Christmas trees!!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We have always put ours up over the weekend and then heavily monitored. I use a fuzzy blanket as a tree skirt to encourage rest under the bottom. Only a small family so presents don't take up all the space anyway.

We caught Magnus in it once as a kitten, removed him and told him no. Cal, as far as we know was only ever interested in sleeping next to Nobel. Ghost tries to climb it was we were setting up but I managed to grab hold of him before all four legs were up. We removed him and he's quite scared of punishment from wherever he lived before so he hasn't bothered again.

We've done no ornaments last year because two kittens. We did only unbreakable ones the year before and Magnus and Nobel stole a few off the bottom. I expect Ghost will steal some too. Maybe even Cal as he likes to steal things. Basically we'll wait until next week when the tree has become more of a fixture and "boring".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, all, for your help.

I will post next week what I come up with. Stay tuned! (But...don't set your expectations too high, lol. I'm going with easy and reusable.)

Here are the sweeties, exhausted after helping wrap presents (Mama is closest to the pillow):
IMG_7624.JPG

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you, all, for your help.

I will post next week what I come up with. Stay tuned! (But...don't set your expectations too high, lol. I'm going with easy and reusable.)

Here are the sweeties, exhausted after helping wrap presents (Mama is closest to the pillow):
View attachment 464602
Oh, what a precious feline family. :redheartpump:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for decorations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay...this is it for this year. Not perfect, but workable. And, as it's cat-friendly they have no interest in it whatsoever. :lol:

We put some favorite ornaments on the garland wrapped around a tension rod right beside this "tree".
1701905444011.jpeg 1701906159587.jpeg 1701906186978.jpeg

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my cat had her first Christmas, I bought something called Ssscat. It is a can of air that has a motion activator on the top. If it detects movement, it shoots a harmless puff of air. Cats learn to avoid the area quickly.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wound up doing this for Christmas this year. The tree is weighted at the base with 3 gallon jugs of water under the tree skirt. Plastic and wood ornaments only on the cat tree side. He has knocked over a couple stuffed animals but I don’t care. He is leaving the tree alone, like he did last year. Yes those are his and his brother’s paw stockings.
9E050015-1B57-411A-9CDE-77C689665387.jpeg
611C27D0-7635-434A-AA1F-5719A6A7FF18.jpeg

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I'm an atheist, I'm Jewish by background. So somehow I don't have to help with the tree, except for schleping the fake tree out of the basement. So of course I constantly tempt fate with joking comments to the wife as she works on it. Most recently, I told her that it "wasn't Christmas without colored lights" when she was done with all the hassle of broken, mismatched white lights. Some might say this makes me a bad person, but I think our mamma bear enjoys being poked now and then so she can show a bit of playful bear-rage.

Not sure what this has to do with cats, but our two are being quite boring this year, leaving the tree entirely alone :flail:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... Just fasten the tree down to the floor and tie it off with a wire that goes to the ceiling. Use non-breakable ornaments and low voltage LED lights.

Buckle the tree down so that it can't fall and let the cats climb it. Kitties need to have Christmas, too!

Besides, it makes for some great photo ops! ;)