Chick Feed As Litter - My New Fave !!!!

Cats and Bees

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Newspaper is something that meant a lot to us old folks. Many people subscribed when they got new puppies so they didn't have to buy expensive puppy pads. :yess: They were good for lining birdcages and sopping up spills, also for when you cut your hair, or the kids wanted to draw on something and didn't have paper and you wouldn't let them draw on the walls. Some people actually read them. :D

I think Purina bought them all and now turns them into kitty litter.
Don't forget papier-mache!

Cats and Bees

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been using the pine pellets for a few years now. The clumping litter got to be too much; too much money, too much waste and too heavy to lift bringing in and out (15 cats). I miss the clumping action but do not miss the awful tracking! As for getting them to used it, well, it was a messy learning curve. I tried the mixing it method, it did not work. I had one litter box with half on one side and it was comical that I would go downstairs and find 15 piles of pee and poo in about 10 square inches. Then they started going on the floor. So, got rid of the last of the clay and they took right to it. It has saved me so much money going to the pellets, but I think if I only had one or two cats, I would go back to clumping.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using the pine pellets for a few years now. The clumping litter got to be too much; too much money, too much waste and too heavy to lift bringing in and out (15 cats). I miss the clumping action but do not miss the awful tracking! As for getting them to used it, well, it was a messy learning curve. I tried the mixing it method, it did not work. I had one litter box with half on one side and it was comical that I would go downstairs and find 15 piles of pee and poo in about 10 square inches. Then they started going on the floor. So, got rid of the last of the clay and they took right to it. It has saved me so much money going to the pellets, but I think if I only had one or two cats, I would go back to clumping.
Just an option, but if you want litter *and food, and toys, and supplies* delivered to your home, you may be able to sign up for an account on petco.com or chewy.com and they have excellent discount incentives for repeat auto-delivery.

Cats and Bees

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an option, but if you want litter *and food, and toys, and supplies* delivered to your home, you may be able to sign up for an account on petco.com or chewy.com and they have excellent discount incentives for repeat auto-delivery.
Everyone raves about Chewy, but I didn't find them competitive; I may look again especially since a few people mentioned Tiny Tiger that I want to check out. I do use Prime, and feed FF wet and up until my last visit to the store, was cheaper to buy in town. I buy the pine pellets ten bags at a time at TSC; they load them for me, I roll them off the back of my truck into the garage and I have a dolly at the house to get them to the door. I used to buy the FF (and dry) online from WM, but they did something goofy where I couldn't buy them a case (24) at a time and they wanted to sell me one can for $1.48! This was over a year ago, before this latest price hike :(

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone raves about Chewy, but I didn't find them competitive; I may look again especially since a few people mentioned Tiny Tiger that I want to check out. I do use Prime, and feed FF wet and up until my last visit to the store, was cheaper to buy in town. I buy the pine pellets ten bags at a time at TSC; they load them for me, I roll them off the back of my truck into the garage and I have a dolly at the house to get them to the door. I used to buy the FF (and dry) online from WM, but they did something goofy where I couldn't buy them a case (24) at a time and they wanted to sell me one can for $1.48! This was over a year ago, before this latest price hike :(
WOW. I've never shopped via Chewy -- I've been with Drs. Foster & Smith for years, and also Petco. Drs. F&S closed on 2/19 and accounts were transferred to Petco (which had owned Drs. F&S since 2015, unbeknownst to me) so I'm just seeing what it's like with the new system and if I don't like it I'll probably try Chewy, which a friend likes very much. She does buy Soulistic cat foods through Petco, though, because apparently Chewy doesn't have this brand which I referred to her and which we both love. I was REALLY sad to see Drs. F&S close. They had their own brand which was excellent and very affordable. Petco is still stocking their brand of dry and also treats, both of which are wonderful. But no more of their brand of wet, which we LOVE. I bought 11 cases of different formulas before Drs. F&S closed so we'd have back stock.

Cats and Bees

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WOW. I've never shopped via Chewy -- I've been with Drs. Foster & Smith for years, and also Petco. Drs. F&S closed on 2/19 and accounts were transferred to Petco (which had owned Drs. F&S since 2015, unbeknownst to me) so I'm just seeing what it's like with the new system and if I don't like it I'll probably try Chewy, which a friend likes very much. She does buy Soulistic cat foods through Petco, though, because apparently Chewy doesn't have this brand which I referred to her and which we both love. I was REALLY sad to see Drs. F&S close. They had their own brand which was excellent and very affordable. Petco is still stocking their brand of dry and also treats, both of which are wonderful. But no more of their brand of wet, which we LOVE. I bought 11 cases of different formulas before Drs. F&S closed so we'd have back stock.
Hmm, I've never shopped F&S but I have looked around their site. I've done Petsmart online when they used to send me % off specials. I would buy 6 months of food at a time (+/- $300.00). I don't remember exactly, but it was something like buy 12 get 12 half off. I would stock up baby. The cost savings was worth putting out the money up front and I feel fortunate that I can do so. I need to go back to that thread about price increases...someone said that Petco was phasing out FF and another type. What?!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I've never shopped F&S but I have looked around their site. I've done Petsmart online when they used to send me % off specials. I would buy 6 months of food at a time (+/- $300.00). I don't remember exactly, but it was something like buy 12 get 12 half off. I would stock up baby. The cost savings was worth putting out the money up front and I feel fortunate that I can do so. I need to go back to that thread about price increases...someone said that Petco was phasing out FF and another type. What?!
Yeah, Drs. F&S had excellent discounts for repeat auto-delivery customers like us, and wonderful sales. We miss them tremendously.
Not sure about the phasing out, but if you're near an American supermarket you can usually find Fancy Feast in those.