Top Cat
Purraise
I already started listening to it

We put our tree up already but that's because we have no where to store it

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was reading in the paper last weekend that Christmas music triggers our spending relfexes and actually makes people want to go shopping and buy presents. (I don't know who did the study, but there might be something to it.)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I was reading in the paper last weekend that Christmas music triggers our spending relfexes and actually makes people want to go shopping and buy presents. (I don't know who did the study, but there might be something to it.)
I find some truth to that!!

tabaqui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The grocery store around here was already playing it a week or two before Halloween.

Yeeeeah. I like my holidays to stay in their months, thank you.

Besides, after my stint at a cookie shop, where we had to listen to carols 24/7 for a month and a half, so that I could quite easily sing along to the whole playlist because you would have the orders memorized for each day of the week after the first seven days, I'm not much on carols anymore.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
Originally Posted by stormy

One of the radio stations here has already started playing Christmas music 24 hours a day!
...A little soon, don't ya think?

When do you start listening to Christmas music?...if you do.
my daughters choir class stated singing christmas saongs at the beginning of october!!!! and recital is not until dec sometime. the one thing i DON"T love about christmas is the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Christmas music.... at Christmas time!!!!

It's been warm and sunny here - it just doesn't feel like mid-November never mind near to Christmas!

When I was in Germany this week, all the shops had their Christmas decorations up - I couldn't believe it!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play in a chamber music group, and we're performing Christmas music this weekend, at the Junior League Christmas House Tour. It seems really early, I think partly because of the warm weather. But it was fun rehearsing.