· Chewy.com OUT OF STOCK · 😨

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Many of us order from CHEWY and depend on them for regular delivery. I have just learned that many Friskies cat food is backordered until December.c

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My autoship says it's "preparing to ship" and I haven't gotten an email or anything :/. But, yeah, if I go to the product page it does say "temporarily unavailable". Ugh, I was just thinking to cancel my Amazon Prime subscription too. But if Chewy can't keep up I might have to keep it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Here is the information I received :

10/27/2019 04:54 AM
Hi there James,
Thank you for reaching out to us. The Friskies is currently out of stock until mid December due to the manufacturer being behind with demand. For the time being it will be unavailable to us until further notice.
Please don't hesitate to reach out for anything regarding you and your furry family!

May the furs be with you,

Brandon H.
Customer Service
Chewy

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this happened around the same time last year too. Maybe all the turkeys and pigs are going to Thanksgiving dinners instead of pet food ;).

They just shipped my Autoship with 10 cases of Friskies. Hopefully they'll get more before my next Autoship.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For those of you who have read or heard about friskies cans marked 1157, 1159, 1161 or 1167 and 6052, and whether that could be impacting this current situation, this may be useful;

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The timing on this thread really struck me! I have had long and drawn out discussions with Friskies. Last year was a banner year. Lol I won’t go into the whole thing but it was frustrating as a consumer and understandable from the business side if I were the company.
However.......I just made my very first order from Chewy. I had heard so many good things here about the company, I thought I would give them a try. I placed an order for a months supply of food and litter along with toys and flea meds. An order for the local shelter was included as well so it was a large order. It did not arrive the first day it could have but I got a hang up call from a Chewy number. Checked it out online and it was a Chewy number. I called the Chewy number I had called to place the order and asked if there was a problem when the order failed to show again. Not placed! Commincation issue? They rep was unsure of the reason. They assured me it would be corrected and they would call me back as well as getting delivery to me this week. Hoping! No call back yet! I got the flea meds somewhere else today. I also had to purchase litter yesterday and food today for the upcoming week. I know I am a new customer but this wasn’t a great first impression. We are all human, so giving them another chance. I really am excited to get the stuff I ordered. Cool toys that I had been looking for after reading on site how cats love them. A pack of ten spring toys.