Chronic Bad Behavior Until A Few Weeks Ago???

courtdawn333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!!! It's been awhile since I posted so I thought I would give a quick update before I move on.

I got engaged!!!!! Yay me!!!!!

Everything else has been pretty normal..For the most part... So I let this friend lets call her "May" move in with me for the second time this year(that should have been my red flag..
) and I thought even though she is jobless she is still my friend and it will all work out. WRONG. wrong.wrong.wrong.wrong. Some how in the span of like 3 months the friend I once knew as this funny sweet girl was a conniving, compulsive liar who was using me this whole time. I could go into lots of detail about what all she did but lets just say most people would love to take a bat to her head.
Now as violent as that sounds I haven't finished my story quite yet. The sole reason I kicked her out is why I'm posting in Behavior.

I left to go stay with best friend's for about 2 1/2 weeks about a 3 weeks ago so I figured since she is staying here for free and she will have my apt to herself and her BF, we will call him "brad", so I asked her simply to keep my apt clean and feed my babies while I'm gone. I needed a mini vacation due to stress caused by her and other things in my life.(I couldn't take my babies or I would have!!) I figured my fur babies would be safe with her and she would never harm them intentionally. Well needless to say when I got back I realized how wrong I was. I came back because I felt ready enough to face her and work through our problems. When I got home she was on her way out the door headed to her parent's for the weekend. which was OK because it meant I had the apt to myself(I missed it just being me!) I also need to quickly mention she had a puppy from my best friend's dog so she was obviously taking care of him. My dog was starving/emaciated and my cat was going bananas! I kicked her out ASAP and after her bf "brad" threatened me I haven't heard a @#$! word from them since! She left her puppy with me I might add but he found a good home that same night :) She should never be allowed to have any pets after that! I hope she doesn't. I'm sure she is spreading crap about me but she is a loser so I don't care! :)

Rosie while I was away was a very very naughty girl or so I had been told. May and my best friend were both telling me how she was acting. She was constantly meowing, biting jumping attacking legs, hair anything just to be a complete turd.   No one could pet her without being bit first. I couldn't believe she had gotten that bad! She is very very playful and likes to play bite but sometimes she bites a little too hard or scratches usually just to grab someones attention (my narcissistic princess!! LOL ) This was unusual even for her.

She even acted this way towards me at first but then she turned back into my sweet baby Rosie Posie (her "nickname") after she realized I wasn't going anywhere. I cleaned out her litter box (which May neglected to do! ) she instantly Started to act much better with May gone and a clean litter box! Now her and her sister are getting lots of I'm sorry treatments because of the trauma and abuse they have been put through. Does anyone think her behavior was because I was gone or because besides neglect did May hurt her? I know this is long but it frustrated me so bad I needed to rant somewhere lol

Last edited:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
First off, Congratulations!

Cats are really sensitive to change so it's very likely that Rosie's behavior was due to the stress of May's neglect and of you being gone. I think the fact that she's gone back to 'normal' since you came home and put her world right again is a pretty strong indicator of this. Unfortunately there's really no way of knowing if May and her BF did anything to your babies, but if you have any worries at all I would book a vet visit, just to check.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she didn't feed the dog she probably didn't feed the cat either. My kitties will start acting up when they're hungry. .. just a little "reminder" that it's mealtime! :lol3: So if she was continually hungry that would certainly be a good reason for being "naughty".

Or maybe she just didn't like May and her BF. Cats are good judges of character. Good for her! :clap:

Last edited: