and a more "normal" color, COLOR ME BLUE!

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just curious whether the large amount of pus recovered after his antibiotic treatment was cultured. The head area is an unusual place for E. coli and I would suspect the culture was contaminated. I would definitely re-culture before giving more antibiotics.

Good luck with this guy, he is certainly a dilemma. I'm glad his quality of life is good.

kmd12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just curious whether the large amount of pus recovered after his antibiotic treatment was cultured. The head area is an unusual place for E. coli and I would suspect the culture was contaminated. I would definitely re-culture before giving more antibiotics.

Good luck with this guy, he is certainly a dilemma. I'm glad his quality of life is good.

kmd12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you! I had no idea about that. Maybe I will He hasn’t been on an antibiotic for almost 2 months now. I should be clear that his discharge is basically just bloody pus. It isn’t like discharge from a cold so it’s clearly some kind of deep infection he has. I’ll look into a second culture...maybe from another vet. Thanks again!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today's high quality colloidal silver like Sovereign Silver is actually silver hydrosol, the liquid after silver has been processed. I give my herpes girl and asthma boy CS 2x a day and it really does seem to help them.

kmd12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

Just wanted to update you all. Poor Jack was seemingly getting worse in that he was now sneezing out mucous constantly. Suddenly, yesterday evening, he coughed out what appeared to be an old piece of grain (at least that is what we think) that smelled horrendous and was tinged with old blood. He immediately starting sniffing like he could smell again and instantly started acting like his old self. No more mucous and no more honking. His breath doesn't stink anymore either. Fingers crossed this is the end for him. We think maybe he had an asthma attack a long time ago while eating and a piece of grain was lodged somewhere, causing an infection that in turn rotted his two teeth.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! :eek3: Well I hope all ends well and he and you are done dealing with this ordeal. :crossfingers: