Cheetor, My Late Bengal

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This was my first bengal, Cheetor. I lost him three years ago to cancer, he was quite a character
unnamed.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was devastated when I lost him. Later that year my daughter and son in law got me a kitten, he wasn't born yet but they had put a deposit on him and I got pick of the litter. This is him, Orri, my avatar

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was devastated when I lost him. Later that year my daughter and son in law got me a kitten, he wasn't born yet but they had put a deposit on him and I got pick of the litter. This is him, Orri, my avatar
He's a gorgous boy. It helps to heal the heart to open the home and heart to another sweet cat, I know. I always try to do this.

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That cat was so bonded to me that if I left him alone he'd pull his hair out, I took him to the vet and the vet said it was stress and to get him a kitten, so I got a siamese rescue for him. He loved her, I used to say he left me for another woman, then when I lost him the siamese so so upset, she'd cry and run around the house looking for him, my cats never go outside but she kept trying to get out to look for him. But when I got Orri she loved him and was happy again. She is not a purebred but it didn't matter she needed a home and he needed a companion and they don't know or care what they are and now everyone is happy again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That cat was so bonded to me that if I left him alone he'd pull his hair out, I took him to the vet and the vet said it was stress and to get him a kitten, so I got a siamese rescue for him. He loved her, I used to say he left me for another woman, then when I lost him the siamese so so upset, she'd cry and run around the house looking for him, my cats never go outside but she kept trying to get out to look for him. But when I got Orri she loved him and was happy again. She is not a purebred but it didn't matter she needed a home and he needed a companion and they don't know or care what they are and now everyone is happy again.
Excellent news all the way around, especially about "not purebred" -- "rescued" has always been my favorite "breed" and I work 365 days a year advocating for cats needing loving permanent homes in ACC's, shelters, rescues, and "on the streets", so I love hearing that news.
As for bonding, in my experience cats bond very deeply. I have rescued entire families and kept them together -- they are definitely bonded. I also inherited a male and female cat, beloveds of a dear friend who took her own life. They were fiercely devoted to one another, slept in each other's arms, washed each other, and loved each other tremendously. She outlived him by several years, and she always seemed sad to me after he left. We had a large multi-cat family, so she had plenty of companionship; but she seemed to keep a kind of distance from everyone else, though she was always sweet and loving.

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw the litter on line, the litter was going to be put down because no one wanted them so I had her transported here (NH) from Georgia, she was 4 months old, a little ball of white fluff, as she got older her colors came in but she still has blue eyes.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so very hard when they leave us, I'm so happy you were able to pass down the legacy of love that was entrusted to you. Even though his physical presence is missing from your life, your souls will always carry that bond of love that will keep you in touch.
Bless you for telling us of this lovely boy, and of the happiness that can be found once again.

Linda Dwyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Christmas before he died my oldest daughter had a large oil painting of him done for me and it hanging on the wall where he can watch over the other two now