Chewy

Smootchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anybody know the truth about Chewy/Friskies debacle? As a registered rescue, I have been told by Chewy that my 16 cases of Friskies a month will not be available til mid December.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently it's not just Chewy---many are reporting that Walmart, Petsmart, etc. also have empty Friskies shelves.

I also get many cases of Friskies on Autoship. My last Autoship came with no trouble, and my current one says "preparing to ship" so I'm kind of hoping the warehouse mine come from has some hidden away for Autoships. . .

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
S Smootchie , I didn't know if you'd seen this thread, there are a couple of comments from posters who spoke with chewy and friskies

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a Friskies/Purina issue, not a Chewy specific issue, from what I understand
Im beginning to think we are grasping at straws..n nobody really knows YET what really is going on..Cause I just tried to contact FRISKIES..n they just offered coupons n wanted to get rid of me..My cat dont eat friskies..but I was trying to find out whats going on..n they just was avoiding the subject big time..

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Well anyway..Im back to givn my boy Fancy Feast Grilled Chicken Flavor cause tried him on the Tiny Tiger n its a NO...:whitecat:
Sorry I THINK I posted this in wrong place..been long day..sorry:):catman:Hes 11yrs n this is only thing he wants to eat ...Tried also Wellness Grain Free Gravies...n the carrots constipated him..so thats only givn once in awhile n rotation to keep it from constipation..Til find some others to work

Last edited:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Today I was at my local Petsmart which is full of Friskies and so I asked the manager what he knew about the supposed unavailability of the food and he said that they had not received any word and that his stocks are normal. So it appears that everyone is getting a different story......

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today I was at my local Petsmart which is full of Friskies and so I asked the manager what he knew about the supposed unavailability of the food and he said that they had not received any word and that his stocks are normal. So it appears that everyone is getting a different story......
Which is interesting as you'd think Chewy and Petsmart have the same supplier lol

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ON the topic of chewy....................I ordered OKOCAT cracked pine litter, tiki cat variety pack, and miko chicken and turkey in one night. what did chewy do with this information? rig it up so oko cat came yesterday, miko comes in a few days, and tiki comes like three days after. why? whats going on over there! gah, they listed it as i ordered the oko on the 7th and the others on the 9th... when i did it all in one order......makes me think theres something funky happening with these comps; that; or they're just kinda stupid.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I had that happen when I ordered an approved prescription item at the same time that I ordered the rest of my supplies. They held up the entire order, or their computer did, for the prescription. However, at other times I have received the separate shipments as you describe, for no apparent reason.

Just this week we had a little snafu about a prescription for my dog. It was entirely on them as the his vet and the office staff are meticulous and have no problem verifying the day and hour that they communicate with Chewy. When it was finally straightened out they waived the shipping charge. However, it did not arrive on time (FedEx notified me that it had been put on my front porch but it was not there). I called Chewy and they instantly refilled it and told me that I would not be charged and even if the other one arrived, that I could just keep it or donate it to someone else free of charge. So it made me wonder if they are having enough issues to where they are trying to compensate where they can with customer service. Upshot is that it did arrive and I called them and requested a cancellation of the second order as it just seemed like bad karma to keep an expensive prescription at their expense or make it seem as if the FedEx guy was not doing his job.

bpenniman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anybody know the truth about Chewy/Friskies debacle? As a registered rescue, I have been told by Chewy that my 16 cases of Friskies a month will not be available til mid December.
If you cant get the friskies it might be a good idea to find a wet food thats similar in nutritional content and ingredients to what your friskies cans are in the meantime. I had that problem a couple years ago with an organic brand that was mostly just in the southwest/west coast area of the country and moved to wisconsin. Couldnt get it. I had bought it in specialty cat stores in phoenix.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ON the topic of chewy....................I ordered OKOCAT cracked pine litter, tiki cat variety pack, and miko chicken and turkey in one night. what did chewy do with this information? rig it up so oko cat came yesterday, miko comes in a few days, and tiki comes like three days after. why? whats going on over there! gah, they listed it as i ordered the oko on the 7th and the others on the 9th... when i did it all in one order......makes me think theres something funky happening with these comps; that; or they're just kinda stupid.
A lot of large online retailers will do this now, mostly because they want to get the products off of their floor and out the door as quickly as possible. So if two things are in stock and one comes in tomorrow, it’s not worth it for them to hold your order for a day just to ship together.

Also with places that have lots of large distribution centers, sometimes they’ll come from different places too.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve had several discussions with the maker of Friskies. There have been other issues in the past and I am always offered coupons. Never have I ever gotten a straight answer. That is most likely corporate policy and protects their business interests.
So far I have found Friskies locally but my very first order, ever, from Chewy and they did not have any Friskies wet food other than poultry. I did send two cases of the poultry to the local shelter. My main problem was getting any of my order!! I placed a large order for many products for the sehelter and for my cats. Neither arrived. Second call was , no explanation for the problem , order cancelled and that they would handle it and call me back. They never called back! Nothing again, Third call, it was such a large order it was deemed unusual. Wha???? They finally delivered to me and the shelter. I ordered everything from food and litter to toys. Bad first impression for sure but I’ve heard many good things about them so I’ll give them a second chance. Growing companies often experience growing pains.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got an email saying my autoship is on its way. This is the 4th shipment I've gotten since it started saying Friskies was out of stock. Maybe it's because I get so many? Weird. Maybe I have my own little section of the warehouse :tongue: .

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I had trouble with Chewy on my first two orders which were about a year and a half ago. Non delivery and they blamed FedEx; in fact they were a little arch about it. Once we turn things over to Fed Ex it is between you and them. Hit the ceiling, screamed at Chewy and Fed Ex and after that things got better. I wonder if they have problems with initializing an order or getting you in their system. After those two episodes, the next snafu was the dog's Cushing's meds which I mentioned earlier. I won't order the cat's insulin from them though....too many variables that I don't want to have to deal with, so I pay full freight from her vet.

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chewy has been absolutely fantastic to me. Never a problem at all. Love ordering from them.